timetabling question (1 Viewer)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Hey, at enrolment I was given a set timetable with the option of choosing a morning or afternoon session. Within each session I was also given the option of choosing an earlier tutorial or a later tutorial.

E.g. Lec 01 9:00-10:00
tut 10:00-11:00am (1,2,3,4,5)
tut 11:30-1:00pm (7,8,9,10,11)

My question is if I were to choose the earlier tutorial session that followed immediately after the lecture, would that even give me time to get to the tutorial? Has anyone ever set their timetable like that and if so, does it feel very rushed?

So far I've chosen the later session, but now that I think of it, an hour an a half is a lot of time to spend being bored:\

Any kind words of wisdom?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Hermzie said:
Hey, at enrolment I was given a set timetable with the option of choosing a morning or afternoon session. Within each session I was also given the option of choosing an earlier tutorial or a later tutorial.

E.g. Lec 01 9:00-10:00
tut 10:00-11:00am (1,2,3,4,5)
tut 11:30-1:00pm (7,8,9,10,11)

My question is if I were to choose the earlier tutorial session that followed immediately after the lecture, would that even give me time to get to the tutorial? Has anyone ever set their timetable like that and if so, does it feel very rushed?

So far I've chosen the later session, but now that I think of it, an hour an a half is a lot of time to spend being bored:\

Any kind words of wisdom?
No this is how it is for everyone
they don't start the lecture on time and usually your tutor will let you finish about 5 mins earlier allowing time to get to the lecture
usually classes are done so they start and finish at the same time, theres nothing wrong with it
you will get used to it
and you won't have to run around :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
It is important to remember that your tutors will have been sitting in those same lectures as you will and the tutes don't start till the tutors get there. So allow for 10 minutes or so between the lectures and the tutes after them. When I was doing classes like this for Power & Change last year, I managed to get there at least five minutes before my tutor so you won't have any problems.

On the other hand, the hour and a half is extra time that you could have to go over your lecture notes before class or edit an assignment or go for coffee with friends. So it doesn't have to be a complete waste of time either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)