timetables (1 Viewer)

strawberry

well, uni starts on 23rd and enrolment's pretty soon

so when do we actually get our timetables??

dissident

at enrolment you officially pick your elective classes and majors and whatever, get your student card, etc, and then you can go online (anywhere you want, just to make that clear) and make your timetables with your list of whatever classes you have

in any case, after you've settled accomodation (if you're coming from somewhere out of canberra) and accepted your offer and all that, you don't have anything to worry about till enrolment. all questions will be answered then i'm sure!

2003HSC

i think most people do 4 courses a semester.
Has anyone finalised their timetable from the timetable builder at the ANU website? I tried to do my semester 1 program but there are some classes missing and not enough information to work out all my classes.

strawberry

i tried the timetable builder as well but heaps of my classes clash and i still have 7 unfilled spaces left in my timetable

i'm so scared and i have no idea what to do.

oh yeah...how do we fill out our enrolment registration??...you know part 3 with the table..what's class nbr, and does term refer to semester???

i'm so sonfused!!!!!!

dissident

just fill out as much as you can and leave the bits you're not sure of till enrolment where they'll help fill out the rest
i dont get why you guys are even making your timetables already and fretting when it doesnt come out right. you don't need to make it now unless you already figured out what classes you're going to do and want to see how your timetable looks like. at enrolment there will be people to hold our hands and guide us through the rest of the process. so stop worrying and look forward to uni life!

strawberry

but i don't get the WHOLE of part 3!!!

and also, people keep saying that "in uni you are just another number. No one cares..."

dissident

i went to unsw last year and this is how enrolment was there:
stood outside in a big ass long queue until they open the door and usher you in.
on the main floor there were all these signs saying stuff like "ARTS", "LAW", "ARTS/LAW", "SCIENCE", "ELEC ENG" etc with these enrolment people sitting under them, and you went and stood in another long queue
once you get to the head of the queue you speak with the enrolment person and choose your majors and any elective/extra courses you want and they dole out advice, all the time while people behind in the queue shift around impatiently and shoot off dirty looks at you.
after you finish talking, they mark down all these courses you are taking on a piece of paper (which i'm assuming is going to be the part 3 on the enrolment paper at ANU) and then you took the paper down and stood in ANOTHER big ass long queue, this time next to the UNSW toilets leading into their computer room where people looked at your courses and printed out a timetable for you

of course this is only for UNSW and ANU will probably do a few things differently, but if you're really uncertain over a particular point, ring up admissions and ask them. if i'm wrong, then come back and tell me so i can start stressing out too, but right now i'm pretty certain that you dont need to worry about anything right now except filling out the hecs payments declaration form

strawberry

thanks dissident...i had no intention of branding you as hostile

it's just that with everything going around, you get nervous really easily even though it's no big deal!

i'll prob give them a ring and see what happens...

so r u coming to anu this year?? what about unsw??

dissident

no problems
yah i'm coming to anu. i left unsw last year
gl in calling them. it's like they have one person looking after 10 phones or something because they just wont pick up sometimes :(

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
figured that one out today.. its hopeless.. ended up emailing them and i doubt ill recieve any response there...

im after a Hecs payment options declaration form.. anyone know where else i can pick one up... csu is here in bathurst, would they have them?

strawberry

I KNOW!! last week i called them coz my pack came late and i had to call 3 times to get through coz the phone kept on saying that the person wasn't there and there was an answering machine...

they didn't even call back even though i said it was urgent, gave them my number and student id and everything!

oh yeah...one guy called back like right before 4pm and i was like a little late dont you think i've already spent a fortune making long distance calls to talk to an answering machine!

so you've had the same experience huh??

strawberry

just a suggestion Bolkonski,

instead of emailing anu...coz although they email you back pretty fast sometimes they're simply hopeless in answering the question! they almost always sidetrack and you end up having no info!!

you'd prob be better off going to the hecs website (www.hecs.gov.au) and emailing them for a form!

good luck anyway

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
psych_girl said:
who knows when ANU starts class on 05?
21/02 is the beginning of the first term...O-Week therefore starts on 14/02. Suggestion for those moving into college: everybody likes to move in during the weekend before O-Week...if you can come down a day or two earlier, it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)