Timetable Question (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Wait, so if you think your timetable is fine you don't need to go to that building and wait in line for ages?

americanshoes

HSC
actually the usyd timetable system does have class size caps doesn't it? When a class becomes full the entry becomes blue in the centralised timetable site and you won't be put in it. At least thats the experience I've had.

I agree the usyd timetabling system could be better. Is what they do in the computer labs really that hard that a similar facility couldn't be made available online? Or are there issues with the server only being able to handle so many changes from student accounts at once....

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Is it possible to get by with clashing lectures? My two-hour GOVT lecture clashes in the first hour with HSTY and the second with ANHS, but I don't really want to switch to the other GOVT unit for the semester because if I do I'll have 7 hours of classes on Tuesdays and won't get home until 8.30-9.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Triangulum said:
Is it possible to get by with clashing lectures? My two-hour GOVT lecture clashes in the first hour with HSTY and the second with ANHS, but I don't really want to switch to the other GOVT unit for the semester because if I do I'll have 7 hours of classes on Tuesdays and won't get home until 8.30-9.
I'm going to try. You could try going to alternate lectures.
I've got my school visit on 8/13 weeks this semester, and one lecture on the same day, so I'll only be able to go to 5 of those lectures. The subject does have 2 lectures, though, so I'm thinking I'll be ok. I can always try scabbing notes off someone.

Besides that clash, I like my timetable. I can work monday and tuesday arvos, I can go to theatresports, I have friday off. Awesome.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Not a bad timetable, will only seek to bump acct up on tuesday and claw down on thursgay.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
How come some people already have their timetables?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'm a dumbshit. We've established that in previous posts!

I thought they weren't posted till O-Week. I'll post mine in a minute.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ok, in that case we hacked the board of studies by running a program which simulated the system's date as the day that O-week starts, fooling it into releasing our timetables.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
scarybunny said:
I'm going to try. You could try going to alternate lectures.
I've got my school visit on 8/13 weeks this semester, and one lecture on the same day, so I'll only be able to go to 5 of those lectures. The subject does have 2 lectures, though, so I'm thinking I'll be ok. I can always try scabbing notes off someone.
Note-scabbing sounds good to me. I have a friend doing the ancient history course, and she even has neat handwriting, so I can hopefully get those, so I'll just need to ingratiate myself with someone doing the middle ages and I'll be set.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
~Sw33ti3~ said:
gee... mine looks horrific....

*faints*
that's what you get for having a crap bos nickname. and you can bump up a lot of those tutes. come into the timetable changing place and win at life.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
No days off is kind of shitty, and you have quite a few long breaks. Better if you don't live too far away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)