Timetable issue! Help. (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
I'm going to study bussiness at UTS & I'm having issues with the timetable. For a few of my core subjects (i.e Marketing fundamentals), it's got sections that you can select the time of the lecture and tutorial you want to go to. But the section I want is full. Does that mean there is no chance of me getting it or should I keep going on it to see if there are places available for that section?? The section I chose was too late for my liking + I have work...

This is confusing.

I'll attach my timetable...
TIMETABLEE.png

mrh94

HSC
And now there is a clash. And its' much worse ugh.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Can I just ask, how on earth did you manage to get a clash in 1st year?? 1st year business subjects (if you do the sequence that they recommend in the handbook) are designed to be clash proof.

If you have issues with lectures, don't sweat it. Just go to the lectures whenever the hell you want, nobody marks attendance, and if you're in the big lecture hall, the room won't fill up.

Tutes are a different story however, my recommendation is just to keep checking to see if a spot opens up at the time you want

mrh94

HSC
Can I just ask, how on earth did you manage to get a clash in 1st year?? 1st year business subjects (if you do the sequence that they recommend in the handbook) are designed to be clash proof.

If you have issues with lectures, don't sweat it. Just go to the lectures whenever the hell you want, nobody marks attendance, and if you're in the big lecture hall, the room won't fill up.

Tutes are a different story however, my recommendation is just to keep checking to see if a spot opens up at the time you want
I actually have no idea what I'm doing hahaha. But yeah I fixed the "clash" or whatever it was :) Thanks!

dearluci

HSC
Hey there, one thing I noticed is that you have both the Autumn and Spring semester classes showing on your timetable. I found that when I was doing mine, it was easier to just view them one at a time, otherwise I got confused and thought that everything was clashing xD It makes your timetable less crowded to view them one semester at a time so it's easier to work with and adjust :3 Hope that helps a little!

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to study bussiness at UTS & I'm having issues with the timetable. For a few of my core subjects (i.e Marketing fundamentals), it's got sections that you can select the time of the lecture and tutorial you want to go to. But the section I want is full. Does that mean there is no chance of me getting it or should I keep going on it to see if there are places available for that section?? The section I chose was too late for my liking + I have work...

This is confusing.

I'll attach my timetable...
View attachment 27444
There's no clash ^^. It's just that you were viewing both semesters.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yeah, if a lecture you want is full just find out where it's being held and just rock up - it's what everyone does. As for tutes, often spots will open up in the coming weeks as people swap to friends tutes and same will happen a week or so into uni and then extra spots will likely become available here and then up until the census date in late march.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)