timetable CLASH (1 Viewer)

DW123

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
I'm doing a bachelor of arts!!!
i'm an undergraduate student- first year starting university & i am unsure about the facts!
I unfortunately have a clash between my majors (industrial relations and human resource management & socio-legal studies lecture on tuesday ) I really don't want to change these majors because they are important that i do them!

I have contacted the lecturers about if they record them and upload them online and they said they do.

However, one of the lecturer told me that he hands out pop quizzes during his lectures and they contribute 10% to the final mark. Is this even possible that you get pop quizzes in a lecture full of 300+ students? anyways i contacted the lecturer for the socio-legal studies lecture and he said that he gives his pop quizzes during his tutorials. I am confused if there is such a thing and also if its easy to watch lecturers online? and that if you have gone through this let me know what to expect of what to do especially if i'm missing one lecture a week however i will most definitely be watching it online.
Thank you so much

rach18

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I can only speak for socio-legal studies. I did SLSS1001 and hardly attended my lectures, not due to clashes but rather due to laziness at waking up so early to attend it. I got through it fine. Sometimes I'd watched lecture recordings, but I mainly relied on the lecture notes available online (they're really detailed) and did the set tutorial readings. I actually got good marks as well, so I wouldn't fret about missing lectures for that subject... I don't know about industrial relations and human resource management though.

Also, the pop quizzes were quite easy, it was just a few questions based on the readings and lecture notes.

DW123

HSC
N/A
Thank you so so much! just wondering you got your pop quizzes during tutorials, right? because i'm going to be missing that lecture and i dont want to be missing out on anything important.
Was your lecturer name allen george?
THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!
also was the subject enjoyable :D

rach18

HSC
Uni Grad
No worries! Yep pop quizzes in tutorials, you only get about 3 questions every tutorial. Haha yeah Allen George was the lecturer, sometimes you'd get guest lecturers though. I found SLSS1001 quite enjoyable, you have really interesting discussions in the tutorials and if you liked legal studies in high school then you will definitely love this subject. Also, the first assessment was a court report and you had to watch a court proceeding, I thought that was pretty cool.

DW123

HSC
N/A
one more question sorry :) during the socio-legal studies lectures there weren't any like pop quizzes or tests because apparently in some lectures for other subjects they do that.

rach18

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey! Yeah definitely no quizzes/tests in the socio-legal lectures, although this was in 2013, they might have changed it this year but I seriously doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)