timetable clash!!! (1 Viewer)

eldawgz

HSC
I have a few clashes whilst tryng to plan out my timetable! im studying bachelor of science this year and I've chosen scientific literacy, chem 1, physics 1 and math 1A units. however, on the platform web it says that i dont need to register to the physics lecture? does that mean im already registered or is it not a compulsory thing? physics also clashes with math lecture btw and there's no where else to fit it in! and with the chem units, do i need to register for ALL of them (tutorial, lecture, workshop, prac skills)? sorry for the essay lol i will get in touch with UWS just need clarification :)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Okay firstly, when there is a clash, try to create a fresh new timetable where classes possibly don't clash ( I know this sounds dumb considering you are already having probs with this). Next, no you don't need to register for lectures. Thridly, yes you need to register for the lecture, tute, pac skills and workshop. Uws has organized this thing that helps fitst year students create their timetables. Check the website.

eldawgz

HSC
hey thanks for the reply. the chemistry tute, workshop, skills and pracs are all in one day which makes it impossible to fit into one day. this is so stupid. i think i may just attend the first hour of a three hour math lecture then go to the three hour physics lecture. would i be allowed to do this?

muhahahahahaha

HSC
You would be allowed to. You can walk out of lectures if you like but I highly discourage this because lectures are the most informative thing at uni, they are even more helpful than tutes. Go to one of the planning timetable days that uws has organized and ask one of the Helpers there as they are much more capable of organizing everything for you. I should post up the link of when this help session is being held.

eldawgz

HSC
whens the timetable planning day? because i knw that theres the my course planning session maybe i could get help there

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
There appears to be 2 lectures in Maths 1A - at parramatta - one is on Tuesday - so that will not clash

eldawgz

HSC
really? mine just shows up with one thursday lecture, two monday tute and one thursday tute.

concon

HSC
N/A
hey guys just a quick question... i am doing physiotherapy at uws next year.. but for some reason i can't find the timetable for my course.. where do i get to plan my timetable? thx

eldawgz

HSC
you cant actually obtain a timetable just yet as the registration opens in mid-feb. im just using microsoft excel to plan out my tutes, lectures and pracs to plan my sem out. if you go to tutorial registration in platform web website it shows your units and the times of lectures and tutorials and just plan it out from there.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
hey guys just a quick question... i am doing physiotherapy at uws next year.. but for some reason i can't find the timetable for my course.. where do i get to plan my timetable? thx
Platform web which will appear when you log into my uws.

eldawgz

HSC
i figured it out! looks like i have to changed units from math 1a to a different math unit (quantitative thinking or discrete math - trying to decide which one) to avoid any clashes. although i have no clue as to what discrete math and quantitative thinking is, can anyone help? and btw will i suffer if i choose discrete math having only done general math? thanks!

Dylanamali

HSC
i figured it out! looks like i have to changed units from math 1a to a different math unit (quantitative thinking or discrete math - trying to decide which one) to avoid any clashes. although i have no clue as to what discrete math and quantitative thinking is, can anyone help? and btw will i suffer if i choose discrete math having only done general math? thanks!
have you made your timetable?
I have absolutely no idea how to do it.. I mean i've gone to the timetable page and entered my units, but it doesn't seem right.. my Wednesdays are extremelllyyyy long and there seems to be multiple clashes,
are we supposed to go to everything on the timetable, or are there multiple sessions of the same lecture/tutorial etc?

eldawgz

HSC
have you made your timetable?
I have absolutely no idea how to do it.. I mean i've gone to the timetable page and entered my units, but it doesn't seem right.. my Wednesdays are extremelllyyyy long and there seems to be multiple clashes,
are we supposed to go to everything on the timetable, or are there multiple sessions of the same lecture/tutorial etc?
hey

i have planned my timetable just so that i have an idea and that i know what days im in. are you doing essential chem 1? if so, yeah wednesdays are pretty sucky. yes we are supposed to go every lectures/tutorials/pracs/workshop and skills (which only runs in the first week). the sessions alternate each week, so you could have tute on wednesday and the next week you dont. it should show if the sessions alternate in the 'weeks' range to avoid multiple clashes

Dylanamali

HSC
ah k, yeah I had planned on doing essential chem, biodiversity and physics 1.

eldawgz

HSC
are you also planning in doing math 1a? cos that clashes with the physics lecture ><

Dylanamali

HSC
haha nah,

its only choose 3 electives right.. + scientific literacy.

What course are you doing? And what units?
This is me for Adv Sci.

Farout.. I just had a look, and essential chemistry is really the killer..
so many tuts/lectures/pracs.. wow.. =/ and I have meetings on wednesday nights..

eldawgz

HSC
I'm doing bachelor of science and I'm doing Chem 1A, Physics 1, Discrete Math and Scientific Literacy. I know, chem is gonna kill me that's why I've reserved Wednesdays for Chem. what's biodiversity about?

Dylanamali

HSC
Ah okay, parramatta campus?

Yeah I was going to do a Math unit, but thought I'd just do it next semester.. probably gonna do Math 1A.

Biodiversity is basically like biology.. I need it coz I'm probably going to major in physiology or biochemistry.
Have you thought about your possible major?

eldawgz

HSC
yeah im at parramatta. haven't thought about that yet, because I'm looking to transfer out after first year to Usyd medical science second year or unsw engineering (materials science) or chemical not sure yet. i'll probably major in chemistry and math

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)