• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

timetable clash? (1 Viewer)

collierl

HSC
ive got a clash between two tutes, one of which is only on every second week. the tutes are for gmat1110 and mats1101. the mats1101 tut lasts for an hour and is a 500 person tut, and falls inside 4 hours of gmat1110 tutes i have to attend every second week. the mats1101 is classified as a permitted clash on the timetable on elearning vista, whereas gmat comes up as a red clash.

if one of the classes in the clash is permitted i assume its all ok?
also do i have to fill in and submit any forms etc? i read something about having to give forms to both school to permit the clash?

the stupid thing is that the 2 classes are my recommended electives, yet they clash. nice

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
clashed tutes are not necessarily permitted, myunsw may prevent you from enrolling. I'd try doing other combinations of electives

collierl

HSC
ok, well it has let me enrol. which is what confused me.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I have clashes for my other subjects, but I've chosen to choose a different combination. Ring your respective schools

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
that's really weird, because its our recommended electives too

karnage

HSC
yea i was just about to post something about this, wtf clashing tutes.

also, i do not approve of these 9am starts :(

-s2-

HSC
Oh god, lecture clashes: CVEN1300 and MATS1101 lectures are set and have no alternatives, out of the three MATH1231 lectures, two clash with either CVEN or MATS. The only one that didn't clash with them was flooded because these subjects are for civeng and everyone ran for it..........ahmagod

karnage

HSC
Oh god, lecture clashes: CVEN1300 and MATS1101 lectures are set and have no alternatives, out of the three MATH1231 lectures, two clash with either CVEN or MATS. The only one that didn't clash with them was flooded because these subjects are for civeng and everyone ran for it..........ahmagod
fuck.... :eek:

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
talk to ur faculty about it, if they're only lectures then u can get an allowed clash, then attend one lecture one week and the other in the other week, or go half half, whatever.

and if ur in blennerfaggot's lecture for math1231, then i pity you, because ive had him for math1a and 1b last year and he's shit at teaching.

i'll be in tisdell's lecture for math1231.

-s2-

HSC
lol, i ended up going for environmental engo and was enrolling then i realised those 2 remaining maths lecs then clash with fundamentals of chem which is compulsory for enviro engo and while i was moving the subjects around (it took like 3 hours because of that silly congestion thing) all the MATS labs were taken up except one which clashed with another lec or one that finished at 8 ofmgomfofgmfogmfomgofmgofmgfomgfogmfomgfogmfgomofmgfogmfofmgofmgofgm...
hey tafe doesn't sound so bad actually

oh yeah that belnner guy seems like a friendly guy, i have him for tutes but i haven't turned up for enough lecs to know who's good or not

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
fucking shit fuckin system.

why the fuck would you let commerce fuckwits enrol first faggots.

so many fuckin clashes i think i have to take another elective

Last edited:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
well, last year, 1st year mechanical engineering students had that problem.
now its the civil engineering students.

fucking shit fuckin system.

why the fuck would you let commerce fuckwits enrol first faggots.

so many fuckin clashes i think i have to take another elective
the commerce people are responsible for clogging up myUNSW with their huge numbers.
theyre a fucken horde.

Last edited:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
first year mech had that problem?

i certainly didnt.
Well somehow out of the combination of the MATH1231, MMAN1300, MMAN1130 and MATS1101 there was a severe clash somewhere in lectures or it was just me.
Oh well.
But then again I can't really help you with the MMAN1300 dynamics component.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
was wondering what happens if i can't enrol in my compulsory subject (ie.MATH1231) but can enrol in my elective + other compulsory subjects (CVEN, GMAT, MATS) ?

i emailed the lady at the first yr math office and shes like i gotta wait till results come out before i can enrol in a lecture stream that has no clashes.

still hasn't replied to my other 1 hr clash timetable tho.

if it all ends up being shit, what happens? because the logical thing would be to let me have my 1 hr clash and my tuts rather than forcing me tot ake another subject. although i don't like the idea of 'waiting it out' in case im unable to get into non-clashing tuts

Vylen

HSC
was wondering what happens if i can't enrol in my compulsory subject (ie.MATH1231) but can enrol in my elective + other compulsory subjects (CVEN, GMAT, MATS) ?

i emailed the lady at the first yr math office and shes like i gotta wait till results come out before i can enrol in a lecture stream that has no clashes.

still hasn't replied to my other 1 hr clash timetable tho.

if it all ends up being shit, what happens? because the logical thing would be to let me have my 1 hr clash and my tuts rather than forcing me tot ake another subject. although i don't like the idea of 'waiting it out' in case im unable to get into non-clashing tuts
just cause you can't do a subject next semester due to a clash doesnt mean you cant do it... ever...

do MATH1231 in 1st sem next year if you have to...

guides for subjects to do each semester only exist cause some courses may be prerequisites for other courses later in your degree... in short, do subjects whenever you want - just be weary that you may prolong your degree to a bit more than the prescribed length

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)