time to prepare... (1 Viewer)

dawma88

Dance jew dance!!!
HSC
N/A
hey can anyone tell me the best time to prepare for umat...i have got nearly all my material (umat preperation).....so when do i start and how did u guys manage to prepare for umat and the HSC (e.g. did UMAt stiif acuple hours a day???)
plz help

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
that's an odd question
It's logical to say that the more you study for something the better you'll know it
Start preparation as soon as possible
HSC doesn't require 10 hours of study everyday, and umat doesnt require heaps of study either. Just set aside some time each day to do some practice for umat, and as for the hsc, that's up to you.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Did you search the forum? I didn't, so I can't say if it would be succesful, but I CAN tell you that this question has been frequently asked. Start preparing when you feel comfortable, but be wary of "UMAT burnout" and don't get obsessive.

Last year I prepared for §III to improve my 62 percentile from 2003. I wanted to begin earlier, but because I couldn't get my hands on the materials I startedduring midsemester break (or just after uni for all you non-uni people). It worked well, earning me a rank of 99. I "studied" between 0.5 and 2.0 hours each night, just looking over the shape puzzles in bed before sleeping.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Did you search the forum? I didn't, so I can't say if it would be succesful, but I CAN tell you that this question has been frequently asked. Start preparing when you feel comfortable, but be wary of "UMAT burnout" and don't get obsessive.

Last year I prepared for §III to improve my 62 percentile from 2003. I wanted to begin earlier, but because I couldn't get my hands on the materials I startedduring midsemester break (or just after uni for all you non-uni people). It worked well, earning me a rank of 99. I "studied" between 0.5 and 2.0 hours each night, just looking over the shape puzzles in bed before sleeping.
hi lexi! i was just wondering how you got the material/where from/can i buy it off you?

:)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I actually borrowed the AMEPP stuff off inasero but if you PM him he'll probably be interested in selling.

7minute

HSC
Superkeeneye and Agoneyes have samples you can try. Superkeeneye has questions on the website and Agoneyes lets you download a free trial version. (Well, this was true last year when I did it.) It's good to spend some time each night practicing like Lexicographer said. But at the same time keep working on your HSC coz it'll influence your UAI which is worth as much as the UMAT in the end. And good assessment results means your school will give you a better UAI estimate which combined with your UMAT would be used in getting a Sept/Oct interview.

dawma88

Dance jew dance!!!
HSC
N/A
ok thanx....but i heard that ur umat is REALLy important because thats wat they use inorder to call up for an interview. or do they lloook at ur uai and ur umat the they call u for an interviw

btw, can any one tell me which uni will take students with pretty crudy umat scores (e.g. 160-170) but with high uai's

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
7minute said:
Superkeeneye and Agoneyes have samples you can try. Superkeeneye has questions on the website and Agoneyes lets you download a free trial version. (Well, this was true last year when I did it.) It's good to spend some time each night practicing like Lexicographer said. But at the same time keep working on your HSC coz it'll influence your UAI which is worth as much as the UMAT in the end. And good assessment results means your school will give you a better UAI estimate which combined with your UMAT would be used in getting a Sept/Oct interview.
yeah failed umat, failed hsc 04'

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
7minute said:
yeah failed umat, failed hsc 04'

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Can anyone tell me where I could grabe hold of the UMAT materials? Hence I could study it each night?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
dawma: if 'high UAI' means 99.9+ to you, welcome to Melbourne, Enter stream.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Before any more people PM me asking, I have NEVER purchased any UMAT materials. Hence I do not possess any that I could give to you.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
and if you want UMAT materials stop bothering lexi! Stop being tightasses and go out there and do a course. If you're realy that desperate to get into medicine then by all means dish up a few hundred dollars...

latania

HSC
this probably has been talked over and over again and maybe I just haven't visited the right threads :p so sorry if I ask the same questions as somebody else..but how hard exactly is it to get into Melbourne med and Monash med? in terms of its UAI (ENTER..etc) cut-offs and UMAT scores (as well as interviews for Monash)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)