Time management (1 Viewer)

chltmddus112

HSC
well for me i always struggle to study all my subjects evenly (even though i am only doing 10 units... sigh). I always end up just doing MX2 and english even though i sleep at 12 or 1. As a result, i am getting far behind in physics and business (especially physics). I was shocked when i failed physics class test on motors and generators... ( i usually come around 5th in physics..) and it was not really hard test.

Well i am glad that i still got around 40 days till my mini exams but i need to keep on doing maths and my english assessment is coming up soon. Does anyone else got same problem as me?? Some advice will be appreciated.
Thanks ~

HSC
MY MOTTO IS:
If you it has to get, then you might as well do it now.

Try and do subjects that you dislike- such as English- first. Because the subjects you dont like will never get done
Always aim to do @ least 1/2hr of work on your major project if you are doing one.
Do your assessments at least for a 1hr a day.
All you gotta do is just do all you study notes first for your upcoming exams.
Revise them
and then practice questions!
Its that simple
GOOD LUCK

chltmddus112

HSC
MY MOTTO IS:

Try and do subjects that you dislike- such as English- first. Because the subjects you dont like will never get done
Always aim to do @ least 1/2hr of work on your major project if you are doing one.
Revise them
Its that simple
GOOD LUCK
Thanks =D

LordPc

HSC
i think your problem is the time at which you start to do your homework/study.

if you are starting late, around 9pm, then you wont get enough done. you need to start early. I would try to do any english work before dinner, and depending on when exactly you eat dinner, you might even be able to finish 2 subjects before you go and eat.

then after dinner you can do some more work on one subject, perhaps alternate between MX2 and physics each night. but i think the main thing is starting to do some study 1 hour after coming home to just get it done.

chltmddus112

HSC
i think your problem is the time at which you start to do your homework/study.

if you are starting late, around 9pm, then you wont get enough done. you need to start early. I would try to do any english work before dinner, and depending on when exactly you eat dinner, you might even be able to finish 2 subjects before you go and eat.

then after dinner you can do some more work on one subject, perhaps alternate between MX2 and physics each night. but i think the main thing is starting to do some study 1 hour after coming home to just get it done.
I eat dinner from 5:30 ~ 6:30 , starting study at around 7 to 8, then 8:30 to 10 and then 10:30 ~ 11:30 and so on.

HSC
i have that problem.
i always give ext maths too much time & i never feel like im getting anywhere with it anyway.
& i do 12 units!!

joben

HSC
extension 1 maths? surely it cant take up that much time. maybe u should drop it - that would reduce the workload.

HSC
well for me..who may not be as smart as you, it takes up alot of time.

spoonbender

HSC
MY MOTTO IS:

Revise them
Its that simple
GOOD LUCK
Easier said than done. My homework alone usually takes me almost the whole day from the minute I get home. So much so, that the only way for me to complete my assessment tasks is to cut back on doing homework to allow me the necessary time. I'm actually a week behind in maths homework-wise from my English assessment. I rarely get any homework for two of my subjects, thank God cos that'd just kill me.

Maybe I'm just slow :\

LordPc

HSC
I eat dinner from 5:30 ~ 6:30 , starting study at around 7 to 8, then 8:30 to 10 and then 10:30 ~ 11:30 and so on.
oh ok, thats same as myself. well I think you need to do some study before dinner. pick the subject that has the least amount of work and do it before dinner. perhaps start at 4:30 and stop at dinner

but you are already studying 4 hours/night.

if you are listening in class (which means you are not having to learn content by yourself at home) then 4 hours should be enough.

but yea, try knocking off one subject before dinner, perhaps english or do some MX1 questions, to reduce the workload after dinner

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Hmmm by the sounds of it you are doing a lot of work at home for not much result (in your opinion but I think your ranks are good).
Maybe it's just coming down to studying effectively- doing past papers, living off your syllabus (making notes based on dot points) and constantly revising old topics (like doing some prelim questions in maths).

If you find yourself getting side tracked, take a break for a little while (have something to eat or go for a walk- avoid the computer or tv). Also work on a rewards system, say to yourself "ok if I get through this much work in 2 hours I can have a break- if I dont I need to keep working till I finish it, without the break"
I think that method works better than saying "I'll do 2 hours then rest" because I used to spend the last half hour or so just sitting there if you know what I mean.

Different things work for different people, try and see what study method suits you. Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)