• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

time management? (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Sadly, I feel that my time managements been cracked. I don't use timetables anymore (i don't know why), nor do i use a diary now...(dont know why also).There's so much stress. Doubt then exhileration...and vice versa...again....and again....it moves in a circle.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ chin up yoakim. breathe deep, sort everything out and start again :) still got 5months to go ;)

..Kels..

HSC
i find it so hard to manage everything life is thowing at me..
1. work
2. school
3. friends
4. family
5. sleep
i find that everything that matters to me is not getting any of my attention
how do i fix this????

HSC
..Kels.. said:
i find it so hard to manage everything life is thowing at me..
1. work
2. school
3. friends
4. family
5. sleep
i find that everything that matters to me is not getting any of my attention
how do i fix this????
Learn to say no. But only to 1, 3 and 4. Possibly 5 if you are nocturnal like me.

nicole21290

HSC
If anyone can find a solution to managing time efficiently that involves minimal effort, please let me know! I, for every lot of exams, try and make a timetable but it never works cos some stuff takes longer and others take less time and somehow I get so very distracted. I have a monthly diary thing so I can see a whole month at a time and just put all my assessments and tests on it. The rest I just remember and make sure it's done by the time it's due or needed by. In spare time I just read related texts and textbooks and do revision/study notes.

This is my advice and it is conveniently written in another language so no one can read it: Yewnkfjdn jkbncywruiof. Yep - my philosophy can be summed up by those delightful words.

PS - it means I have absolutely no damn idea about time management

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
nicole21290 said:
If anyone can find a solution to managing time efficiently that involves minimal effort, please let me know! I, for every lot of exams, try and make a timetable but it never works cos some stuff takes longer and others take less time and somehow I get so very distracted. I have a monthly diary thing so I can see a whole month at a time and just put all my assessments and tests on it. The rest I just remember and make sure it's done by the time it's due or needed by. In spare time I just read related texts and textbooks and do revision/study notes.
Haha, I've just given up on timetables and stuff. I study either when I feel motivated, feel I should, or absolutely need to. Seems to work okay. When I'm motivated I get a lot more done, anyway.

nicole21290

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Haha, I've just given up on timetables and stuff. I study either when I feel motivated, feel I should, or absolutely need to. Seems to work okay. When I'm motivated I get a lot more done, anyway.
Yeah - it's like with assignments I know the due date's in 2 weeks so I start researching but it takes me forever because I know it isn't due for ages. However, if I get up at 2am and only have 5 hours to complete it I find I work a lot more efficiently, suprisingly! And even then I still get distracted, hence being on this site *tries to work: unsuccessful*

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
nicole21290 said:
Yeah - it's like with assignments I know the due date's in 2 weeks so I start researching but it takes me forever because I know it isn't due for ages. However, if I get up at 2am and only have 5 hours to complete it I find I work a lot more efficiently, suprisingly! And even then I still get distracted, hence being on this site *tries to work: unsuccessful*
Yup. I'm feeling exactly like that with my Software Project. Hopefully future me will do some tonight, or tomorrow me will think of past me as absolutely useless.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nicole21290 said:
I don't tend to do research for most assessments at all :eek:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
lol, start? When's yours due?
I'm not sure. My mum decided to clean up the office today, so now I have no idea where anything is...

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
bringbackshred said:
I'm not sure. My mum decided to clean up the office today, so now I have no idea where anything is...
Nice.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for it either, in case you wanted me to undermine your confidence a little more. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)