Time For Reply (1 Viewer)

KfWang

i just wanted to ask everyone out there how soon did they get a reply for a job application after they put one in?
like i applied for coles and kmart online,,, so does anyone know when theyll give me an answer?

tnx

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by KfWang
i just wanted to ask everyone out there how soon did they get a reply for a job application after they put one in?
like i applied for coles and kmart online,,, so does anyone know when theyll give me an answer?

tnx
if they (colesmyer) don't get back to you in 2 months, ring them.

others - you may never get a reply.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i applied in december, u first get an instant email reply just confirming ur application, however my group interview was just last week, so i waited a while. i guess it just depends on the time u applied and when they're actually recruiting, and right now i think their recruiting for easter

santaslayer

HSC
i applied at myer online and hungry jackz, they gave me a confirmation email reply but never phoned me back for an interview.....this was right afta my hsc.....am i that unemployable?????//.......lol

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I got a call for an interview about 2 weeks after I placed my resume in at Woolworths in 2001.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
i applied at myer online and hungry jackz, they gave me a confirmation email reply but never phoned me back for an interview.....this was right afta my hsc.....am i that unemployable?????//.......lol
I realised applying online is not clever, sending emails directly to the employer is much more clever...

Coles Myer took about a month before they sent me an email asking for interview, which i failed

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Best time to go for Colesmyer is during the xmas recruitment (which I checked, starts in July), where they are less picky cos they have more places to fill, and the interviews are a lot more brief. It is a long process though, you apply in July and if you (finally) get accepted, it won't be until early October at the earliest you start. Also, go for Kmart, its a lot easier to get than Myer (and they tend to want older people) and its a lot of fun.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
how flexible did you make yourself? you have to put in as many hours as possible, if in holiday time like almost every day of the week. if you did, and put more than one location, and weren't picky, give them a ring. if you were picky, maybe apply again

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Oh and just adding to advice bout the colemyer xmas recruitment, when you get to the question 'are you available at any time of the day, 7 days a week' (or something along those lines) just put yes even if you can't. If you end up being emloyed you just work it out with your manager when you start.

MrA

lol, i know some guy who attended a group interview 2 months ago @ colesmyer and they still havent replied...

y do they reply so quickly for some and not for others? do they take longer to reply to ppl that have failed?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by MrA
y do they reply so quickly for some and not for others? do they take longer to reply to ppl that have failed?
i think so. i don't know, they should reply to everyone on the one day, not leave the failed people wondering. and 2 months is ridiculous

Originally posted by Ms 12
Oh and just adding to advice bout the colemyer xmas recruitment, when you get to the question 'are you available at any time of the day, 7 days a week' (or something along those lines) just put yes even if you can't. If you end up being emloyed you just work it out with your manager when you start.
yep, i repeat, if you are not flexible, they will chuck your name out. full stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)