time for 10 questions? (1 Viewer)

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
hey there, i just did my 2u trial today, and we were given 2.5hours for 10 questions. my whole class didn't end up reaching the last page or 2 coz we just ran out of time.
do u think 2.5 hours is fair for this amount? or should we have been given the 3 hours like in the real hsc

passion89

HSC
If it was in the exact same format as the HSC (ie: 12 marks for each question) then that isn't fair. However, the trial times usually vary for no reason at all lol

volition

arr.
HSC
You might already know this, but it won't actually matter that much because your rankings within the school are what internal assessments are important for anyway.

If you're worried about not being given enough of a real 'taste' of what the HSC exams are like, try and do a practice exam and give yourself 3 hours if that's what you're after.

ice ken

HSC
kangarulz said:
hey there, i just did my 2u trial today, and we were given 2.5hours for 10 questions. my whole class didn't end up reaching the last page or 2 coz we just ran out of time.
do u think 2.5 hours is fair for this amount? or should we have been given the 3 hours like in the real hsc
even i got 3 hrs wen i did my mid years which was last term week 7.

passion89

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Very good plan, but I would like to see question 5 finished before the 1st hour is up, then you've got over 2 hours to do the other 5 questions :)

Yup lol that's how I'm planning it

fishy89sg

HSC
lol thanks, i also did my year 11 yearly today

only 7 questions and it took me 1.5 hours wtf? lol

damn nerves :(

T

Testpilot

For those who are going to rush through the early questions don't forget that speed may lead to stupid mistakes. And a majority of the state will get good marks so you can't make stupid mastakes. Also the average marks for the last few questions decreases with difficulty so that by Q10 the average is about 1 0r 2 out of 10.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
kangarulz said:
I guess it really depends on the level of difficulty of the questions and how many sections there are for each question :p

T

Testpilot

fishy89sg said:
1-2/10? thats bad. you sure its that low on average?
From what i've been told, yes. Have a look at some past q10s.

michaeln36

HSC
the 2u math paper has heaps of spare time - working at a reasonable pace u can easily finish it all in 2-2.5 hours - then have time to check over any questions u were unsure about etc.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
michaeln36 said:
the 2u math paper has heaps of spare time - working at a reasonable pace u can easily finish it all in 2-2.5 hours - then have time to check over any questions u were unsure about etc.
most people would struggle to finish the whole paper in 3 hrs
sure you can do the first couple of questions in no time, but as you're near towards the end of the paper, time and exam pressure could be the deciding factor as to whether you can finish it or not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)