Tight People (1 Viewer)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I dont know whether or not this has been done in this thread recently but i was just remembering the really tight customers that i have had

people actually contest canned food which has a difference of 1-3 cents at the most. I had this one person do it to me when i was about to close up to go home. I was like you tight thing its like 2 cents live with the loss.

This other guy was funny. he came to the express checkout and the only thing that he had was a pack of condoms. He actually contested the price so i had to call grocery people and then he got it for free cos of scanning policy. what a tightwad. I know its principle but seriously why would you bother. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: everyone in the express section saw and we all had a good giggle afterwards so i guess it was worth it.

oh and we had this one guy who picked up a broken packet of something...i cant remember what. As if you wouldnt notice it. And our grocery guys are the biggest bludgers so it takes a year and a half for them to come to us and then another year and ahalf to get back. SO anyway it was taking the 3 years for them to do what i wanted and i go to the man can you get it.its like 5 steps away. (i didnt say that) and he just stares at me and goes 'it not my problem'
i was like of course its your problem you have to wait and you are holding up the line.

thats my 2 cents worth..... anyother people had the same thing.
ANY other people

Collin

HSC
N/A
Tight customer: Attempted shoplifting, caught redhanded, then proceeded to deny doing it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm actually too loose with my cash... i think i give it out a bit too much, people might think i'm not a jerk... then how can i pick up chicks?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Katie123 said:
Ioh and we had this one guy who picked up a broken packet of something...i cant remember what. As if you wouldnt notice it. And our grocery guys are the biggest bludgers so it takes a year and a half for them to come to us and then another year and ahalf to get back. SO anyway it was taking the 3 years for them to do what i wanted and i go to the man can you get it.its like 5 steps away. (i didnt say that) and he just stares at me and goes 'it not my problem'
i was like of course its your problem you have to wait and you are holding up the line.
lol

as for this, couldn't you go on with the other people? like it's his problem if he doesn't want to go and get the stuff (yes it's the shop's problem but since they weren't doing anything it's unfair to keep other customers waiting), so keep his sale aside, do the rest of the people and leave him waiting. i am not wondering why you didn't do this or anthing on those lines, but are you allowed to do this or do you have to wait with the customer?

LOLOL at the post below mine!

Last edited:

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I work in a deli, I had this lady ask for three olives, one slice of mild salami and one slice of hot salami. It was about $1.60 total. I just wondered, what the fuck is she gonna do with 3 olives and 2 pieces of salami???! That wouldn't even be enough to feed an Eithiopian child. So yeah that just seems really tight buying so little.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
iambored said:
lol

as for this, couldn't you go on with the other people? like it's his problem if he doesn't want to go and get the stuff (yes it's the shop's problem but since they weren't doing anything it's unfair to keep other customers waiting), so keep his sale aside, do the rest of the people and leave him waiting. i am not wondering why you didn't do this or anthing on those lines, but are you allowed to do this or do you have to wait with the customer?

LOLOL at the post below mine!
you can do it but you have to save the transaction and it can only be recalled by a supervisor with a key which seem to often be scarce when you need them

Generator

HSC
N/A
Why just let it slide? As you said, it's a matter of principle, and if you have the time to contest the price then why not do so? It isn't that person's fault that the other customers may be short on time, and as you are paid by the hour there is no real point in being annoyed at such an act.

Edit: It is annoying (I work in a supermarket, but luckily I just can just say 'ah, go to the deli counter and ask for a manager, please'), but it's hardly worth the worry.

Last edited:

superbird

HSC
people who sneak into cinemas with the excuses:
"oh im looking for a friend"
"i threw away my ticket"

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
At the bank, when people were closing accounts they would request bank cheques for balances of $2. The bank cheque was costing the bank $7. Morons.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
lol...i work @ cinemas and people ALWAYS complain...our prices are $8 for an adult...and $7 for children under 12...(which is ALREADY heaps cheap)
ppl bring their kids in, and complain they have to pay that EXTRA DOLLAR, bcos their kid is already 12..pfff...
once a guy came in and brought something worth $9.95...gave me a $10 note, and said "keep the change love"..i like "gee thanx =S"

superbird

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
lol...i work @ cinemas and people ALWAYS complain...our prices are $8 for an adult...and $7 for children under 12...(which is ALREADY heaps cheap)
ppl bring their kids in, and complain they have to pay that EXTRA DOLLAR, bcos their kid is already 12..pfff...
once a guy came in and brought something worth $9.95...gave me a $10 note, and said "keep the change love"..i like "gee thanx =S"
LOL same here where i work! hav u noticed that nearly everybody has a concession card these days heh

Collin

HSC
N/A
sped_kid01 said:
WOAHHhhhhhhh mate, 5 cents, I wish someone would tip me like that! :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I do things like that when I'm in a rush, and cant be bothered waiting. ;)

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
superbird: yeah, well, we dont do concession cards either, bcos our tickets are already the price of concession, ppl get sooo cut when they cant use it, even tho they're already getting it cheap...so old women have a good old bitch about how they're getting ripped when, when really, they have no idea

peteski01

Enlarged Member
HSC
N/A
one time this guy couldn't believe the price for a tomato and 'insisted' he come to my side of the counter to weigh it himself.. what a douche

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Back when I worked in a fruit shop, I had a woman come back with a quarter of a pumpkin (she'd purchased a whole one earlier in the week) and demanded that I give her a refund on the part she didn't use in her soup. "I bought too much for the recipe" then she shoved the shoddily hacked pumpkin across the counter. "You can't return vegetables"
"But I didn't use that bit! I want a refund on this!"

Some people are just so f*cking stupid and stingy!

After about 10 minutes of arguing and me almost in tears ('cause she was so evil) she stormed out claiming she'd never come back again. Good riddence. Bitch.

Thus, why I hate Fruit and Vege customers. They're rude, bitchy, stingy, they do peculiar things to the fruit, then demand discounts. F*ck the lot of 'em. :rolleyes:

= Jennifer =

HSC
i remember once we had this customer at kmart wanted a pair of shoes for 5 cents instead of the 10 cents which was originally charged for the shoes :rolleyes:

superbird

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
i remember once we had this customer at kmart wanted a pair of shoes for 5 cents instead of the 10 cents which was originally charged for the shoes :rolleyes:
serious? lol. i didnt know they sold 10 cent shoes tho :/

HSC
A few tightarses whinge about the price of drinks ($5/$6 mainly). If its busy and they continue to be tightarses they get the simple 'fuck off' and their drinks taken away... No sexism meant, but it is primarily younger females (18-25) that are the said 'tightarses'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)