throwim way leg/the golden age (1 Viewer)

teigamurray

HSC
Hey! I'm doing Throwim Way Leg and The Golden Age too! If anyone would like to share notes or even ideas please email me at teiga_m@hotmail .. as im sure the two texts are driving you insane as well!! Why couldn't our teachers pick a text that was written in english?? I've read The Golden Age twice and without looking at the glossary every 5 secs i have no idea whats goin on!

Adross

HSC
These should help.
(Click printable version for a printable...version). If you think they're decent, please share them.

S

sparklingsylph

dont stress people- my teacher gave me a sample essay that she said would have gotten full marks, it wasnt even two pages long (typed). just get a couple of relevant points from each text (4-5), link them with context and the other text and away you go.

Randomandy

HSC
Would you mind sharing that essay, Sylph?
I've got a speech coming up which is very important (compared to the written English section of the half yearly, which was worth barely anything) and I just hate the question. I haven't even started writing it yet, and my speech is due in three days. Any help would be appreciated.

The question is: "Composers in this elective communicate the vision that, regardless of the progress that has been made in civilisation, contact with the natural world is vital for humanity." It's used for both BNW/Blade Runner and Throwim Way Leg/The Golden Age, but it's probably suited more for BNW/BR, as we're the only class in our school doing TWL/TGA.

Any thoughts on how to answer it? The only 'vital' points of contact with the natural world I can think of are that the natural world helps us see ourselves from a different perspective, and perhaps allows us to see our barbaric ways, in comparison to the behaviour of the natural world which we consider barbaric. Perhaps it also allows us to truly be ourselves, and not need to conform to any societal behaviour or opinion.

To me, the question seems pretty silly, but maybe you guys can provide some feedback. Any other notes/essays on TWL/TGA that haven't been linked to would be great - there isn't much on the resources page.

sophie_dybs

Elite!
HSC
i dont find this module too bad... my teacher gave us some things we had to complete such as loking up definitions of primitive, civilization and wilderness and then making our own up in accordance to the book... that helped me understand what the topic was about... we also had to get a quote for each similarity and difference from each text... also think about what wilderness the composer is talking about, is it known, unknown etc...
(this modules crap)

TheMatrixHasU

HSC
im Desperate
If Anyone Has Any Sort Of Essays, Speeches Or Any Other Texts Written About The Golden Age And Throwing Way Leg Pls Send Them To Me, I Have A Test On Monday And This Is Urgent, There Is No Info On These Texts On The Net And I Havnt Even Cracked The Covers, I Dunno The Characters Names 4 Crying Out Loud. Pls Send Me. If Anyone Can Help Me That Would Be Amazing Pls Get Back At Me As Soon As U Can.
Thank U...... Ur My Last Resourse.......

Princess Freya

HSC
Hey its my first post!
Anyway I hate doing Throwim Way Leg and The Golden Age there is like no hellp out there. We're only doing it cause so few people do it at all. I need help trying to uns\derstand them both and then link them. I wish we were doing something easier:wave: but hi to everyone anyway

wizardology

HSC
Hey, this is also my first post, and I'd just like to agree with everyone, Throwim way leg and the golden age are the worst topics ever. There is no real support for it out there, unlike Clueless and Emma.

Having a stoner for a teacher dosen't help much either.

For the assessment task I put in about 10 quotes, justified them all, and related the texts with them but I still got a really bad mark. These texts are going to be hell whan the trials come around, and I need all the help I can get. If fact, I think everyone does.

jtran

HSC
Hello peoples,

OK, i tried to get a head start & find notes & stuff for TWL & TGA- but there's nothing besides the txts themselves!

Since this thread hasn't had a recent post yet; actually i dont think any have been made this year, i decided to add to it & hopefully the rare population that is studying these txts this year will contribute & share any resources available.

Well, thats all i hafta say, i noe ill b comin back to this thread, i wud definitely need help some time later.:rolleyes:

VirgCap86

HSC
Hey I 'm doing those texts as well !LOLz soooooo annoying I mean seriously why cant we do something more common? Are doing Huck. Finn as well? well if u have any notes could u plz post 'em? I t would be really nice of you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)