Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

colleenb123

HSC
Personally I thought it was easy...and I was expecting young offenders! :)

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
So happy with the first 35 marks, knew the crime essay would be young offenders but I didn't really predict the angle of the question. Family and Consumer essays were really hard I thought. Predicting 19+13+13+21+18= 84 raw. Should be happy with that I guess, could even be 90 or 91 aligned if the aligning is similar to last year. I expect it will align better though, the scope of those options essays was nasty imo.

screammoo

HSC
Personally I thought it was easy...and I was expecting young offenders! :)
i was happy that it was young offenders, but for section 3 family and shelter i have no idea what to say. There's nothing big for the topic birth technologies and surrogacy :dog:

chiefpasco

HSC
although coming into the exam i was aiming to state rank, because in between trials and today i was getting 95+ raws on past papers and hadn't dropped a single MCQ all year.

oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IDFWU

HSC
everyones reaction to the crime essay was priceless haha! Mult choice + HR easy, I honestly was not expecting surrogacy for family and the questions were soo similar to last years dispute resolution... shelter (social housing) was a joke but overall paper was okay and straight forward!

chiefpasco

HSC
I was very surprised with how poorly I went in MCQ. Went in expecting 20/20, came out expecting 18/20, instead it appears 16/20. Ironic that I got better marks in MCQ for business and I winged that shit all year lol.

Q1: D - EU is an IGO
Q2: B - Committal hearings establish if there is enough evidence to proceed to a higher court
Q3: C - Remand is where the person is held in custody before Trial
Q4: B - Since the original decision was made in Local Court, an appeal would go to District Court
Q5: D - First tricky question, the UDHR is not a treaty. Thus, the answer is D.
Q6: B - Diversionary programs are aimed at reducing recidivism
Q7: A - ICC handles cases of Crimes Against Humanity
Q8: C - The judge applied judicial discretion to not record the conviction
Q9: B - Self determination is such a popular question now...
Q10: C - This is an example of insider trading (economic offence)
Q11: B - The other options do not describe this scenario
Q12: B - It needs to be a Strict Liability Offence, and speeding is the only option that suits this
Q13: A - Governments are not obliged to abide by international standards, they can withdraw due to state sovereignty
Q14: A - Searches of property require a warrant (the crime does not qualify for a covert search, and the other answers do not make sense)
Q15: C - Provocation is the only partial defence listed
Q16: C - Separation of powers dictates that the judiciary be separate from the legislature
Q17: D - D is the most appropriate answer (see Dietrich v Queen (1992)). Best to apply process of elimination in this question.
Q18: A - This is a post sentencing consideration; non-Australian citizens can be deported in certain circumstances. This was a tricky one; very specific.
Q19: D - This is a very tough one. This refers to guideline judgements, which are actually handled by the NSW Sentencing Council (applied for by the Attorney General to the NSW Court of Criminal Appeal) to add some structure to judicial discretion. They are NOT set by the DPP, and they are NOT set by the NSW LRC. The most appropriate answer here is D.
Q20: A - Another good one for process of elimination. The prosecution can always cross-examine, and the accused has every right to raise the evidence. The jury does not take a proactive role in the Adversarial System, so A is likely to be the correct answer.

IDFWU

HSC
last page of mc was fricken weird. thought there were too many A's circled on my sheet so i changed like 2 answers LOl.. nothing can get more idiotic than that

Last edited:

chiefpasco

HSC
last page of mc was fricken weird. thought there were too many A's circled on my sheet so i changed like 2 answers LOl.. nothing can get more idiotic than that
Im waiting for the day they make them all D or any other single set of A, B or C and just how many freak out.

IDFWU

HSC
Im waiting for the day they make them all D or any other single set of A, B or C and just how many freak out.
wouldnt be surprised if BOSTES did that, they are known for their wicked antics :newburn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)