Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

dragon4lyf

HSC
What did you guys write for this sports med question:
(a) How are skill and physical tests used to indicate an athlete's readiness to return to play after injury?
I spoke about parts of the "return to play" part of the syllabus such as indicators of readiness, specific warm up procedures and psychological readiness and also I spoke about physical preparation like skill and technique and physical fitness

DJ696

HSC
Exam was pretty good overall.

Multiple choice had some tricky questions. Smashed the short and long answers, hoping for a excellent mark :D

Chubbeh

HSC
What did you guys write for this sports med question:
(a) How are skill and physical tests used to indicate an athlete's readiness to return to play after injury?
I wrote mainly about 'Indicators of Readiness of Return to Play' (i.e. pain-free, full mobility, able to balance on injury if applicable) and 'Monitoring Progress', so comparing post-injury results of skill-related components to pre-injury, determining the difference and focus areas to which the athlete must improve to return to play in optimal form.

siroinkalot

HSC
I think I stuffed up the Health of Young people option (b) 12 marker
29. (b) How are young people's priorities and values influenced by aspects of their development?

I wrote about influence of peers/family, prevailing youth cultures, global events and trends, and the influence of technology.
But apparently it's about revising roles within relationships, clarifying self-identity and self-worth etc.

What did you guys write about?
did the same mistake as you :(

cahmeen

HSC
N/A
I wrote mainly about 'Indicators of Readiness of Return to Play' (i.e. pain-free, full mobility, able to balance on injury if applicable) and 'Monitoring Progress', so comparing post-injury results of skill-related components to pre-injury, determining the difference and focus areas to which the athlete must improve to return to play in optimal form.
Yay! I did as well, hopefully we get the marks for it :) good luck for the rest of your exams

fishrushed

HSC
did you have to talk about convection, conduction, radition, evaporation... i just said how you acclimatising and fluid intake help you to maintain a stable internal temp etc..
I did. Pretty sure you have to because they mentioned temperature regulation mechanisms.

Jessicaz2910

HSC
anyone remember what the question was for the short answer one on stroke volume/cardiac output and aerobic perf?

Last edited:

kellie_1996

HSC
I did. Pretty sure you have to because they mentioned temperature regulation mechanisms.
I mentioned it, but I wasn't able to link it very well because I felt (I could be wrong) but acclimatisation/fluid intake only assist in evaporation. They don't really have much of on impact on convection, etc..? I said that acclimatisation stimulates physiological adaptations (such as a lower core temp onset of sweating). So whilst I mentioned in the intro about the 4 different types of heat loss, I struggled to link it back to acclimatisation/fluid.. This was difficult

dragon4lyf

HSC
I mentioned it, but I wasn't able to link it very well because I felt (I could be wrong) but acclimatisation/fluid intake only assist in evaporation. They don't really have much of on impact on convection, etc..? I said that acclimatisation stimulates physiological adaptations (such as a lower core temp onset of sweating). So whilst I mentioned in the intro about the 4 different types of heat loss, I struggled to link it back to acclimatisation/fluid.. This was difficult
That was 100% same as me. I mentioned them at the beginning. But then spoke mainly about acclimitisation and fluid intake and their effects. But I always linked it to the general term "temperature regulation mechanisms"

Last edited:

fishrushed

HSC
I think you could link acclimatisation a little bit to convection (acclimatise to cold water and wind e.g. in triathlon, swimming).But then again, you couldn't link this much to fluid intake.
But yeah, it felt like a cruel question...

fishrushed

HSC
anyone remember what the question was for the short answer one on stroke volume/cardiac output and aerobic perf?
I think it was something like
What are the effects of stroke volume and cardiac output on aerobic performance?

Chubbeh

HSC
Yay! I did as well, hopefully we get the marks for it :) good luck for the rest of your exams
I hope so too! Haha thanks and good luck to you too. :)

The temperature regulation one... on the same boat as you guys. Mentioned convection, radiation, conduction, evaporation, but wasn't quite sure on how to link it or provide examples. Mentioned training in a desert for heat/humid conditions and that's about it... LOL.

Jessicaz2910

HSC
I think it was something like
What are the effects of stroke volume and cardiac output on aerobic performance?
cool thanks, I thought it was worded so weirdly? how did you guys answer it cos I did how increased SV and increased CO improves aerobic performance by provision of sufficient oxygen with less strain on heart... but someone else in my class did aerobic performance on SV and how they increase at sub max and CO at maximal

fishrushed

HSC
cool thanks, I thought it was worded so weirdly? how did you guys answer it cos I did how increased SV and increased CO improves aerobic performance by provision of sufficient oxygen with less strain on heart... but someone else in my class did aerobic performance on SV and how they increase at sub max and CO at maximal
I think that is pretty much how you answer it, like how you SV and CO benefits performance due to more blood which means more oxygen and nutrients.
And yeah it was worded a bit differently, cos normally we see something like what are the effects of aerobic training on SV and CO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)