Thoughts on UNSW open day? (1 Viewer)

Living Moment

HSC
Sorry to say but UNSW Smashed USYD!!!

-The facility were amazing, seats and fold up tables were super combatable appose to wooden planks used as tables and chairs like in UYSD
-The atmosphere was hectic people were actually smiling even though the weather was a bastard, which was even worse if you were a “pretty girl”
-The lectures actually answered your Q. appose to asking you to make an appointment =/ and actually stayed back to answer private Q. unlike USYD
-Library was incredible didn't even have time to see the whole thing

One Disadvantage: You had to spend an extra 20 to 30 min getting to UNSW appose to USYD plus the buses were packed, Overall good day :D

Memento-mori

HSC
Oh I agree. Unsw open day>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Usyd's open day

I had a fantastic time, even though I'm not a science/ mathematics person, I became so interested in the engineering/ science projects. It was as if every faculty were so proud of what they have achieved and going to achieve, and decided to give everyone at Open Day a taste of it. And I really liked that sense of optimism. It was very well catered, I was never lost, people were overall friendly, lots of student helpers, etc. I went to the Philosphy talk, and was happy that the professor answered my question :) I didn't go to any lectures at Usyd... was planning on Design Computing but I already made up my mind about the university. Everyone around me seemed to be having a good time, I was cuing for some blue fairy floss, lovely commerce student had a conversation with me... I was sad to leave, i had a great time.

About travel... it would probably take me around the same time to get to UNSW than it would take to get to Broadway. But I think travel time is eventually something most people would get over.

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
it's Fantastic !!!!! engineering everywhere !! Lot of free BBQ !! Also i shaked hand with those engineering lecturers and said " see you next year!", that was a really awesome feeling !!!!!!!

Beaconite

Banned
HSC
it's Fantastic !!!!! engineering everywhere !! Lot of free BBQ !! Also i shaked hand with those engineering lecturers and said " see you next year!", that was a really awesome feeling !!!!!!!
Soz, but that's what nerds do :p

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Did anyone have the liquid nitrogen ice cream? :p

starshine02

HSC
Omg yes I must agree - wayyyyy better than Usyd. Reasons:
-People were so much nicer and friendlier
-Lots of free stuff
-Seminars were actually informative
-Some seminar rooms were extremely comfortable
-Tours were actually interesting and not entirely about the history or whatever
-Didn't have to wait a long time for a bus
-Majority of events were interesting (I'm not an engineering person but even I was pretty impressed by their displays)

Only bad point was the weather but then again noone can control that right? I should've actually worn jeans or something :(

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Parvee you didn't meet me under the tree

Kudos to UNSW For a fantastic open day I especially loved the buildings

simskee

Demon
HSC
I thought it was great! the stairs were like a leg workout for me :)

Last edited:

onedaysnotice

HSC
Absolutely loved the open day. The facilities were amazing and the atmosphere was so chill and happy. I met up with lots of old friends and made some new :D Overall an exceptional open day, but I can't compare with others since this was the only one I'm going to go to.

I wonder if any of us met each other without even knowing it aha.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Absolutely loved the open day. The facilities were amazing and the atmosphere was so chill and happy. I met up with lots of old friends and made some new :D Overall an exceptional open day, but I can't compare with others since this was the only one I'm going to go to.

I wonder if any of us met each other without even knowing it aha.
I was the person in a white and grey stripe jumper (thin) and black jeans.

I wondered up and down for 1 hour.

onedaysnotice

HSC
I was the person in a white and grey stripe jumper (thin) and black jeans.

I wondered up and down for 1 hour.
Hmm can't seem to recall seeing anyone of that description :S Maybe you saw me? I was the guy with the dark grey jacket that had standing collars, a light grey t-shirt, and blue jeans. By a little past noon, my hair was a mess because of the wind xD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)