Thoughts on these related texts for belonging? (1 Viewer)

realmadridismo

HSC
Hey guys, I'm in year 12 next term and my prescribed text is Romulus, my Father. I was wondering what you thought of my related text ideas? Do you think they're too overused or tacky?
Book: The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald (I was thinking of exploring the idea that Gatsby belonged to his past and his idea of Daisy)
Movie: Requiem for a Dream (exploring the mother's notion of belonging in television, her taking of diet pills to "belong" with her friends and her belonging to Harry's father - her story is just so interesting to me)
Do you guys think that these will be good to explore? I'm aiming for a top band 5. English is my worst subject :/
Also - do you have any suggestions on what to look out for when reading Romulus my father?

redsxzz

HSC
N/A
In vein to this, we are analyzing Strictly Ballroom for AOS and I was wondering can I use the poetry of Peter Skyryznecki as a related? His poetry of course being another prescribed option.

leesh95

HSC
Great Gatsby is already a prescribed text. It is a bad idea to use a prescribed text as a related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)