Thoughts on love & relationships (a close-to-19-year-old guy drowning) (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
abs - i didn't come because then i'd have 2 hrs with nothing after a 9am tute. sleep beckoned.
meh you didnt miss anything anyway. except sex. dickhead.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
meh you didnt miss anything anyway. except sex. dickhead.
hahaha the tutor came up to me yesterday outside uni and goes "hi". My mate thought he was a crazy person because he was wearing a chick's hat and looked retarded. He was ready to hit him if he grabbed our shit.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
overthaedge said:
hi.
i love you.
so much that after reading that... my love for you decreased slightly.
although... ben glass HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA.
omg shes female stas. sex her!

overthaedge

HSC
hi.
i love you.
so much that after reading that... my love for you decreased slightly.
although... ben glass HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
abs - i didn't come because then i'd have 2 hrs with nothing after a 9am tute. sleep beckoned.
wiki - that was oarsome. i love you. u make me laff
everyone- no, i'm not depressed, i was just thinking
beccaXXL - i thought u left. i hate people who don't keep their word. when they're dull and obnoxious it makes it worse. and i do go out a lot. not with bosers. with men to bukkake parlors.
im neither dull and obnoxious nor xxl. however, if u find the need to try and b funny, or maybe its just a dull and obnoxious statement, im not sure, then go ahead.

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
I feel so bizarre. I think it's my lack of attachment or relationship for a while. Shit, it's been like a year. I really want that comes prepackaged in a relationship called hugging. Maybe kissing. Well secksy-time too I guess. But just this mutual adoration. Holding each other's hands as we stare into each other's eyes. Lost in time. Not space (that lost in space movie sucked more than I like to suck emo boys. Joking. note to emo-kids: being gay isn't hip).
I don't know. It's such an empty, hollow feeling. The kind that no nipple tweaking or black man's penis can fill the void of.
Maybe I'm caving in from assessment stress. From expectation-related stress. From turning 19 soon stress. From lack of sex stress.
Another thing, why have my confidence levels dropped to subordinate levels. I never used to be shy around girls. I'd oft make a move. But now (now not as in this instant, but recently-now) even with half a bottle of vodka obstructing my vision and dampening my standards, I'm too shy to make a move on a girl who is dancing around me and edging closer to me at a club.
As selfish as I sound, I'm really glad a good mate of mine - Ben Glass, doesn't currently have a girlfriend. As soon as he gets one, if I don't have one...well I don't know how I'll behave. We're on the same level. He's a really good looking guy who hasn't been with a girl longer than me. He also suffers from lack of the same things. He kind of keeps me sane at the moment as he'd always come out with me and get wasted. Make the same immature childish jokes that I love. Catch a cab home with me as we live close.
But then on the other side of the playing field, I'm scared. Oh so very scared of having a girlfriend. Because I know I want commitment. And I'm practically 19. My mum had me at 19. What if this relationship is my last. What the hell happens then? I don't think I could handle that. Even if I'm really happy.
Oh how I wish it were easy. How I wish I didn't think about everything this much. Maybe I even wish I was too wasted to care.
But this is such a wierd kind of period for a guy. I don't care about getting laid (well, unless I'm drunk). i actually want something deep (like a man's anus, but not really).
I often am left wondering if I will find a girl i like again. I haven't felt this connection for so long (well only once- with Catherine). However, I just haven't felt anything towards any girls I've met for ages. Actually I find one girl kinda cute (personality-wise), she's funny, great, everything. But let's remember that I have the disease known as 'shallow fuck' - she's pretty average looking. Not bad, but not hot. For me, that unfortunatelly isn't enough to be attracted to a girl. Hell, maybe the reason I'm mentally attracted to her is for lack of finding something better.
I wish more girls were like guys. I connect with heaps of guys. Coin them with terms such as 'legend', 'funny', 'i love you, man' and the such. Yet, with girls this is far more limited. 'Too stupid' 'too blonde' 'too retarded' 'too ugly' 'too annoying' springs to mind as part of my short-list of adjectives.
Hmmm... i guess this sums up my plethora of thought.
i <3 you ^^;

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I think that sometimes, but I'm on a different scale cuz I'm with someone, and I often freak cuz it might be my last, and I don't like the idea of it cuz there is so much more shit to do, not as in sex wise, but more to learn about people in general... everytime you meet someone, and actually make a connection, you learn something, subconsciously even.

Anyway, going back to you, there isn't really advice I can give you. Just go with it. Whatever comes you way

Why fear something that hasn't even begun yet.

^^^I say that to myself all the time.

As for longing for someone, maybe you need to talk to individual people more... talk to that chick or whoever and talk about this stuff, or something as "deep" as this. They won't judge you. Girls LOVE that shit. They LOVE getting opened up to, they feel priviliged. I'm aware of this and I still buckle at any guy that gets deep and meaningful with me. I know guys don't often do it. And if the girl don't like it, its an easy retreat, say you trusted them and throw a good guilt trip.

I don't particularly think you have any social problems either, nothing too mainstream emo, I mean, i've seen 19 year old boys have a huge quarter life crisis at me and this seems tame to me.

Seriously, chill, like the cool and calm guy you are and go with the flow of things

You've got so much time to filter out the crap girls, or even play around with them before you realise what kind of a girl is best for you.

You won't be the last person to love/like/have a connection with Catherine and she wont be the last to love you, I mean, fuck, you know yourself this amazing girl is out there. Just not the time, you know?

And if you do meet her "too early" and its the end of all your relationships, well, if youre actually thinking that sort of shit during that relationship for an extended period of time, then i guarantee it WONT be your last.

Traditionally speaking, YOU will be the one to pop the question of whether its going to be your last relationship, so when it DOES happen, you would've done a lot of thinking

hence, don't worry.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
I feel so bizarre. I think it's my lack of attachment or relationship for a while. Shit, it's been like a year. I really want that comes prepackaged in a relationship called hugging. Maybe kissing. Well secksy-time too I guess. But just this mutual adoration. Holding each other's hands as we stare into each other's eyes. Lost in time. Not space (that lost in space movie sucked more than I like to suck emo boys. Joking. note to emo-kids: being gay isn't hip).
I don't know. It's such an empty, hollow feeling. The kind that no nipple tweaking or black man's penis can fill the void of.
Maybe I'm caving in from assessment stress. From expectation-related stress. From turning 19 soon stress. From lack of sex stress.
Another thing, why have my confidence levels dropped to subordinate levels. I never used to be shy around girls. I'd oft make a move. But now (now not as in this instant, but recently-now) even with half a bottle of vodka obstructing my vision and dampening my standards, I'm too shy to make a move on a girl who is dancing around me and edging closer to me at a club.
As selfish as I sound, I'm really glad a good mate of mine - Ben Glass, doesn't currently have a girlfriend. As soon as he gets one, if I don't have one...well I don't know how I'll behave. We're on the same level. He's a really good looking guy who hasn't been with a girl longer than me. He also suffers from lack of the same things. He kind of keeps me sane at the moment as he'd always come out with me and get wasted. Make the same immature childish jokes that I love. Catch a cab home with me as we live close.
But then on the other side of the playing field, I'm scared. Oh so very scared of having a girlfriend. Because I know I want commitment. And I'm practically 19. My mum had me at 19. What if this relationship is my last. What the hell happens then? I don't think I could handle that. Even if I'm really happy.
Oh how I wish it were easy. How I wish I didn't think about everything this much. Maybe I even wish I was too wasted to care.
But this is such a wierd kind of period for a guy. I don't care about getting laid (well, unless I'm drunk). i actually want something deep (like a man's anus, but not really).
I often am left wondering if I will find a girl i like again. I haven't felt this connection for so long (well only once- with Catherine). However, I just haven't felt anything towards any girls I've met for ages. Actually I find one girl kinda cute (personality-wise), she's funny, great, everything. But let's remember that I have the disease known as 'shallow fuck' - she's pretty average looking. Not bad, but not hot. For me, that unfortunatelly isn't enough to be attracted to a girl. Hell, maybe the reason I'm mentally attracted to her is for lack of finding something better.
I wish more girls were like guys. I connect with heaps of guys. Coin them with terms such as 'legend', 'funny', 'i love you, man' and the such. Yet, with girls this is far more limited. 'Too stupid' 'too blonde' 'too retarded' 'too ugly' 'too annoying' springs to mind as part of my short-list of adjectives.
OMG! Stas! I feel exactly the same way! Let make out.

PS. I WAS being serious... well except the make out part. All I can say is chill. Take your time and don't rush things. You'll know when you're ready.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
If the girl's cute, has a great personality, and makes you feel comfortable, rejecting her based on the fact that she's not drop-dead-gorgeous makes you undeserving of any relationships at all.

Sure, she can't be so unattractive that you can't stand looking at her, but if she is, as you say "cute", I assume this means she's not bad. Someone like her would grow on you, and eventually you'll find her gorgeous when her personlity shines through. Maybe you just haven't learnt how to appreciate girls by something other than their breasts or ass.

It's not strange to want commitment. Hell, just because every second young person wants nothing but to fuck around with 5748365782543 sex buddies doesn't mean wanting a serious long-lasting relationship is abnormal. You just have to realise that exterior beauty wears off, but inner beauty lasts.

You might be impatient, depressed, etc etc now, but the harder you look the less likely you'll find someone who's right for you. You're older than me but I've been through that kind of crap too. Just live through it, you'll be fine. It's inevitable that you'll meet someone great. You're still young, for God's sake. :)
Dreamy it's not that. I think what Stas means is that even if she were drop dead gorgeous he just doesn't feel much about it. Sure she's hot but it's him that's the problem. You aren't listening to what Stas is saying. What he means is that he feels like he wants to be in a relationship, he feels alone, and as long as the girl is reasonable he doesn't care. It's just that for some reason unknown to him he's suddenly shy around them and doesn't know why.

kaylz

HSC
Que cera cera, I say. It's tough in the meantime, waiting for something to happen. But as George Michael famously said, "...want someone to hold me but I wait for something more..." I'm in the exactly same situation. It's very rare that I actually find myself attracted to someone in a way that could see it last more than a week, but when the possibility is there I freak out. I want commitment, but I'm so young. I don't want to meet "the one" now. I've only ever had a serious relationship with one guy and now we live in different countries... I'm seeing him again at the end of the year and I'm terrified of the possibility that it things aren't the way I remember them being, but even moreso that it could be the real thing. It's messy. I really wish I could clone myself.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
stazi said:
Post this on 4chan, they'll know what to do!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Dreamerish's posts usd to be lol.

Also, old threads by stas are pretty hilarious (read one last queer - as he would call it ). :shy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)