Thoughts on BHS /DR @ USYD (1 Viewer)

namuyeol

HSC
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if it's hard picking up B Health Sciences @ USyd and transferring after completing first year to B Applied Sci (DR)??
I have mixed feelings, no idea what I want to do tbh... or am I better off doing B Nursing @UTS/USYD?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
There is no B Nursing at USyd; you will be required to complete a standalone undergraduate degree to be eligible for M Nursing at USyd OR maintain satisfactory marks in the combined Nursing degree at USyd.

Urrh, I've heard stories that it was quite easy. USyd will use half your ATAR and WAM/GPA to assess your transfer to Diagnostic Radiography. Or if you have a lower WAM in comparison to your ATAR then they will consider your ATAR only. All the Best ~ :D

Best you do some research on job opportunities after graduation and on the field itself. :)

namuyeol

HSC
Yeah, sorry what I meant was BHS/M Nursing..

What happens if my ATAR sucks balls, does that mean I'll need to achieve a higher WAM/GPA? Do you know what the standard/average GPA is needed to be successfully transferred?

I hear from people that B Nusing @ UTS has good placements, but I'm not too sure if i'll enjoy nursing so yeah..

Anyways, THANKS HEAPS~
Research wise, a lot of people say it's repetitive and something along the lines of OT/EP being better in terms of jobs after grad?

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Depends on your ATAR but a high credit to distinction average should make you competitive enough. You can attend Info Day which is coming up soon and get some relative insight.

Airstrike

HSC
Correction now, there is B of Nursing (advanced) - new degree as of 2014

I heard nursing is better at UTS in terms of facilities and placements
but I'm from USYD, so i obviously would recommend USYD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)