Thoughts : CSSA ANCIENT HISTORY (1 Viewer)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I got brutally raped by this paper.

Everything was hard. Everything.

And Pompeii? That source with the Statue which we had to use for the last question? Wtf did that even have to do with Human remains.

Xerxes123

HSC

And Pompeii? That source with the Statue which we had to use for the last question? Wtf did that even have to do with Human remains.
HARD hahaha.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I got mentally and physically dry analed. This is by far the hardest paper I've done for ancient...

My first thoughts in seeing that were "WTF" then I thought about it and related it to the whole thing raised by Lazar in source G? the fact that display of human remains is against Roman ideals, and linked it to religion and how they viewed it as "divine intervention" and the notion of ethics.

Sparta section was kind of stupid... a 15 marker for the role of food? really? wtf bro... also that one marker LOL... never heard of that term. I think a lot of people will get that wrong - myself included

Surprisingly though the 15 marker for Ceasar was pretty easy and relatable to pretty much anything in his career... the 10 marker though...Dafuq. pretty limiting because it specifically stated 'early career' hinting at all events prior to the first triumvirate? I may be wrong

Almost ran out of time for Augustus, the question was pretty straight forward though but also quite limiting. I ended up doing question A

Overall, the paper was very difficult. Certaintly won't be expecting much

BRegs

HSC
I was rank 1 sitting on 56/60%. This was worth 40%. I think I failed. I'm in the worst mood right now.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I was rank 1 sitting on 56/60%. This was worth 40%. I think I failed. I'm in the worst mood right now.
Mine was worth 30%. I'd be lucky if I pass. In fact, I'd be over the moon.

arsenal254

HSC

First time i read that question i sat there for 5 minutes wondering if it was a typo

The entire paper was just hard to do. Only section i might have done ok on was Agrippina II.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I got mentally and physically dry analed. This is by far the hardest paper I've done for ancient...

My first thoughts in seeing that were "WTF" then I thought about it and related it to the whole thing raised by Lazar in source G? the fact that display of human remains is against Roman ideals, and linked it to religion and how they viewed it as "divine intervention" and the notion of ethics.

Sparta section was kind of stupid... a 15 marker for the role of food? really? wtf bro... also that one marker LOL... never heard of that term. I think a lot of people will get that wrong - myself included

Surprisingly though the 15 marker for Ceasar was pretty easy and relatable to pretty much anything in his career... the 10 marker though...Dafuq. pretty limiting because it specifically stated 'early career' hinting at all events prior to the first triumvirate? I may be wrong

Almost ran out of time for Augustus, the question was pretty straight forward though but also quite limiting. I ended up doing question A

Overall, the paper was very difficult. Certaintly won't be expecting much
I had never heard of that term in my life either. Made it up. LOL.

Mine was worth 30%. I'd be lucky if I pass. In fact, I'd be over the moon.

Oh man, don't worry, I was like sitting on third with 73%. I'm really scared.

First time i read that question i sat there for 5 minutes wondering if it was a typo

The entire paper was just hard to do. Only section i might have done ok on was Agrippina II.
YES OMG I ACTUALLY SAT THERE THINKING, "IS this a TYPO?!?!?!"

I did Hatshepsut guys. I had no idea about the first question with the Amun priesthood AND officials. Wtf? Do I talk about her relationship with the priesthood and its officials or just her officials and how they relate to the Amun priesthood? I was so stumped.

And for My historical period I did NKE to death THUTIV. That... Legit I'm going to get 20%.

I need to be very prepared for the HSC because we've got the same gap between Ancient and English.

HARD hahaha.
I already said RAPED and yes HARD.

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, please stop stressing.

It's done. You can't change it.

You have to remember that the HSC is a relative system. If you guys found it challenging (i.e. students on a study forum for God's sake), then everyone found it challenging as well. You will be ranked accordingly, and marks will be moderated accordingly.

We had a task in Legal, though it went the opposite way. There was one kid on 12/20, and the rest of the class got 17+/20. So all ranks stayed the same. Just as if we all failed, and all ranks stayed the same. There is a process of moderation.

Don't let this destroy you mentally, because you will find that due to your current mental state, you will fail that trial exam in a few days, and the other one after it. Before you know it, one exam stuffed up everything else because of a depressed state.

Remember, it's the HSC. Not your life. Take an objective assessment of the situation, not one that is fueled by hype and misconception.

Last edited:

JayCutler123

HSC
Was the Dioscuri for Sparta just Polydeuces and Kastor, twin demigods or something?

Focus is Key

HSC
So you guys had the ancient human remains question as well, there's never much to write about it. The Independent trials for ancient we're pretty decent. Sorry you guys had it so bad:/

glowsticks

HSC
Pompeii was so hard. Even the multiple choice was hard wtf. And the extended response.
And to those who do The Greek World, those questions were crazy hard. I feel like my 1st ranking just dropped 20 places...

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Pompeii was so hard. Even the multiple choice was hard wtf. And the extended response.
And to those who do The Greek World, those questions were crazy hard. I feel like my 1st ranking just dropped 20 places...
I know how you feel. I'm pretty sure I dropped that many places too :(

So you guys had the ancient human remains question as well, there's never much to write about it. The Independent trials for ancient we're pretty decent. Sorry you guys had it so bad:/
It wasn't that I didn't have much to write about. It was that Statue source that was soooo out of context with the question. Anyway I made it link in a dodgy way.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Was the Dioscuri for Sparta just Polydeuces and Kastor, twin demigods or something?
The Disocuri were Castor and Polydeuces (or Pollux), the twin sons of Leda and Zeus and the brothers of Helen of Troy

EDIT: I doubt anyone would've known that, truly. I had to Google search it, didn't even have it in my notes lol

Last edited:

JayCutler123

HSC
I just said Kastor and Polydueces, hopefully i got it right! you never know with marking criteria though

Xerxes123

HSC
LOL everyone on this thread is depressed... Just remember guys we got the HSC!

btw: anyone remember the Agrippina 2 Questions?

arsenal254

HSC
Just so everyone here knows they are making the pomp and herc section a lot harder for the hsc, one of the people who writes the exam was telling us at the hta study day at U-SYD.

Rhys123456

get rekt
HSC
That statue question for multiple choice when it asked for the name of the god... It turned out to be the one that started with L.

Also, the herculaneum boat shed question, didn't they all die from either asphyxiation, thermal shock or crushing? Not just one of them? I chose thermal shock regardless.

glowsticks

HSC
That statue question for multiple choice when it asked for the name of the god... It turned out to be the one that started with L.

Also, the herculaneum boat shed question, didn't they all die from either asphyxiation, thermal shock or crushing? Not just one of them? I chose thermal shock regardless.
Yeah the statuettes were the lares (household gods) but I thought it was a specific god and got it wrong

And for the Herculaneum boat question, note it says Herculaneum. Only the pompeian inhabitants died of asphyxiation and thermal shock. They were in a boat shed so they couldn't have been crushed. So thus they died of vaporization. (I checked online too)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)