thoughts after open days at usyd/uts (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Asquithian
fridgid ...u wanna do u law and u missed the usyd law talk....usyd law talk is so so so so ...good...the dean makes out that alll the 'other' law schools are quite good...but usyd is THE BEST... well hes the dean hes meant to be bias...but after that law talk last year i wanted to go to usyd law

hahah

i had the chance to...asqy didnt take it
okay, i regret it - stop rubbing it in ok? first day after the trials, i felt like exercising my rights of emanicipation so i went LANning with a few friends... and missed the lecture... it's not like end of the world or anything... let it not be the end of the world
*begs*
please, Mr. Dean, have some sympathy, i'm sorry, i didn't mean it, please dun raise the UAI any higher... please, i beg of you...

asqy, u told me u missed the usyd cutoff, remember, u inconsistent liar.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
i listened to the uts law one.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZzZzzZZZZZZZ thats all i can say :)

is a roflcopter
HSC
i thought uts biz/law was a good course :??? :

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea i spoke to a girl who did it, it's really practical and actually sounded quite good.

and i spoke to the girl because i didn't want to go to the law lecture. lol, they're informative but i can ask her stuff like, how boring is it?
you get more insight and find out stuff you actually want to know after chatting for 15 minutes than sitting in the lecture. plus she was actually doing that combined degree.

Last edited:

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
The only thing good about the usyd open day was the free lunch students attending the talented science students program recieved, but that program took over half my day.

The only bad thing about the uts open day was the fact that they ran out of biz booklets in the afternoon and resorted to handing out strips of paper with a website for the online version of the booklet printed on them.

Verdict: UTS 9/10 USYD 4/10

Last edited:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
wow this is a surprise, it looks like the MAJORITy of people liked the UTS atmosphere better

good work boys and girls, you have seen the light

fatmuscle

HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
god i love UNSW
i want to marry it

u said u liked UTS...

yes, I can't remember everyone's name!

UTS IS DA BEST

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hehehe after reading this thread...

UTS - 1
USyd - 0

we'll see how that changes nxt week ;)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
all the good things abt sydney turned out bad.. like big grounds an lots of grass etc = too much walking,

and inside that UTS tower building is pretty nice, however there was no tomato sauce left at the bbq, so that cancels out.. first thing i felt wen i walked into the sydney quad was jus disappointment, cos it does seem very pretentious, like it was pretty shithouse.. however the courses do seem good, and the lecturers that i saw were very into it, despite hte chairs being fckin uncomfortable..
however the law lecture didnt really inspire, still torn between the two unis..

if only UNSW wasnt so difficult to get to id definitely consider it much more after yesterday..

so yea law at sydney is definitely so shit, no one should put that on their preferences at all.. u hear that, no one put law at sydney as preference.. i heard they had like 1% employment rate, the rest of the grads end up on the streets..

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
Did the Progsoc people end up turning up at UTS? Were the Compsoc people bending over for Microsoft as usual?
They were next to us. And no, they were using a PowerBook ...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Wish I could have gone.... reading this thread hasn't made my decision about which course I want as number one on my preference list any easier....

Is it BA Media and Comm and USyd, or BA Comm (Journalism)/Int Std at UTS...... AHHHHH I can't decide!!!! And being stuck here in the country doesn't make my decision any easier!!!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
nah wasn't that guy saying how great the job prospects were for usyd law graduates?
ok, i admit i still have some sort of attachment to the sandstone at usyd too, but hmm yea, i'm definitely more keen on uts now. after yesterday i kind of came home and rearranged my preferences according to the courses rather than purely uni and cut-off.

i tried to go to the media and comm lecture at usyd and it was packed and i couldn't get in.

bleh, i'm writing all these e-mails to uni ppl now to annoy them. ahahah. i think there were about 15 question marks in my last e-mail.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
yeah
i'm thinking of transferring to design (viscom)/arts (internantional studies) next year

and from what i've heard the uts humanities courses are very socially progressive and all that.

uts could do with some more grass. but i live at usyd, so that's not really an issue :p

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
they said you couldn't go to a capital city!
and i'm not sure how i'd be able to afford a year overseas.
the international studies course at uts sounds really organised and they were saying how it's the best, and it did sound like they put a lot of work into it.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
they said you couldn't go to a capital city!
and i'm not sure how i'd be able to afford a year overseas.
the international studies course at uts sounds really organised and they were saying how it's the best, and it did sound like they put a lot of work into it.
maybe no capital cities.. but i got excited when i heard they had links with San Francisco State university.. how exciting!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Wish I could have gone.... reading this thread hasn't made my decision about which course I want as number one on my preference list any easier....

Is it BA Media and Comm and USyd, or BA Comm (Journalism)/Int Std at UTS...... AHHHHH I can't decide!!!! And being stuck here in the country doesn't make my decision any easier!!!

well i have been looking at both and i would definitely say UTS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)