those of us now in yr 12... (1 Viewer)

HSC
does it freak anyone else out that EVERYTHING we do from now on counts!?

I need a good uai but really cant find motivation no matter how hard i try.. :(

klaw

HSC
allthatglitters said:
does it freak anyone else out that EVERYTHING we do from now on counts!?

I need a good uai but really cant find motivation no matter how hard i try.. :(
yes. and I know that I'm ABOUT to screw up my english and phys assessment which will count towards my UAI! :(

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I'm not too fussed at the moment because my school's very small - there's only 23 in my year and I'm comfortably rank 1 in all but one of my subjects. I'm aiming for rank 1 in everything except English, and then I can tackle the exams knowing that I have the rank. Probably won't get as good a mark as what I would in a larger school, but that's OK. Take things as they come.

I_F

ediisjoz

HSC
crazy

I'm kinda freaking just a bit.. i feel so weird because it's our turn now and yeah.. it's just scary... UAI freaks me out.. also the workload is huge... and we're charging through some of the courses i've almost finished our first business studies course (global business)... kinda never thought it'd be like that. :rolleyes:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
totally agree about the freakiness of everythincounts
esp. eng.>.>!!
it is like torture
coz if i wanna study hard, i know wat to study and how to study for all my subjects
but even if i wanna study for eng, alli can do is going" huh"?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
English is also my weakness, my writing skills are not up to scratch and i'm overall kinda struggling.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
true true, writin sux

our teacher said "bcoz we know u r gonna hand in a lot of practice essays b4 the exam, and it might not b fair to others, so we decided not to accept any practice essays"..

i mean...WTF?!

klaw

HSC
miss_gtr said:
Meh I say work a bit harder now... cuz ppl tend to fuck up at the end of the year... so if you fail your trials, you can fall back on the decent marks you had from the beginning of year.
yeah I screwed my 2U maths trials up. Ranking dropped from 3rd to 9th :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
our teacher said "bcoz we know u r gonna hand in a lot of practice essays b4 the exam, and it might not b fair to others, so we decided not to accept any practice essays"..

i mean...WTF?!
OMG! That is soo slack! I feel for you again...
My teacher said he would be "happy" to take up any of our practice essays and mark them for us. On Thursday we had a mock assessment where we brought in our essays, and copied as much of it into a writing booklet and hand it in to him to mark them for us at the end of the lesson. Our teachers are supposed to help us, not restrict us from doing well in the hsc.

klaw

HSC
Riviet said:
OMG! That is soo slack! I feel for you again...
My teacher said he would be "happy" to take up any of our practice essays and mark them for us. On Thursday we had a mock assessment where we brought in our essays, and copied as much of it into a writing booklet and hand it in to him to mark them for us at the end of the lesson. Our teachers are supposed to help us, not restrict us from doing well in the hsc.
but if one class gets their essays practice marked by their teacher and another doesn't, then it's unfair

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Nah, it's fair at our school, it's across the year that our english teachers are doing it. They're willing to sacrifice their time to mark our essays and other writing material and help us achieve our best in english. :uhhuh:

klaw

HSC
Riviet said:
Nah, it's fair at our school, it's across the year that our english teachers are doing it. They're willing to sacrifice their time to mark our essays and other writing material and help us achieve our best in english. :uhhuh:
and then it also depends A LOT on the marking teacher. What one teacher may be looking for can be VERY DIFFERENT to what another looks for, meaning that the class with the marking teacher as their teacher gets an advantage. That's why I try to find out who's the marking teacher asap and think of how he/she would want it.

P

pLuvia

Yeh my teacher right now marks pretty hard, while others I know mark pretty easy, so it's a good indication of how well you are doing

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well my teacher is currently marking the hsc english, and I would say he marks fair, he told us he wasn't lenient or tough, but just in the middle.

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
Yeh my teacher right now marks pretty hard, while others I know mark pretty easy, so it's a good indication of how well you are doing
No that wouldn't be a problem then, coz it'll be marked equally hard/easy across the form. But when one teacher puts an emphasis on something and another emphasises something else, then you're screwed if you don't know what the marking teacher wants. And also some teachers may disagree with your points, and I know that it's supposed to be fine if you support your argument using evidence but that often isn't the case :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)