thom yorke or jeff backley (1 Viewer)

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
who wins? i reckon jeff buckley has a naturally better voice. the comparisson of him to a "oversexed angel" is pretty accurate...but i would have to say thom yorke uses his more limited voice better. in my opinion, songs like 'pyramid song', 'sail to the moon' and 'exit music' out do any jeff buckely...yep, even 'so real'

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Ouch.

Seeing they're both excellent vocalists, I declare a draw. Buckley may have had the greater range, but he occasionally went into excess. (Such as the version of 'Mojo Pin' on the Live In Chicago DVD.)

Buckley and Yorke should also be noted for their guitar/lyrical skills, for which they're underappreciated.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
a draw, how boring :p
but yeah... i'm just listening to satisfied mind and exit music
hmmmmm. this is very tough. i think i might have to go with thom yorke. jeff buckley has an excellent smooth voice that takes you places, but thom yorke uses his really effectively
wake. from your sleep..

actually i don't know.
ok, it's a draw.

chelloveck

HSC
oooo! that's one of my fav radiohead songs...i love the crescendo the "we hope your rules and wisdom choke you"...it's so powerful, so emotion fueled. that's why i say thom yorke wins...and they way he uses his voice seems more unique that buckley. the only other person that can stir as much emotion in me through a song is tori amos.

just curious...how much would you guys pay for a single ticket in a shitty position for a radiohead show in sydney?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Yeah.. I think some of my favourite Radiohead songs (vocally and otherwise) are;
-How To Disappear Completely
-Let Down (Multi-tracked and everything)
-Street Spirit
-Pyramid Song..

And so-on.

guy

HSC
haha how do you get the title wrong, and how do you spell it backley, the a key is no where near u

anyway, Buckley

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Um, is there even a question?
I do love radiohead, but Jeff Buckley was a fucking God. Hands down winner!

chelloveck

HSC
i think thom yorke wins, mainly due to the fact that he had so much longer to perfect his certain style. buckley died to early...compare buckley's early stuff to yorke's early stuff...and buckley wins hands down. so i think yorke wins only cause buckley didn't reach his potential....

guy

HSC
Originally posted by um..
who are geoff buckley and tom yoke?
man i want to kick you in your stupid face

anyway buckley wins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)