This years IP's (1 Viewer)

matmatt

HSC
Well whats everyone going to do?
We're just deciding now but i'll have far too many ideas from the get go...
Something in drag would be fun though...
hows everyone else going?
luv matts

***Steph***

HSC
Yeah, I'm a bit the same I have a few ideas but I don't know how on earth I could tie them all together and make one coherent piece. I have a bit of an idea of what I want to do but I don't know how and don't really have a story, or material yet.

tanguyen

HSC
Remember to write all your shit down into your log book. IN fact, write EVERYTHING in your log book so that a week before handing it in, you don't have to be making fake entries. Fill em up with scripts, pictures, dirt even.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
tanguyen said:
Remember to write all your shit down into your log book. IN fact, write EVERYTHING in your log book so that a week before handing it in, you don't have to be making fake entries. Fill em up with scripts, pictures, dirt even.
lol yeah. one of my pages had a big blood spatter on it (yes, ew, i know) from where i cut myself cutting down photos and pics to stick in...i left it there as a testament to the 'blood sweat and tears' that go into an IP. lol. :)
so include EVERYTHING!!!

tanguyen

HSC
Do NOT stick in pubic hair. I can only imagine what the markers will be thinking of your piece after they see a bag of it stapled to your book.

jazzmuzik

HSC
matmatt said:
Well whats everyone going to do?
We're just deciding now but i'll have far too many ideas from the get go...
Something in drag would be fun though...
hows everyone else going?
luv matts
I with you matts! I'm desperate to design something for drag! unfortunately i dont think my text will fit...

I'm doing costume design for my Ip, havent chosen my play yet but atm its out of "summer rain" or "private lives" (i still want to read "visions"...then i'll make my choice.

Mally Cat

HSC
I have no idea what i'm really doing, but i have hardly any ideas. I know what i want, like a controversial piece, or something epic and absurd mmm... but now i don't know.
but do costume, that would be really fun!
luv mal

HSC
u guys r so lucky u get to do ur IP's! lol i miss workin on mine i had so much fun. For me, it was the best thing in yr 12!, guys just remember to enjoy it, express urself, give it ur all n show the markers to ur fullest extent wat u r capable of creating!!!!

R

roseymariee!

Hey everyone!! At this stage I've decided to do costume design for my IP. NOt sure which text though as our school hasn't even got the texts here & had to order them from o/s.. such a pain in the ass. . is there anywhere i can look at examples of previous years IP's? it'd be great to have an idea of what is expected, from somewhere other than the syllabus

Happykippy

HSC
i'm writing a monologue...half way through writing it now. everyone said "whatever you do, don't write it yourself." oooooooops.

goosiegoo

HSC
*sigh* I'm writing mine. Heh. I didn't want to... but i couldn't find any scripts that i was happy with and i was running out of time, and had a good idea...

So i decided to write it.

Loza33

HSC
i wrote mine... i didnt even know we had the option of not writing it...

i feel mine is too generic and maybe the markers will find it boring even though its dramatic...

I dunoo.. i have finished it all, already and have kind of gotten to the stage where i dont care... i know that sounds silly seen as drama is my favourite and most importance subject.. ubt i just have so much work in other subjects and the gp to do, that im kind of thinking; write well it's done! you cant do anything now! just let it be!!

SituationNoir

HSC
Well, I have just finished the final draft of my script, so I'm pretty wrapt.
I've learnt most of it..but I felt the need to make a few subtle changes, fix a few things I didn't think sounded right, etc etc.

But yessss, other than that I'm fairly pleased. I'm playing Emily Bronte, which is quite cool, for me anyway. And I'm having this dress made, which is also quite cool. All in all everything is..cool.
:p

goosiegoo

HSC
I've finally done some stuff toward my drama i.p! *hides face in shame*

I hate that it's taken me so long to actually get stuff done but i changed from performance to promotion about a month and a bit ago... and have been so busy.

Anywho, i've done an image, not sure whether i'm gonna use it in my poster or something else, but it took me... a day, and it's looking alright. Now i just have to do everything else. Argh!

L.M.F

HSC
Im doing "The Carer" wriiten by Alan Hopgood. Charles "Bud" Tingwell has done performances of this one-man play

The story concerns a man, George Parker who has recently lost his wife to Alzheimer's. He has taken early retirement to care for her, and we now see him adjust to his new way of life. It is funny, touching and very real.

The play begins with him returning home with his wife's ashes to face his life alone. But far from being maudlin, the approach his character has to life and his situation, provides some great comedy among the obvious pathos.

I think this is much better than doing "The American President"

matmatt

HSC
Well we had our first public showcase on Friday night. Went by pretty sweet.
I need to work on my IP more it seems, but gosh, my GP went off like a frog in a sock.
It was demon and they loved it.
When do the markers grace your town? Ours is the 27th of this month i believe.
How confident is everyone?

Lani89

HSC
Ours is the 22nd but we have our showcase/assessment night on thursday.

theblackring

HSC
Mine is the 22nd of this month, I have a week. I feel so bad, I have written almost nothing in my log and I still have to write that extra thing. Mine is a monologue and so morbid and we haven't even finished our group yet. I'm just realising how much trouble I'm in right now. I'm doing trials and have no time. Anyone reading this? If you have time, use it, don't bludge and if you are reading this for the 2008 HSC, start now!

And if you want to write your own, consider the audience, it's all about the audience. What do you want them to feel? And whatever you do, don't worry about how you'll look rather, how good you'll feel about writing the perfect tailor-made piece for yourself.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)