This sucks! Advice Desperately Needed (1 Viewer)

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
:vcross: :vcross: :vcross:
Ok I came home to find this lovely e-mail in my inbox

Mr Law,

I am not sure if you already know this but your Program Transfer Form to
transfer from Program 3710 Mechatronic Plan to Program 3711
Mechatronic/Computer Science Plan was not approved by A/Prof Mathew.

The rules have changed and you will need to apply through UAC by September
this year to study Program 3711 Mechatronic/Computer Science Plan in
Session 1, 2005.

Cynthia

Ms Cynthia Rolfe

Now I showed this to my friend and she told me that when I was transferring, I should have applied through the UAC?
Problem is no one ever told me to even touch the UAC site, not the person at the Mech Eng desk, not A/Prof Mathews, the co-ordinator for double degrees and advisor whom I consulted.
So now when I apply to transfer through the UAC, they have to look at my UAI and my uni marks? Whereas before (to transfer from semester one to semester two) they would have just looked at my UAI? Cause my UAI was high enough before to make it into the double degree and with a current WAM of 53.75, I may not have high enough marks at the end of the year to actually get into the double degree.

Is it general knowledge that people have to apply through UAC everytime they want to transfer cause if it is, then how the fuck am I supposed to have known? I thought that transferring between degrees were an in-university thing and thus, the UAC didn't have to do anything to do with it.
Sorry, I'm angry and pissed off.

Last edited:

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
But does it count me as having done one year's study after this session?
And I'm confused cause my friend didn't ever visit UAC to transfer into the same double degree from the same single degree so, did I ever have to visit UAC?
Or is it cause I failed a subject (physics) and got a 51 in maths and a 50 in MECH1300?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
GPA -> Uai equiv counted is different for one semester's study and one year's study. In the GPA guide I have seen the 1 year's study equates to a higher GPA -> UAI equiv. Just submit your UAC application and study really hard to lift your GPA. That's what I'm doing :)

gman03

HSC
Think this might be relavent:

for Elec / Computer Science, you need at least 65 WAM to keep the program, or else they kick you out.

Now seeing that you have less than 60 WAM, probably the advisor don't think that you are capable of handling a combined degree?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i have found that non of the faculty offices knows what they are talking about
both commerce and cse office is just crap

|Axis_

HSC
have u seen the science office? theyre so sluggish and unprofessional.

redslert, have u been to the maths school office before? i like them - they actually look, act and talk nicley - office like.

about UAC, i think its pretty fair that they look at uni marks too. what really matters is how good a student you are now, not what you could do long ago - wouldnt you agree?

sunny

meh.
HSC
redslert said:
i have found that non of the faculty offices knows what they are talking about both commerce and cse office is just crap
Thats what offices do - they just point students in the right directions on where to find the information. Its much better if you can get a hold of someone related to the problem to ask.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
youre in uni now. get used to beuracracy and people giving conflicting information. it just wouldnt be a uni experience without it.

laney

HSC
i think you can only transfer internally from one degree to another if you're changing from a double degree to a single degree, not the other way around.

if this is your first year at uni and next year will be your second semester, then only your UAI will be looked at. for subsequent years your WAM + UAI will be looked at.

aspect

laney said:
i think you can only transfer internally from one degree to another if you're changing from a double degree to a single degree, not the other way around.

if this is your first year at uni and next year will be your second semester, then only your UAI will be looked at. for subsequent years your WAM + UAI will be looked at.

depends

i was doing 1st year commerce/science last year and i was thinking about dropping science, and i had to apply thru UAC to get it

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I hear they've changed all applications even in the same uni to be through UAC.

Your UAI should be looked at if you're still in 1st year, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)