This is really pissing me off... (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
All this time looking for a job and I still haven't found one. It really is getting me very angry. I have had no luck at all.

I start uni next month, but I need money to pay for costs. I've tried around 20 places. I've handed in application forms, resumes and called up places to see if any positions are available.

FFS, I applied at Oporto last September and the manager said that he will get back to me soon. A month later, i see the manager and I say "Whats the latest news on my application?" Then he said "Oh im busy at the moment. I'll look into it a bit later". So, I go back again in December and he says "Oh we're pretty full now so i will try to contact you in January". Its January now and no call yet from him.

The worst was when I applied for Franklins last year and at the time they were looking for workers. I fill out an application form at the store, hand it in then they say "Come back in a few days with your resume". So I went back there in a few days with my application form and my resume and they say "We don't have positions available at the moment".

So as you can see, no luck has come my way in finding a job. Nearly all my friends are working now and they're earning good money, while I'm still at home bored and sometimes getting some pocket money from my parents and brothers.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
did u apply for woolworths???
go to their website...and apply online

just keep trying
its just bad luck

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Yes, I first applied online for a job @ Woolies around December 2003. No call from them yet. I send an enquiry on their site yesterday saying why I haven't got a call from them yet.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
hm..well i guess its not meant to be
dont u know anyone who works that can get u a job
like..hook u up?

my 2 friends got a job at redrooster coz their friend got them an interview
u have to know ppl

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Well, I got a friend who is manager at McDonalds in Westfield Parra. He said he would try to get me a job, but then a couple of days later he said that they have full staff and aren't looking.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
don't despair! for me, it took around 20 resumes to get an interview and around 10 interviews in order to get a job!!

try walk in at the least expected places and make sure you go at a time that they are not busy and when the manager or boss is around.

good luck

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Just dont give up, keep applying and look in the local paper just like bushra said. I know its frustrating but eventually you'll get there :)

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Where do you live???

No seriously the local paper has heaps! My boy was looking and id never seen the local paper cos Ive always had a job but do you know how many jobs there are for telemarketers with NO experience???

Have you got ur RSA and RCG?

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
sugaryblue said:
it took around 20 resumes to get an interview and around 10 interviews in order to get a job!!
That's encouraging... :rolleyes: I detest job hunting. Tiresome and disheartening.

I've been applying for a few weeks now, heard nothing until 2pm this arvo when I got three calls for interviews within 10 minutes. Bizarre. Looks like I'm still 8 interviews away from getting a job though...

payafee

HSC
im totally feelin' ya Rayanaldo and Yenta. it's just the matter of being the right place at the right time. if you haven't got any experience and apply for a job on the net or newspaper then it's gonna be some stiff competition and chances are, you will be unlikely to get a call back. they will look at those with experience over those without. the best thing to do is just go to a shopping centre and hand in a resume along with a cover letter at unpopular places. if you're desperate for a job then who cares where you work? so don't bother with the big department stores or fast food restaurants cause they receive dozens of resumes from applicants on a daily basis and they only choose people who meet a certain criteria. being young (15-17) is definitely an advantage.

trust me, it's best to just go in person, ask for the manager, smile, do a little small talk and hand in your resume. ive had 3 job offers last year from doing just that.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
LOOK IN THE LOCAL PAPER! desperate companies/corporations always advertise in there!
yeah my friend got a kickass job from the local paper
pays 20 bux and hour to answer fones for a insurance company
when ppl wanna lodge a claim
she sits around..3-4 nights a week
they trained her..no experience was required

so look in da paper

Jumpman

HSC
Woolies, Coles Myer, HMV and Sanity, Gloria Jeans
iv'e tried all of those and Coles was the only one that eventually replied. theres something wrong with the gloria jeans website though, whenever i try to send my resume it says page cannot be displayed.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Jumpman said:
iv'e tried all of those and Coles was the only one that eventually replied. theres something wrong with the gloria jeans website though, whenever i try to send my resume it says page cannot be displayed.
gloria jeans prefer if you give it to them in person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)