THIRD Photoshop question (thanks for all your help so far guys and girls!) (1 Viewer)

N.U.G.

HSC
okay. i'm starting to get the hang of things but I need help with this;

if you look at this image;

and then look at where I used the image at www.myspace.com/blissneso

you will see that the top of the image looks like it says "contact Bliss" instead of "contact Bliss n Eso"

what di you gusy suggest to improve this? maybe having the top fade to a different color?

any help and suggestions are appreciated

thanks!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
well you can actually see the 'n eso' its just difficult because its in black so there are many otpions for you

1- Do the text in a different colour

2- do the ' n eso' part in in a different colour so I dunno maybe have its as black for the Bliss and a light to mid grey for the n eso part... I dont exactly know how that would look.

3- You could also put somthing like 'contact us' or somethign smaller or

4 you could move the button entirely

5- Make the picture bigger and perhaps either have a border or an extra little tag hanging off that says something like 'contact Bliss n Ego' I would have said put a box around the contact bit but that would have made it look a bit too croweded.

6- If you know you're animation, then you could have it as a roll-over... i.e you could simply just have the picture there and when a person puts there mouse on it the picture will fade into the background and the words 'contact us' could be seen

I hope that helps. If it didnt oh well, might be a few ideas for oyu or anyone else down the track who has the same problem.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Do what you've done with the links but invert the outside colour so rather than white with black borders, black with white borders, or as flipsyde has stated, there are many things you could do

N.U.G.

HSC
^^^

thanks for the suggestions, the thing is that I'm not sure if I can change the "contact Bliss n Eso" text color etc. I think MYSpace has full control over that but it's a good suggestions and I'll explore it further

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
My suggestion would be to create a layer where the "contact bliss and eso".. part will be located on the actual site, then draw a white filled rectangle (or any other colour really). Move it to become the top layer, then set it to "lighten" (or something like that); it will make the top part of the image look faded.

You'll need a rectangle which is about 10-12pt high to accomodate the text size.

N.U.G.

HSC
anti said:
My suggestion would be to create a layer where the "contact bliss and eso".. part will be located on the actual site, then draw a white filled rectangle (or any other colour really). Move it to become the top layer, then set it to "lighten" (or something like that); it will make the top part of the image look faded.

You'll need a rectangle which is about 10-12pt high to accomodate the text size.

sounds perfect! I'mma try that out tonight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)