thinking of going to the gong next year (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Without Wings
no, no it hasnt. my decision wont be based on bos members attednign the uni, but on which one i think will benefit me the most :)
.......Excellent choice, I might add! :p

Nescient

HSC
N/A
Hi, I came to UOW because I wanted to post in the BoS UOW thread but only UOW students could so I enrolled

HAHAHA... nah its been like a year now that i've had my heart set on going to the gong!!! sounds like a great a uni andconsidering moving out there while im there....

any reasons as to why i shouldnt consider going there? or all of yas think its a good choice or wat?

Ninga

HSC
Its a shitter of a place when its exam time and all the books u need for answers to the exams are borrowed out but faggoty masters students and you've got all the stress of exams and shit...but otherwise its a cool place. Good luck to you.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by Ninga
Its a shitter of a place when its exam time and all the books u need for answers to the exams are borrowed out but faggoty masters students and you've got all the stress of exams and shit...but otherwise its a cool place. Good luck to you.
Damn those academics. Damn them to hell. Oh wait, I want to become an academic! :D! I want my PhD! I'm gonna try like hell to get one too! :D!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by poloktim
Damn those academics. Damn them to hell. Oh wait, I want to become an academic! :D! I want my PhD! I'm gonna try like hell to get one too! :D!
lol, masters students aren't quite academics :p

Nescient

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
Nescient: Yea, it's a cool place. You should come :p
What course you after? :)
umm european studies minoring in international studies.... i'm not a 100% yet though... but its what i'd prefer to do....

skotgb

i live in wollongong and the drive couldnt be easier.. you take the freeway to wollongong and once you get to mount ousley, theres an exit for mt ousley then the next one would be uow, its right there next to the freewayand its like the first civilisation since waterfall.

law at uow
for anyone doing law.... is it as crap as ive heard it is?
i know two 3rd years that say it is so deadly boring that you'd rather do garbology?

added to that, my cousin was practicing law but has done her DipEd and is becoming a maths teacher... can you see what law has done to her????

i should be at uow next doing a bluescope cadetship or commerce degree

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by skotgb

lol, bluescope cadetship, you will be wearing one of those bright yellow or orange uniforms.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I might go to UoW... but its my backup choice cause they dont offer the course i want. But i went to the discovery day and it was semifun. Except linguistics... why oh why did i chose that.

And Wollongong is the shire uni of choice... so thats the clencher... no other uni would do it for me if i didnt get my first choice.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by skotgb
i live in wollongong and the drive couldnt be easier.. you take the freeway to wollongong and once you get to mount ousley, theres an exit for mt ousley then the next one would be uow, its right there next to the freewayand its like the first civilisation since waterfall.

law at uow
for anyone doing law.... is it as crap as ive heard it is?
i know two 3rd years that say it is so deadly boring that you'd rather do garbology?

added to that, my cousin was practicing law but has done her DipEd and is becoming a maths teacher... can you see what law has done to her????

Law is pretty @ UoW in the first year. You get your first taste of real Law when you do Contracts which is next semester! :uhhuh:
100% employment rate for Law @ UoW, so yeah, your examples are probably one offs. :)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Nescient
umm european studies minoring in international studies.... i'm not a 100% yet though... but its what i'd prefer to do....
That sounds interesting. :)
You can do your minor overseas if you attend UoW and they give out $500 free travel money. (You can also apply for a scholarship!) :uhhuh:

Nescient

HSC
N/A
Heh... yeh i can go for a semester O/S which would be cool... i went to italy in yr 10 with school and had to go to school for a couple weeks... i loved it... i wanted to stay.... so if i ever get the chance to study over there again no doubt i'll take it....
but yeh... i dunno the gong sounds like a good uni :p all my friends are all for sydney but bleh... dont have the courses i want nor the languages so meh...
hopefully i get in...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah 100% employment rate as high-school teachers, Santaslayer!

I know three people with UOW degrees (one with law) and guess what? They're teachers! Wow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)