• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

think of the stupidest thing stella8h8chang has ever done... (1 Viewer)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
jellybeenz said:
Aw girl, you really are a bit of a sadcase...

Don't listen to everyone who dismisses your problems because they aren't that bad in the scheme of things (although its true), it doesn't mean the feelings aren't real to you.

But girl, you've gotta grow up, you are VERY emotionally immature for your age, I mean most people get over the self-centred grand gesture suicide attempts at about age 14... but your what 17 now? You are a very smart girl and I think this has something to do with why you feel things so deeply, but you are also quite introspective and I guess we can't really blame you for it because you don't really have anyone to turn to. Its all well and good for people to say you are just another rich brat (which you are) but you do have problems that stem entirely from your parents and your lack of ability to form solid personal relationships (not romantic but pure friendship).

My advice? Get out of your own head, stop living fantasies and dwelling upon absolutely everything. How to do this? Get a life, sounds harsh but your 17 its time you made a few friends or worked on current relationships with guy friend and others. The reason you are emotionally immature is because you are not living, I don't know if this is self-inflicted due to study or its your parents sheltering you. Just talk to guy friend, ask him to the movies (without romantic entanglements) and go watch the stupidest movie you can find, eat lots of popcorn then some Maccas-- talk about how you feel. Talk about the future, talk about life, talk about school, talk about friends, talk about the weather, talk about tv, the movie-- make fun of the dude picking his nose about four seats away. Hang out with a friend. You don't need a lot of friends, just a couple of good ones to spend days liek that with. Best therapy in the world.
Bring back reps!

hipPo3

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
There's the revelation right there, someone who was pondering suicide, negative perspective? Holy shit batman :)
my god Robin ur right ..
its fun to piont out the obvious :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
Aim for Andromeda, that way, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars
Or at least amongst royalty and princesses :)

Firstly, being prefect means jack shit on your resume regardless of where you apply for a job. That annoyed me.

Secondly, its a terrible bunch of things that are happening to you right now, but see it as a chance to strengthen your inner resolve rather than go running to suicide attempts. I think everyone has gone through a suicidal thought in their life and while its not healthy, I think its just part of the maturation process. Life goes on, the things that are annoying you now wont be in a few months, perhaps even weeks. Regarding your grandfather, you seemed more bitter about the fact you missed out on end of term fun rather than mourning the loss of him, which, to me says a lot. It highlights where you stand maturity-wise, and suggests that you didnt really want to end your life. Teen angst at its best.

Chin up, there are more important things in life. Go and kick some ass in your SDD so your mother can eat her words. That will make you feel better, guaranteed :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Either that or get a Happy Meal, and if you arent happy, sue McDonalds for false advertising.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
find a better outlet?

sounds hectic not impossible.. go for a walk.. organise ure stuff.. and all will be good.. lots of ppl go crazy over HSC well usually there is
more than one subject + hardcore asian parents = an HSC yr..

hold in... and find ure friends... its a rollercoaster ride!..

also ure sounding lik someone i kno.. but u need to just hold tat head up high..
if it gets worse mabbe u need therapy ...

gd luck with the stress management :)

carpediem

HSC
look on the bright side things will get better

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
by the same token, keeping it to yourself isn't healthy. At all.

santaslayer

HSC
I'm probably sounding a bit insensitive but you seem to be blowing all the shit out of proportion. Granted, your grandparent's death was really shit but you seem to be more annoyed by the fact that you were out of school for the two weeks which has lead you to be behind in schoolwork. Personally, I'd die for something less trivial.

zeek

HSC
Jago said:
by the same token, keeping it to yourself isn't healthy. At all.
Keeping it to yourself is how you learn, build character and discipline...

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
or better yet, see a psychiatrist & get yourself a few months' worth of Prozac.. it might help (=

although I'm not trying to endorse drugs as the only way out of problems.. but yeah.. if worse comes to worse..

alby

cool duckie
HSC
r3v3ng3 said:
Keeping it to yourself is how you learn, build character and discipline...
not when you're as down (and suicidal) as stella is/was. i've been there, done that (mind you not as bad as stella, but it was bad enough at the time), and definitely dont want to go back there again.

stella:
there's some really really nice posts in this thread, and some really insensitive ones. you can see really easily what's what - only look at the nice ones, they'll keep your spirits high and help you get yourself through this mess..the others are just insentive pricks who dont know what they're talking about (sorry guys, but its' true, she needs all the support she can get at a time like this).

my condolences about your grandfather. i dont know how close you were to him, but it's still hard to handle at anytime, let alone now. you probably miss him, and that's natural. just remember that he's always with you, in your mind and heart. i dont know if you believe this or not, but my grandma died a couple of years back, and i believe that she's watching over me, making sure that things are right. it might be lame, sad or just 'baby-cute' to some, but i think you need something to believe in..the world's too harsh to struggle through it by yourself.

the piano, the violin, the singing, the little bro, the pond, the tank, the end of year 11 festivities, etc...you've got to remember that they are all just little things. i'm sure they feel pretty darn big right now, but in your world, your life, they're fairly small things which are biting at your ankles right now.

sdd - good luck with it. try not to think about all the other angry little critters, and concentrate on studying and going as well as you can in your exam. i'm sure you'll do really well, you arent an accelerant for nothing!

your mates - look on the bright side, at least someone called back. the others were probably busy in one way or another, its holidays, they might've just been away and/or didnt check their phone.

the guy and the email - dont worry about the email...it was probably going to come out eventually. sure, the timing's a bit dodgy and you're regretting it now, but at least that's one thing off your plate. dont worry about the guy either, after your exam you can talk to him and see where you both stand, and go from there..you dont need to worry about it now.

the knife - as everyone else's said, dont go back there! it might've seemed like the best solution at the time, but slitting your wrists is just going to make you bleed and really sore..it most likely wouldn't have killed you.

its good that you got all of this out in the open...even if it is to people you barely know. as i said before, bottling it up is the worst option, eventhough it often seems like the easiest. remember that eventhough we're just a bunch of random strangers who know next to nothing about you, most of us are willing to give up our time to give you encouragement, support and advice (as you can tell by this thread and the millions of others out there). so even if we are your last resort, use us..we wont flame you (much) for it.

and i hope your dad had a nice birthday :)

manda

zeek

HSC
alby said:
not when you're as down (and suicidal) as stella is/was. i've been there, done that (mind you not as bad as stella, but it was bad enough at the time), and definitely dont want to go back there again.
Don't want to be sexist or anything, but i was refering to men in that post

I've grown up to deal with problems on my own, rather than to seek help and solve it with someone else and i'm sure lots of other blokes have aswell; or maybe thats just me :)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
nah, im like that too but there is a limit. If keeping everything to yourself makes you want to grab the knife, then guess what, you're not dealing with your problems.

Digital_Spork

HSC
You sound like a little kid having a whinge because your little brother got something and you didnt...

Killing yourself is weak, I think you need to get some more respect from your parents.

zeek

HSC
Jago said:
If keeping everything to yourself makes you want to grab the knife
umm does fascination with knives, guns and stuff that kills make you suicidal? :p

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Please also reply if you want to:
a) give me some advice on how I can rectify the problem that my best guy friend as now blocked me and the friendship is even more ruined than I could have possibly foreseen

wait a little. then tap him on the shoulder.
try avoiding msn when talking to boys...
god i should know... :| *takes own advice*

b) pat me on the head and say, you "poor little emotionally retarded naiive girl..."

*pats* get up, dont think negatively, go to bed and start the next day...fresh and basking in the vitality

c) bask in your intelligence/commonsense/social aptitude and yell at me for my lack thereof

hmm i'm a photographer/arty beatnik freak (doesnt really fit in with the asianness)

anyhoo....you seem to be intelligent enough, come on, you applied for philosophy ... and remember intelligence comes in all forms not just academic wise
as for commonsense? its something that grows with you.. we all grow, even tall poppies, we make mistakes, we learn...develop...its fun..

d) laugh and keep laughing until Christmas
...what happens after Christmas??
oh yeah, new year...go get drunk?

hmm i am a llama, here's a llama, there's a llama, i am an asian llama *sings out of key*

yo well thats my ramblings
peace out

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
PS:
i dont realy know you...but.
dont ever cut urself
ITS NOT GOOD!
my friend has just been diagnosed with bipolar and cuts herself needlessly...
its the most ridiculous situation.

please just dont do it, its not a release at all there are other ways to vent, without inflicting self harm

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
luscious-llama said:
PS:
i dont realy know you...but.
dont ever cut urself
ITS NOT GOOD!
my friend has just been diagnosed with bipolar and cuts herself needlessly...
its the most ridiculous situation.

please just dont do it, its not a release at all there are other ways to vent, without inflicting self harm

Cutting is far more complex than simply saying "don't cut yourself!". There are times when you simply can not understand the emotional pain and dispare and the only way to make sense of the way you are feeling is to transfer it into tangible pain and wounds. I'm seeing professionals and am in the process of being tested for bipolar, and I've cut in the past and I'd be lying if I said I would definatly never do it again. I'd rather not, I'd rather not have the scars and the explanations, but I need the understanding and I need the control.

For many people, it's not needless. If anything, it prevents pushing us over the top. Theres many times I'd though how easy it would be to end it all, and I know I have acess to surgical scaples nobody would miss - a surgical scaple would do the trick to the wrist - but cutting quite often relived the depression and worthlessness I felt just enough to push me back a bit from suicide and gave me time to think of the ramifications of my actions. Cutting saves lives in some cases.

That said, I'd never ever enourage it under any circumstances, as it is one vicious cycle, I've woken up with bloody welts and bed sheets and hated myself more, if you are suicidal, you do need help and cutting isn't the answer. But I also wanted to point out it isn't as simple as you've stated.

anarchron

HSC
I find that taking a cynical, gloomy and sarcastical outlook on life helps me tolerate the amount of shit hurled around everyday.

You sound smart, maybe you could transform yourself into someone like House MD?

That guy has it all figured out.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
who the hell revives one month old problem threads and attempts to answer them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)