they take the LAST umat score you did!!! (1 Viewer)

aussiechica7

HSC
Will I be penalised for taking UMAT more than once?
No, there is no penalty for taking the test more than once. However the universities will only use your most recent results when considering your application.

UMAT scores are valid for 2 years. For example, UMAT2007 scores are valid for in use in applying to courses commencing in 2008 and 2009, but not in 2010.
http://umat.acer.edu.au/index.php?option=c...id=105&Itemid=9

Guys,
I'm so sorry if I've told anyone to retake the UMAT this year and said that they could just pick their best score to give the universities. It turns out only your most recent score will be used.
If your score was really good last year (it's just other things that let you down) consider not taking the UMAT this year. If it was poor-average, then by all means, retake it.
Sorry for any confusion.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
UNSW quality education then..

hmmm should i retake the umat?

rusty_rouge

HSC
Nah, it was like this when I resat the UMAT in 2006 - I knew if I did worse that year, I was kinda in trouble, because they would take that score instead of 2005's... but I took the risk, and it paid off.

I found it much easier the second time around anyway.

kloudsurfer

HSC
But, you provide your UMAT number to UAC, right? So, couldnt you just provided them with one from the previous year...?

msomana

HSC
This is why UNSW asks for your UMAT number in the registration of interest section whereas no other university actually does this... because the application process starts so early. Rego of interest is due waaay before you get results back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)