they better scale it up this year (1 Viewer)

fishy89sg

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Topic 5 was the first half of the extended response. Also in the MC.
Oh i was just talkin about the parts of Section II that were really unexpected and/or hard

lisablah

HSC
N/A
yea i totally agree. this years paper was wayyy harder than previous years. hpe we do alrite!!

Adam.Meads

HSC
Business isnt a particularly easy subject. And the exam was rather difficult.

Ahh well ... Now my future rests on a subject in which I havent passed all year ... Maths.

samuel slack

HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong, people who know far more about scaling and aligning than me, but if the state average score for business studies fell by a large percentage, say 15%, wouldn't they have to do some sort of scaling to make that up? Anyways. I'll leave that to the BOS, i'm just glad to be finished business studies.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
samuel slack said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, people who know far more about scaling and aligning than me, but if the state average score for business studies fell by a large percentage, say 15%, wouldn't they have to do some sort of scaling to make that up? Anyways. I'll leave that to the BOS, i'm just glad to be finished business studies.
yeah i was thinking the same thing

williamc

HSC
samuel slack said:

OK. If raw marks are lower because the judges deem the test to be harder than last year. They will align the marks HIGHER. Although, if they deem the test to be at the same standard as last year, but raw marks are still lower, they won't align them to the same standard as the year before, they will assume the overall cohort was weaker. In the end though, the scaling algorthim with sort this out, and fix up whether the raw marks were lower or higher due to the quality of the cohort. This is determined by how they do in their other subjects.

I think it was about the same as last years.

cyncyn2007

HSC
=( what happens if u have a solid rank in a top 200 school, but screwed up ??

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
wait do the raw external marks get moderated or anything? like it can go up or down right?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Buiboi said:
wait do the raw external marks get moderated or anything? like it can go up or down right?
yeah first everyone's raw mark gets adjusted, so your external becomes your adjusted external mark. Then you're given your internal mark based on those adjusted externals and they're averaged to give you your final mark. hope that made sense, but basically raw mark =/= external mark

Hamil

HSC
fishy89sg said:
but the exam was harder than previous years

in your opinion.
dont forget it is POSSIBLE other people didnt find it so hard, and may have done better than you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)