they better scale it up this year (1 Viewer)

fishy89sg

HSC
omg the exam was full of twists, turns, surprises and a dodgey multiple choice section!!! and it was definately harder than previous years... i think that this year they should... dare i say.... 'scale up' our business studies marks!! :D

Originality

HSC
only thought the multiple choice were hard.
a few short answer just rambled. some points i forgot -_-

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i didnt know external marks get scaled? i thoguht only internal marks.. i thought external marks were used as templates and everyones internals were measured up against your externals??? how would business scale up tho? waht things affect it?

fishy89sg

HSC
Buiboi said:
i didnt know external marks get scaled? i thoguht only internal marks.. i thought external marks were used as templates and everyones internals were measured up against your externals??? how would business scale up tho? waht things affect it?
thats what i was implying

nitnit

HSC
fishy89sg said:
omg the exam was full of twists, turns, surprises and a dodgey multiple choice section!!! and it was definately harder than previous years... i think that this year they should... dare i say.... 'scale up' our business studies marks!! :D
THANK YOU! You are the first decent person who said that!! I really did think this exam was pretty weird-esp how there were NO CALCULATIONS whatsoever!! Bring back the maths!!!!!

There were so weird questions in SA as well! I agree, I really do hope business scales better! I've got solid internals that I am happy with so hopefully that will push up my marks!

Now to study for japanese! Good luck guys!

LatK7

HSC
It'd be nice if they did help us out a bit. It was quite difficult in parts, especially in comparison to other years.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
wait so how would it scale up? what factors would scale the external or are they just left as raw marks?

williamc

HSC
Marks we recieve from the BOS are aligned are not "scaled". Scaling of raw marks to total aggregate is used for the UAI. Marks have never been requested from a FOI for business, but i reckon the band 6 cutoff will be in the 80's according to a few of my teachers / senior hsc markers. There hasnt been a FOI sent in with a subject to align down yet.

well 5% of the state get a band 6 in business... id estimate 85/100 = band 6.

(this is a complete guess)

Niksta123

HSC
williamc said:
Marks we recieve from the BOS are aligned are not "scaled". Scaling of raw marks to total aggregate is used for the UAI. Marks have never been requested from a FOI for business, but i reckon the band 6 cutoff will be in the 80's according to a few of my teachers / senior hsc markers. There hasnt been a FOI sent in with a subject to align down yet.

well 5% of the state get a band 6 in business... id estimate 85/100 = band 6.

(this is a complete guess)

Sorry, wat does "FOI" stand for??

fishy89sg

HSC
i meant i wish that if i got a mark of X% in the actual exam (after all the sections are marked), i hope that the mark seen on my HSC report is (X+k)%, where k>0 (for business studies).

kokodamonkey

HSC
if you do good you will do good regardless. jeez. scalin just makes sure you get treated the same regardless of the subject you did so if "an exam is easier as another" so dont get it confused that magic scaling will give u that band 6. if you deserve it you will get it. if not dont expect scaling to do the work for you.

fishy89sg

HSC
i also meant that since last year ONLY 4.5% of people got 90+, then that should increase as well cause it was a harder exam compared to last year.... maybe 7-8%?

kokodamonkey

HSC
if your ranked well and you do good you will do well. but u have to atleast be looking at a minimum raw mark of like 88-90... remember business studies is easy they arnt going to make it even easier to get a band 6 its too easy as it is!

kokodamonkey

HSC
not really. its always harder when your in the actual exam as compared to at home!

fishy89sg

HSC
nah man, i think this year they put all the hardest parts of the topic;

Topic 1 - Contingency/Political
Topic 2 - Importance of Working Capital
Topic 3 - Market Research Process/Differentiation
Topic 4 - Perspectives on Conflict!!!!!!!!
Topic 5 - Did they ask this lol

kokodamonkey

HSC
yes global was in the extended responses.. not exactly hard. just the bits you didnt learn enough buddy lol :D

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
fishy89sg said:
nah man, i think this year they put all the hardest parts of the topic;

Topic 1 - Contingency/Political
Topic 2 - Importance of Working Capital
Topic 3 - Market Research Process/Differentiation
Topic 4 - Perspectives on Conflict!!!!!!!!
Topic 5 - Did they ask this lol
Topic 5 was the first half of the extended response. Also in the MC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)