• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Thesis (1 Viewer)

emily88

HSC
Im looking for a good thesis, ive found a few on journeys but not any good ones....a few suggestions would be great....THANKS!!!

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
what area are you doing, imaginative/inner/physical.

the main thesis really needs to be something that you come up with by yourself to be truly original.

What is your core text? i did on giants shoulders [imaginative]and my thesis was centred around the text. i really think that needs to be the case expecially at advanced level. Your work will be better if the thesis is something youve developed by engaging with the texts.

P

pLuvia

Just wondering aren't thesis usually personal opinions which we have to argue about? or take another thesis and disagree with it?

emily88

HSC
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.skrzynecki poems etc... i have an idea but i dont no how to put it into a good sentance.... something like journeys are inevitable...but thats stupid but something like that, that journeys always happen or whatever

l-mercedes-l

HSC
you thesis is your central idea, and you can still argue sucessfully by pointing out that there are things that contradict your central idea and explore why. to extend on what emily is saying, her thesis perhaps is that 'journeys are unavoidable and integral to personal growth' [just an example] and while that is her thesis [key arguement she is out to prove] shw will then have a series of points that go toward proving the big central idea.

THese may include
-journeys can occur anywhere and anytime and we cant avoid them.
-imaginative journeys allow potential for personal growth if we choose to capitalise on unavoidable journeying experiences... etc etc

does that clear it up a bit?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
personally, my thesis's (?) were much more simple so I coudl follow the vein of thought in the exam. Unless you're planning to do it debate style where you reiterate the thesis again and again explicitly, there is probably no need for it to be wordy.

l-mercedes-l

HSC
while the wording of my thesis was simple, the content was quite involved so i had a number of subpoints to argue the bigger idea. i used an integrated response that dealt with sub points and how the texts related to the subpoints to show something about the bigger idea. i dont want to risk spoonfeeding and limit your creativity, but my thesis was 'nothing exists outside the imagination'
hmmm that really dosent make sense without the rest of the sentance

Last edited:

emily88

HSC
i am doing a speech/ visual representation, on skrzynecki poems, i was thinking about doing "the town where time stands still" and i havent settled on related text yet for physical journeys

emily88

HSC
i usually dont have much trouble with thesis' my change thesis' where awesome probably its because i dont have related material, well i did and i had a thesis but i didnt like 'em... sorry

stainmepink

HSC
heres a good one:

"Physical/Inner/Imaginary (take your pick) Journeys are constructed out of nothing, to showcase the responders outstanding grasp on the English language. whilst argueing on the basis of benign fluff"

then you can expand your points like such:

" the English Syllabus is pepped with jargon, which the responder manipulates accordingly to illustrate his/her marvellous grasp of the english langauage. This notion is demonstrated through .. "insert text" "

then it'd be brilliant better if you ended your argument in another language. so there, your state topping thesis.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
My thesis that i use is a physical journey needs to include an inner journey, but i mainly use it in my stimulus booklet text that i'm doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)