Thesis (1 Viewer)

hscishard

HSC
Essays need a thesis right?
So how can you come up of a thesis for a question "How does "text" convey journeys?" I know you're meant to add techniques, quotes and explanation.
How should a thesis for a "how" question be like?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So how can you come up of a thesis for a question "How does "text" convey journeys?" I know you're meant to add techniques, quotes and explanation.
How = Techniques

Thesis = Journeys are conveyed by text xyz* etc...

*I was about to write xxx, then thought might sounds stupid lol, but had to add it in xD

hscishard

HSC
So should it be like: "Journeys are coveyed in "text" (One big technique or? Don't you have to answer the question in your into?)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Lots of techniques. Average three/four per text.
Use TIE:

Technique- identify it. Is it alliteration, juxtaposition etc?
Illustrate- give an example or quotation showing the technique
Effectiveness- how effective it is in showing how the text conveys journeys

mizz_a

HSC
N/A
The thesis is usually your point of view on something. Then you use examples from text to back it up and how the text uses techniques to convey that message/concept of your AOS, which is in your case, journeys.

Firstly, just state your point of view. A really basic example is: "The most interesting journeys are the ones that have complications." Now that you have a point, you argue how the text support your thesis. Like, "Through the utilisation of so-and-so technique, the text effectively conveys blah blah blah". Yet another simple example.

This is basically me translating what my english tutor has taught me. Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)