Thesis on conflicting perspectives: Review Please? (1 Viewer)

Green024

HSC
So yeah, I'm trying to write a stock standard thesis that I can apply to [hopefully] any question.

Conflicting perspectives provide a series of disparate viewpoints to influence and inform audiences to contrive an individual and valid assessment of texts. It is the responsibility of the composer to establish a convincing argument to captivate and manipulate an audience. Bias often accompanies these arguments, its unavoidability leaving a poignant mark on texts, characterizing them with the feelings of the composer.

buriza

conviction
HSC
So yeah, I'm trying to write a stock standard thesis that I can apply to [hopefully] any question.

Conflicting perspectives provide a series of disparate viewpoints to influence and inform audiences to contrive an individual and valid assessment of texts. It is the responsibility of the composer to establish a convincing argument to captivate and manipulate an audience. Bias often accompanies these arguments, its unavoidability leaving a poignant mark on texts, characterizing them with the feelings of the composer.
This may be better:

Conflicting perspectives often influence audiences to assess individuals and their texts. As a result, it is the motive of the composer to manipulate the audience into complying with their perspective. Furthermore, bias commonly exists in the presentation of conflicting perspectives, leaving a poignant mark on texts and characterising them with the feelings of the composer.

Green024

HSC
Thanks Buriza, yeah, while i can't use your revised thesis, i like how you increased its modality, and will definitely take that into consideration in my deliberation

simplyinsanity

HSC
This may be better:

Conflicting perspectives often influence audiences to assess individuals and their texts. As a result, it is the motive of the composer to manipulate the audience into complying with their perspective. Furthermore, bias commonly exists in the presentation of conflicting perspectives, leaving a poignant mark on texts and characterising them with the feelings of the composer.
Probably the most important part to include.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It is important to demonstrate an awareness of the disparity between the process of representation and interpretation, I highly don't recommend you to create a generic thesis to answer any question, because there really isn't a generic thesis for every question-every question has a different focus-and I can already foresee there will be a significant number of questions that can't be accommodated by your thesis, for example, what if the question asks you to focus on the importance of textual form?, what about when it asks you to highlight the purpose of conflicting perspectives-in this instance, it is not just 'complying perspective' or challenging audience to make individual judgments-by saying these two points in your thesis-without adequate linkage-it weakens your thesis. Overall purpose of CP often may include through the presentation of conflicting points of view, audience force to actively assess which views more valid then others/through a holistic examination, comes to attain a more realistic/objective truth about events/personalities/situations.

You must mention personalities/events/situations somewhere in your introduction-otherwise you are not answering the demands of the rubric at all. Try to introduce your texts from the second sentence-don't waste three sentences on giving a generalised overview on the module-otherwise your teacher will instantly see that you have memorised your essay and give you lower marks than you would like. Hope this helps:)

HSC
N/A
There is no one generic thesis statement. Markers expect you to adapt to and be responsive to the actual question asked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)