thesis help (1 Viewer)

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
i'm struggling to formulate a thesis help

the question is “These days, texts can reach a much wider audience, creating the potential to be more powerful that ever”,

and this is like part of my introduction

"James Ponsoldt utilises the dystopian film, “The Circle” 2017. to communicate the paradoxical nature of surveillance and transparency in order to tell the audience about the current state of social media and how dangerous it is to users. He highlights to the audience on how technology we unthinkingly accept, will ruin us in the future."

i'm supposed to have the thesis in the introduction which is basically the one above but i just can't...formulate a thesis, pls if u guys have tips lmk

cossine

HSC

the question is “These days, texts can reach a much wider audience, creating the potential to be more powerful that ever”,

"James Ponsoldt utilises the dystopian film, “The Circle” 2017. to communicate the paradoxical nature of surveillance and transparency in order to tell the audience about the current state of social media and how dangerous it is to users. He highlights to the audience on how technology we unthinkingly accept, will ruin us in the future."

i'm supposed to have the thesis in the introduction which is basically the one above but i just can't...formulate a thesis, pls if u guys have tips lmk
Note: I am not an English Teacher

So the question you have written is not a question. The first thing you want to determine what themes you can used for the essay. These will be your bodyparagraphs. To do this though you will first need to identify all the relevant quotes that you can use for the essays. After this you can organised quotes into body paragraphs based on the arguments.

When given the essay question choose the relevant themes/quotes.

Aim for about 8 quotes per an essay.

miminaps

HSC

I'd probably say something in regards to accessibility in our modern society and how this is turn allows texts to have a more dominant influence on audiences (such as to emphasise caution etc.) And since your text is a film it really plays into the concept of accessibility which you could then integrate into all the paragraphs. Hope that helpss or gives u inspo at least.
Safest bet is just to restate the question with synonyms and more evaluative language and then add smth extra at the end.

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
I'd probably say something in regards to accessibility in our modern society and how this is turn allows texts to have a more dominant influence on audiences (such as to emphasise caution etc.) And since your text is a film it really plays into the concept of accessibility which you could then integrate into all the paragraphs. Hope that helpss or gives u inspo at least.
Safest bet is just to restate the question with synonyms and more evaluative language and then add smth extra at the end.
thank you!!

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
Note: I am not an English Teacher

So the question you have written is not a question. The first thing you want to determine what themes you can used for the essay. These will be your bodyparagraphs. To do this though you will first need to identify all the relevant quotes that you can use for the essays. After this you can organised quotes into body paragraphs based on the arguments.

When given the essay question choose the relevant themes/quotes.

Aim for about 8 quotes per an essay.
oooh thank you, but my teacher said to only use 2 quotes/techniques, it's a multimodal task basically, we r supposed tp submit like our presentation and a 500 word essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)