There are no jobs!!!! (1 Viewer)

mmhmm

Im dying!!! I need a job!!! I have rang practically every store in westfield burwood and hurstville and every1 of them say ahhh sorry your too late....damn! Its soooo annoying and im already bored.

Any1 have any ideas....oh and ive emailed my resume to about a millions jobs found on www.seek.com.au, www.mycareer.com.au, www.monster.com.au and www.careerone.com.au. The only jobs they have are at call centres, which sux!

Fi

i know what u mean
there is nothing out there for us.
What ticks me off the most, is that when i ask them if they have any positions, they say: "sorry, we hired casual staff about a week ago" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:chainsaw:
anyway good luck with it all:)

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
think a lot of stores like to hire just before the HSC exams, because some of their casuals might be taking study leave for the hsc.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol its unfortunate that there's basically nothing after the HSC...try looking in smaller stores, and stores that are not in major shopping centres?

I got a job at the beginning of Year 10, and im still working there, jus took annual leave during HSC (I'm on a part time AWA)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by mmhmm
The only jobs they have are at call centres, which sux!

If you really want a job do the call centre, you dont have to do it forever, and as least while your there your going to have an income, and you'll get training in customer service areas which, a lot of employers value.

Go looking at restaurants looking (you probably wont be able to get much work in licencsed ones if you under 18, but they'll prolly need kitchen hands etc), they always need people around the holiday time, hell I get offered jobs while Im at work.

Um, also you can go into job network, or work directions I think thats what there called, apparently there really good because they helped all my friends who have no previous experience get jobs in the last couple of weeks.

Otherwise, you could offer to do work experience whereever you want to work that they the get to train you for free, and they will know how your work etc, so when they have a vacancy they will probably offer it to you.

and dont think that just cause you didn't apply before the HSC that you missed out because, alot of places are still hiring because there employers want to take holiday leave or go to schoolies. good luck and I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Jin-17

mY ADVICE DONT GIVE UP HOPE YET. Where there is a problem, there is a way.

stressed02

Yeah i'm the same as you Minai, i started working in year 10, and just had 6 months off this year, but i'm a casual.
For those who want a job.... photocopy like 50 copies of your CV, walk into every store and give it to them - even if they're not thinking of hiring, the worst they can say is 'no' - but at least it shows some initiative....

good luck

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
my advice is don't submit your resume to service desks because the person behind the counter most likely won't know what to do with it. (speaking for my workplace of course) Every time people have submitted resumes to our serice desk when we were not hiring, they remain at the service desk for a few weeks, trashed around, until someone gets sick of the mess at the service desk and tries to clean the place up. They might find the resume then chuck it in some corner. Chances are the managers who do the hiring will never see them.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by user
my advice is don't submit your resume to service desks because the person behind the counter most likely won't know what to do with it. (speaking for my workplace of course) Every time people have submitted resumes to our serice desk when we were not hiring, they remain at the service desk for a few weeks, trashed around, until someone gets sick of the mess at the service desk and tries to clean the place up. They might find the resume then chuck it in some corner. Chances are the managers who do the hiring will never see them.
i feel sorry for da trees that gets cut down.

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
I say if you live near an industrial area, write them a letter and see if they need any help. I did that on thursday, and i started working the next day, even if it is a casual job, i have a full time job for the next 3 weeks (more than most people can say because they all work to rosters). Also, if you're desparate, try ringing Sodexho Australia (8765 3402) - they cater for Telstra Stadium and are in *dire* need of staff (i work there too, thats how i know). Its a really simple job and 17yo get 17.03 an hour... hours are lousy, but u watch games for free, and Rumba is coming up too! hehee

Anyhow, thats my 2 cents.

mmhmm

Originally posted by Nightshade
I say if you live near an industrial area, write them a letter and see if they need any help. I did that on thursday, and i started working the next day, even if it is a casual job, i have a full time job for the next 3 weeks (more than most people can say because they all work to rosters). Also, if you're desparate, try ringing Sodexho Australia (8765 3402) - they cater for Telstra Stadium and are in *dire* need of staff (i work there too, thats how i know). Its a really simple job and 17yo get 17.03 an hour... hours are lousy, but u watch games for free, and Rumba is coming up too! hehee

Anyhow, thats my 2 cents.
ay thanks guys for the ideas.....think i shall try my luck once more!
u know Sodexho Australia wat else do they do??

Jin-17

try boston in chatswood or subway in warringal mall if u live anywhere near there, or KFC in atarmon

Jin-17

also another thing not all call center are based on commisoon. Some call center have soemthing like $14 per hour and that is added with bonuses and commisons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)