theory (1 Viewer)

Dead_G???_?

"is not where you from its where your at"
r'nt u sposed to do theory 50/50 with prac?
how the fudge u gonna finish your B.O.W???

if you done sum year 11 exams the questions should b similar to the hsc paper. you can get past HSC papers from the Board of Studies site (i.e NSW B.O.S)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Originally posted by annaclassof2004
how hard was the actual hsc art paper???
and do u having any notes u wouldn't mind passing on??
i didnt find it too hard... you had to be able to think outside the square tho, otherwise nothing made sense..

just know you frames and conceptual framwork and artistic practice stuff and be able to apply it anyd you'll be fine

ill dig up some notes over the uni break and post them for you..(i should be doing a linguistics assignment at the moment..oops)

i think i still have the exam paper as well.. have you seen last years paper yet?? ill try to remember what i wrote

ta ta
xox

TRUZ

how many pages are do u think u should write for each question?? cos my techer said da u dun even have to write a page for the first question....soo yeeh just want some opinions..

soso

HSC
N/A
Judge from the amount of marks on offer so question 1 ais f marks try to write 5 things

1b is 8 marks aim for 8 things and 2/3 of a page

1c is 12 marks aim for 11/2 pages

question 2 is 25 marks, aim for 4/6 pages.

Then consider quantity and quality 6 pages of waffle is not as good as 3 pages of facts leading to understanding. Read what it says at the top of the exam page, marks are awarded for.........

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Wasn't too bad, however, all the pieces in there were like, "what the?!" Mostly very postmodern.

Like someone's already said, if you know how to apply your theory (i.e. frames, conceptual framework, practice) to all kinds of artworks (esp. those that are unfamiliar to you, like the ones usually are in the HSC art paper), then you'll easily be able to fudge your way through.

i got 79% for the exam btw, not the best, but i was happy with it.

but yeah, it's not very difficult. ;)

p.s. i recommend that you do the paper backwards: i.e. do question 2 first (the essay), then 1(c), followed by 1(b), then finally 1(a). That way u get the hardest (and most valuable) questions out of the way first, and if u run out of time, question 1a) is easy and isn't worth that much (in comparison to q2. essay), so it's not much of a loss. But you should be able to finish it in the time given...

Last edited:

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
From doing past papers and recently stepping out of the half yearlies (75% :( ) , I found that the marking criteria looks for certain points that the question doesn't suggest/ask for.
When I got my marks back and looked through the sheets, that's how I saw things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)