Theory HSC exam... (1 Viewer)

epicmel

HSC
Does anyone else have a feeling they're going to do something wacky to our exam this year?
My teacher reckons we should be prepared for a 1c) on art historians/ art criticism. And maybe some really specific questions for the essay section.
(I think it was 2006 that had a really difficult paper, go back and take a look at that)

MzBiiBii

HSC
My worst area in art is probably practice =/

Always stuffing that up!

It could be similar to the CSSA trials?

1a Frame, 1b, artists world, 1c practice

j_katz91

HSC
YES. i have a bad feeling about this, esp as the other exams have been so effed up!!!
if it is criticism or history ill cry...can you tell me some tips on how to answer the q for that????
thanks

epicmel

HSC
YES. i have a bad feeling about this, esp as the other exams have been so effed up!!!
if it is criticism or history ill cry...can you tell me some tips on how to answer the q for that????
thanks
our whole class kinda chose to ignore our lessons on art history/ criticism and i don't really get it either... but when i figure it out (sometime next week) i'll post back.
gah i really hope it's not.
and i hope they don't give us a whole bunch of crappy essay questions about the role of the museum/ critic/ curator/ historian etc.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
My biggest concern is that they wont have any good essay questions to pick from from the Practice section. It's my favourite so I just have to pray they have suitable questions for the artists I've studied otherwise I have to resort to choosing a question from the Frames or something. Ew.

I know one year they had a 1c) question which asked for them to write a feature article about something to do with the painting and information about the artist in one of the plates. Conceptual Framework question I think. It was a really weird question. We went through the question in class and the whole time I was thinking 'this is ART not ENGLISH. Are they ALLOWED to ask us to write in a particular style?' Hoping they don't do something ridiculous like that this year.

MzBiiBii

HSC
My biggest concern is that they wont have any good essay questions to pick from from the Practice section. It's my favourite so I just have to pray they have suitable questions for the artists I've studied otherwise I have to resort to choosing a question from the Frames or something. Ew.

I know one year they had a 1c) question which asked for them to write a feature article about something to do with the painting and information about the artist in one of the plates. Conceptual Framework question I think. It was a really weird question. We went through the question in class and the whole time I was thinking 'this is ART not ENGLISH. Are they ALLOWED to ask us to write in a particular style?' Hoping they don't do something ridiculous like that this year.

:O whatt??

I was so happy that I escaped from that in the English paper!

epicmel

HSC
in our half yearly we had to write a feature article about mike parr's practice with reference to his interactions with the agencies of the artworld (particularly gallery/ curators/ audience/ critics) and we were provided with an extract of john mcdonald's crit/ review of his works.
i hope they have a symbols/ signs/ visual language question in section II cause that's the one i always pick.

j_katz91

HSC
our whole class kinda chose to ignore our lessons on art history/ criticism and i don't really get it either... but when i figure it out (sometime next week) i'll post back.
and i hope they don't give us a whole bunch of crappy essay questions about the role of the museum/ critic/ curator/ historian etc.
aaaah i know...our whole class stopped listening about art crit/hist cos it was after trial and we were all in lala land
we had one study thing in the hols where someone was acutally like soo i no we just did that but wat the hell do we do fi thats the q and evry1 else nodded eagerly....clearly my teacher is over it too cos she just said "look ive only ever seen it once in an exam..." and then we went onto something else
ill ask after my modern exam next week again and also reply if i get something on it :)
also agreed that the museum qs can go die

haha no way...i want the postmodern frame :d or conceptual is my second choice...practice is my last option!! oh well i hope that you get it and i get mine!
x x
ps.
ummmm feature article would be ucked......

Last edited:

verdades

HSC
Wait, you mean you got taught these to begin with?
Fucking art teacher.

Blargh.
I'll be good if I can relate to cultural stuff. Ish.
They have to have at least one on cultural stuff :3 please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)