Theatrical Careering (1 Viewer)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I want to continue to do some acting as I go through uni... we'll see where it takes me, if I decide to pursue it as a career or not... but not intending on doing any performance courses at uni

toms

Next year I'm thinking about working for 6months, saving up as much money as I can, then heading off to New York to try and get some work. Primarily as a dancer, but slowly working into the bigger musical acting/singing parts...

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
For me, acting is purely for fun. I enjoy the nervous excitement you get before you perform, then the relief you feel after its over. I couldnt enjoy that as a job.

I will not persue an acting career (partly because its a hard industry to crack) because when something fun becomes a job, it manages to have all the fun sucked out of it.

But i will call upon my drama skills with whatever job I have. If i didnt do drama, id be too nervous to talk to anyone... but im confident of being able to give a presentation to a whole room full of people. That will be very handy one day.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Wilmo said:
But i will call upon my drama skills with whatever job I have. If i didnt do drama, id be too nervous to talk to anyone... but im confident of being able to give a presentation to a whole room full of people. That will be very handy one day.
Yeh ditto. I hate the prac side of drama, but it's given me so much confidence

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
LOL!
Nah, just joking Sparky. Hmm. Now I can kinda get an idea of what you're like. I know of two people who want to do directing, people think I'd be okay at it, I honestly reckon I'm way too bossy for it.

Any speciality within that Sparky?

(I'm rather surprised people know what a Production Manager does...or did u just move on and ignore it?!?)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
you er..... manage... production......stuff...thingys... :)
become famous.... and RULE THE WORLD!!!! ahh......
or just famous will do

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
NOoONOOoOooOOoo/...........

IM GONNA BE FAMOUS!!!! hahaha....

cant relly say im absolutely happy to be back.. my happiness is only tainted coz im feeling very very veryyyyy guilty that im not working on my ext eng stuff ... distracting myself and all the usual stuff i do......

so whats happen' angels?!!!!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'm hoping to do Media Communications/Law at UTS if i get the mark. While I probably don't see myself making film as a career, I think it'd be a great course to do - and hey, everyone has interests so why not get a degree to go with eh?

Besides, i'm pretty into film/animation especially claymation and flash, so maybe I'll end up using those skills for some web-design to help feed me through uni? Who knows :)

HSC
I did wanna become an actor before...but i'm leaning more towards directing so yeh, i wanna become a director in theatre then hopefully for film:) As if that's gonna happen, i don't even know the camera works n stuff in film, haha~ But anything in the entertainment industry interests me, like media and communications and stuff:)

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Drama be da bomb

Acting is my passion but i want to study all aspects of Theatre.
I'm also lookin to explore directing, musical theatre and script writing.....

Speaking of writing (*remembers that i'm supposed to be doing my Ext Eng 2 MW.....*Panics*)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i want to do theatre/film design one day, my dream is to go to NIDA and study design there.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Skillo said:
How very cool! Obviously for film (in reference to your signature...)...
yeah for film... or tv even.. argh i dunno... its a scary thought... apparently the unemployment level for producers and the like is something like 98% but tis just a rumour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)