The world's simplest UAI estimator (1 Viewer)

Young'un

HSC
N/A
Anyone who's interested in a very simple UAI estimator - I have some easy to use tables. You basically find a score out of 20 for each subject (10 for 1 unit subjects) and add them up. If your scores out of 20 are similar, the result is quite accurate. If they are very different, it can be much less accurate. The main advantage is its simplicity and ease of use.

Unfortunately I can't post the tables because the document is too big. Does anyone know what I could do?

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
Young'un said:
Anyone who's interested in a very simple UAI estimator - I have some easy to use tables. You basically find a score out of 20 for each subject (10 for 1 unit subjects) and add them up. If your scores out of 20 are similar, the result is quite accurate. If they are very different, it can be much less accurate. The main advantage is its simplicity and ease of use.

Unfortunately I can't post the tables because the document is too big. Does anyone know what I could do?
yo wats the site to look at those tables

Young'un

HSC
N/A
It's not on a site - I did them myself (simple using the information provided by UAC and some easy spreadsheet calculations).

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
Young'un said:
It's not on a site - I did them myself (simple using the information provided by UAC and some easy spreadsheet calculations).
the email u sent has no tables attached

Young'un

HSC
N/A
No, a single word document, about 200 kb. I've emailed it to you (if your email address is the same as your msn address).

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
Young'un said:
No, a single word document, about 200 kb. I've emailed it to you (if your email address is the same as your msn address).
same email.. i checked the email its only just 4 kb try again
:confused:

Young'un

HSC
N/A
Yes, but at one stage I was having real trouble with SAM and other people could be in the same situation. It wouldn't log in. These tables aren't as accurate as computerised systems but they are more foolproof.

They are really more for people who aren't on BoS - I made them up for my friends at school.

Plebeian

acmilan said:
Isnt it simpler just to type your results into SAM?
Well probably, you need proper aligned marks though... I don't what the advantage or factual basis of this guy's system is, just curious ... of course Laz will always be king of UAI calculating :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Young'un said:
Yes, but at one stage I was having real trouble with SAM and other people could be in the same situation. It wouldn't log in. These tables aren't as accurate as computerised systems but they are more foolproof.

They are really more for people who aren't on BoS - I made them up for my friends at school.
Then why not try JUAIseek?

Young'un

HSC
N/A
There are a few advantages:

*Can you think of how congested the internet seekers will be at 6:15 tomorrow morning!

*Some people don't like to go looking for things (particularly people not on BoS, so its a bit self defeating).

*You can see where your marks are coming from.

*You can see what sort of difference a couple of marks in various subjects would make without reentering and waiting.

*I thought it was fun to work them out.

I need to stress that it is NOT AS ACCURATE AS ANY OF THE GOOD ONES AND PARTICULARLY THAT THE ACCURACY IS VARIABLE! For many people, it will be quite good, for others it will be very wrong. This is because it is designed for simplicity and intuition, not technical correctness. It gives a rough indication to people who will have no idea (many of them at my school - people who do well but not brilliantly and aren't really sure where they fit on a statewide scale).

Mein

HSC
N/A
Here's a hot tip - Why not just wait till the UAIs are released on Saturday?

How will knowing what is potentially a wrong indication of your true mark, help you in any shape or form?

televators

HSC
SAM is good enough for me...just hope i get the 'dummy' marks i punch in regurlarly, heeheh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)