The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Katebrunner

HSC
^quake has got the procedure bang-on! That's how I do it as well, and its basically the most efficient way. Pretty much, it comes down to practice (i know, its a bloody, mind-numbingly booorrrring task). Make sure you take your time initially with the folds. If you rush it, the tickets will just tear and not come off cleanly, meaning you'll take 10x longer to do it (especially when there's a pile of 500-1000 of them for you to put up by yourself)

Seriously, there's an art of putting up tickets lol. It's an exclusively retail "skill" passed down through the generations haha. :haha:
I've never done tickets, but can't you just use a pair of scissors?

quake

HSC
N/A
I've never done tickets, but can't you just use a pair of scissors?
The paper is perforated so it can be ripped, but it still needs a good folding first. I guess a pair of scissors doesn't seem so bad for one page, but you have between 4000 and 7000 tickets to rip and that would take like a million years with a pair of scissors, and it would be hard to get them in the right order, and you'd probably get carpal tunnel or whatever.

wooliesfreak

HSC
Is anybody able to tell me what the chances are of getting Supervisor numbers,
I am full time and 16 (yes that's right I've let school early) and have been here since late 2014 and would like to do the things that supervisors do like count tills, respond to bells and do refunds for example, I often fill in on smokeshop so I have that down pat.

wooliesfreak

HSC
In Parcel Pickup mode what is a Parcel ID? Just tried putting random numbers/letters in and it comes up "Invalid ID".

We've been doing parcel pickups for years without using the thingy under "Nontrade" at the register, just wondering the process about going about it, cause there is literally nothing descriptive on Storenet about it.

So each trolley should have a number on it, the I.D has to be 4 numbers long so lets say it's Trolley 1 type in TR0001 and you have to add TR first for trolley, if it's trolley 1000 then put TR1000 but it must have TR and be 4 digits long

T_Knight

HSC
I am full time and 16 (yes that's right I've let school early) and have been here since late 2014 and would like to do the things that supervisors do like count tills, respond to bells and do refunds for example, I often fill in on smokeshop so I have that down pat.
It's possible i guess, maybe if you're a really mature type and have previously demonstrated you can handle responsibility or in the strange event that all the supervisors transferred and no one's there to put their hand up....then its highly unlikely. Being supervisor means you need to have a strong "presence" not just with all the frontend staff, but in dealing with annoying customers and shoplifters. A more realistic approach would be to start taking open or close shifts if you can - that'll be a good indicator to whether you are comfortable with the leadership, then see how it goes from there.

And not too sure how you'd be allowed on smokeshop. In our state at least, you can't be on smokeshop till you turn 18 (obviously because underage persons can't supply alcohol or tobacco).

wooliesfreak

HSC
It's possible i guess, maybe if you're a really mature type and have previously demonstrated you can handle responsibility or in the strange event that all the supervisors transferred and no one's there to put their hand up....then its highly unlikely. Being supervisor means you need to have a strong "presence" not just with all the frontend staff, but in dealing with annoying customers and shoplifters. A more realistic approach would be to start taking open or close shifts if you can - that'll be a good indicator to whether you are comfortable with the leadership, then see how it goes from there.

And not too sure how you'd be allowed on smokeshop. In our state at least, you can't be on smokeshop till you turn 18 (obviously because underage persons can't supply alcohol or tobacco).
Yeah mate well I am in QLD so I can do smokeshop but I don't know about being able to adjust my contract to do a close seeing that i'm full time

Katebrunner

HSC
Unlikely bro. Ask your boss though

Ninja_W

HSC
N/A
I'm a 17yo Male service supervisor / SSA also training to be a fill in SSO. I also do full time uni. Just keep working hard and you'll get somewhere soon.

undertides

HSC
Bunch of new hires at my store, down to one shift a week. Time to start looking elsewhere, I guess.

Flash Delirium

HSC
N/A
I miss the old radio. :( I miss Showtime on the hour, I miss the Aussie music and strangely I miss songs being cut off after 3 seconds just so an ad can play.

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Tonight was unusually busy. Some nightfillers had to jump onto the registers to help with the flow haha

duhdevitt

HSC
Hey guys, I recently did my interview at woolies and I got a message and email from woolies saying to upload your right to work, even though I showed it during the interview (which was last Friday). Is this normal at woolies

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

astroman

HSC
So after 6 months of applying I've gotten a job for nightfill. I've edited my application so that I accept my employment but haven't got the email of confirmation, anyone know whats going on or is it supposed to take some time?

nanakid12

HSC
Tonight was unusually busy. Some nightfillers had to jump onto the registers to help with the flow haha
This is us like all the time.

I like the new radio! There's a lot of the old stuff, but a lot of new stuff as well! They've been playing 5, 6, 7, 8 a lot lately though ha

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
Go to WowCareers (just google it if you don't have the link) and you'll be able to check your roster online through there. It's suggested that you check the physical roster in store though since that one is much more reliable. Login to WowCareers using your Google+ accpunt which your store should've given you (it's an @stores.woolworths.com.au email IIRC).

Your payroll number is a six digit combonation of numbers. You use it when you sign on using the finger scanner and for payslips. If you don't have it yet, you'll get it soon don't worry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)