The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Not even borderline, the courts would be all over that!
Its quite hard to prove. Kinda when employers don't hire say for example asian people. Like if they say it, then its very gg. But outside that, not clear evidence that suggests that.

T_Knight

HSC
Does anyone know how to access our playslips? Cannot figure out this thing at all. :confused: Logged into the allyours replacement, successfactors and all its showing is an employee profile at 0% and job postings (can't find payslips or rosters anywhere). And whats the deal with a google+ account? In allyours, cant find any no clear instructions on how to access payslip other than this WOW people portal thing which seems to require google+ (don't need more social network stuff if i've got facebook and twotter already)

If anyone can post up simple step-by-step instructions on how to 'just' retrieve your payslip and weekly roster (without signing up to a million unnecessary platforms which i'll never use anyway), would be appreciated!

TheStu1

HSC
So... I just finished hsc and looking for a new job. Two spots came up for woolies in my town, i applied online for both. Just wondering how long the ads stay up on the recruitment website before they are taken down and people are called up for interviews or do they call up while the ad is there. And how long do they wait until they call people up for the interview, do they let you if you didnt get a interview aswell. (The 2 ads were put up on the 7th, i applied the 8th, and they are still up)

nanakid12

HSC
Haven't been on here in a few weeks ha.

NEVER explain mental issues to managers.

Fast track way of getting fired .
Yeah right mate.

Hey guys, can someone please tell how to print out the load list for cigarettes & how to recieve them. Also how do u do a fill stock check for them & how do u print it out.

Thanks
No idea how to receive the load. But to print out the list of cigarette deliveries, once the load has been received, you go into ISIS, go reports, from the dropdown go "All" then go Detailed Received Order.

Next part, you have to go through the list of orders, pretty sure it will have the date and the warehouse it was delivered from? Not that we've had to print this in so long, but at my store it comes up something like eg. 15/11/15 BRISBANE-SECURITY-AEROSOLS... I just remember it says "SECURITY" in there. If you're from another state or something, it might be different.
Then change the department to "Cigarettes". You might also have to click "Detail" if there is a check box for it, but that may be just for the Gap Scan report...
Hope that helps!

EDIT: Just curious, does anyones stores still go through and check each smoke order that we get to ensure we have received the correct amount? We used to back when I first started supervising but haven't for ages!

If anyone can post up simple step-by-step instructions on how to 'just' retrieve your payslip and weekly roster (without signing up to a million unnecessary platforms which i'll never use anyway), would be appreciated!
WOW People portal is going to replace All Yours, so it'd be best to sign up now to Google+ account to avoid the hassle down the track. There's not much on there now, but you can see store rosters. Apparently it's how you will apply for Annual Leave and stuff like that too, sometime in the future. But there's not much there atm.
Should still be able to get your payslips on Allyours though. Although I think I read something about SA Supermarkets (along with Big W, Masters etc) stores switching to SuccessFactors? If you're from there? Probably would talk to your manager if thats the case.

Brad727

HSC
A quick question for you guys,
I had my 1st call in sick day (called the night before) due to having a virus on Saturday and Sunday (my fixed shift is 0930-1830) but for some reason changed to 0800-1700.
I've never had a 'sickie' before accept for 7 days off I had to have due to an operation (I got paid) so I'm unsure of the procedures, will I get paid for this day off if I do/don't have a doctors certificate? Annoyed that it had to happen on a Sunday as it makes up around 30% of my payslip. lol
just curious.

BSammy

HSC
A quick question for you guys,
I had my 1st call in sick day (called the night before) due to having a virus on Saturday and Sunday (my fixed shift is 0930-1830) but for some reason changed to 0800-1700.
I've never had a 'sickie' before accept for 7 days off I had to have due to an operation (I got paid) so I'm unsure of the procedures, will I get paid for this day off if I do/don't have a doctors certificate? Annoyed that it had to happen on a Sunday as it makes up around 30% of my payslip. lol
just curious.
You get two days without a certificate paid.
If you had a certificate for the week off then you should be fine now, but I'd check with your office to make sure they paid you.

FrontendFreak

HSC
Had to call in sick for my supervision shift tomorrow, I hate having the flu! Hopefully I don't have to call in sick on Sunday because I'd really like the Sunday rates this week!

Mythos

HSC
so i got an interview for the role of fresh food team member at woolies. Any advice on what to wear and what to expect in the interview?
thanks

subtekjr

HSC
So this Saturday we had both our kids missing from taking the day off. So we had to run Produce with myself filling the entire store, my boss on watermelon all day and our other full timer doing fresh cuts for like 6 hours.

I was so tired from filling like crazy, and we only just got the load away. We're supposed to run the department with 7 or 8, rostered on for 5 (soon 6) and had 3 there.

Even still, the store was FULL all day. I think I deserve a raise tbh.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
so i got an interview for the role of fresh food team member at woolies. Any advice on what to wear and what to expect in the interview?
thanks
i just wore a buttoned shirt and business pants.

they gonna ask u why u wanna join, might ask u about how to resolve a mock customer situation.

idk really know, coz my interview was like 2 mins then i got the job.

bernie14

HSC
Hey guys, quick payslip question. On my payslips I have a section at the very bottom that says 'RA RSTG950', and then it has a dollar amount. Does anyone know what this is? It doesn't contribute to my actual pay, so I'm unsure, as are a few other people at my store that I was talking to.

Also, did everyone get their backpay tonight? I got $81, but taxed down to $66. Better than nothing lol

T_Knight

HSC
I can answer both those questions for you.

First one with the 'RA RSTG950' pay code on your payslip refers to your superannuation. Woolworths (as are all companies obligated by Australian law) pay you a superannuation contribution into your super fund (once you enter the workforce and earn more than $350 a month). Basically 9.5% of your income you earned that month is paid by woolies ON TOP of your normal wages into REST super (which is nominated retail members super fund woolies and most other retail companies use ... stands for retail-enterprise-super-trust i think. Anyway, when you had you're induction and filled out TFN and gave other documents to them, they also would have set up your super fund account (if you didn't already have one).

Second part about backpay ... when there's a payment error that needs to be corrected by your pay clerk, you usually get backpayed at the beginning of next month (whenever the first tuesday night of the next month is). I presume its for accounting purposes by streamlining all payment discrepancies that affected all employees across your store. So that beginning the next month, all payment errors affecting anyone get adjusted via backpay. Well, thats been the experience at my store.

Hope that explains it. :cool:

BSammy

HSC
Second part about backpay ... when there's a payment error that needs to be corrected by your pay clerk, you usually get backpayed at the beginning of next month (whenever the first tuesday night of the next month is). I presume its for accounting purposes by streamlining all payment discrepancies that affected all employees across your store. So that beginning the next month, all payment errors affecting anyone get adjusted via backpay. Well, thats been the experience at my store.
This back pay is from the interim wage increase. They haven't agreed on a new EBA yet. Once it's agreed to and we know what wage we should actually be getting, we might even get another back pay.

Katebrunner

HSC
thanks
Depends if your a boy or girl. If your a boy you can wear a suit but without a tie. That looks hot.
If your a girl you can wear like a nice going out dress.

Ninja_W

HSC
N/A
How fast can you guys spot check a register? I did 7 registers (also one twice), so make that 8 in about 30 minutes tonight. Curious to know how fast you other people are.

bernie14

HSC
How fast can you guys spot check a register? I did 7 registers (also one twice), so make that 8 in about 30 minutes tonight. Curious to know how fast you other people are.
Really depends on what's in the register. If all the notes are nice and straight and not crumpled up, and there aren't heaps and heaps of coins, can take a few minutes or less.

However sometimes there's an obscene amount of coinage (one register I did a couple of weeks ago had 135 (!!!) 5c coins. Was a pain in the ass to count. Also the little plastic divider things for the coins are broken on some of our tills, so the $1 and $2 coins share the same slot and you have to sort the coins out individually which is a pain and takes up some time.

bernie14

HSC
Last week our store was forced by the local council to lock our trolleys up outside, forcing customers to use a gold coin or one of the special tokens. We were one of the only stores in the area that I know of to still have trolleys not locked. So far customer feedback hasn't been very pleasant. Today a guy walked in and asked what the go was, told him he needed a token (we had run out because we'd given so many away) or gold coins (said he had no cash on him). Told him I would go outside and unlock one for him with our trolley key, but a worker standing next to me told me we aren't allowed. So the customer arked up and said 'So you're telling me to take my money elsewhere?"

Said that he could get cash-out for a $2 coin to put in the trolley, said he didn't want to do that, so I finally relented and said I'd just unlock one for him, despite the continued protests from the worker standing next to me.

What would you guys suggest in that situation? I clarified with our service manager and she said next time she'd prefer I didn't unlock one for him. Not sure if she's telling me that I should've told him "Sorry, you don't have coins or a token so go elsewhere".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)