The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
When looking at rosters on All Yours, does anyone know what it means when a shift has an "X" in the top right hand corner?

Also, Whats the deal with penalty rates for Easter? in WA.

mxp67

HSC
Hi, I have an interview on Monday with the store manager and was wondering what kind of questions would be thrown at me?

nanakid12

HSC
When looking at rosters on All Yours, does anyone know what it means when a shift has an "X" in the top right hand corner?

Also, Whats the deal with penalty rates for Easter? in WA.
I have seen that before it hasn't happened in ages to us so no idea sorry.

nanakid12

HSC
Hi, I have an interview on Monday with the store manager and was wondering what kind of questions would be thrown at me?
Can't really remember my interview, but it was with department manager. Questions aren't hard, but just general stuff "why do you want to work at Woolworths" "why do you think you would be best for the job" blah blah blah.

That sort of stuff

T_Knight

HSC
do they still have the allyours discussion thread?
Yep it's still there, but its dead save for competitions where the winning response gets a lame prize.

Pretty sure is that the 'X' marked for that shift denotes a person that has been trained to perform multiple job functions (multi-mode) beyond their prescribed title. For instance, whilst my job title is plain old "team member" some days and "smokeshop attendant" for the others, I'm also trained for SCO and team support so will fill in as relief when we're shortstaffed.

As such, the 'x' is an easy way for the department manager to visually scan the number of "trained" support staff he or she has available in adttion to the staff with the official title ... in their department for that day/week. Because solely looking at "job title" is misleading for those who can do other roles in relief situations.

Well thats my understanding of it. :smile:

BSammy

HSC
yeah by the looks of it the X means this shift is not this persons normal job.

IAmFemmeFatale

HSC
I am going to sound really really really dumb but what do I put in the "amount used" box when trying to use the subsidy to order the new shirt?

I feel so silly but I thought I better ask, do I get the free shirt or is the offer over?

Thankyou =]

T_Knight

HSC
You're still in luck i think. The complimentary shirt offer was apparently extended again till 30th April by Woolworths & Total Image Group.

Just add the 2 shirts to your shopping cart, then press 'use subsidy' to enter the amount equal to one of those shirts. That way, the subsidy should therefore deduct the price of one shirt off your total order amount. Just double-check that total updated correctly before placing the order. Hope that helps.

BSammy

HSC
if it helps, i think next to the box to enter the subsidy there is a number saying "available subsidy" or something like that.

LDW

HSC
N/A
Ok I got some results. It turns out that he was wrong just like he always was however there is a catch. He told me that I was right however because I didn't give 4 weeks notice when I in fact did, I cant take annual leave. I explained to him I did, its just he got to organizing it all a week late. I told him then that I am away and that I cant come under any circumstance. He suggested trying to swap shifts with someone however only 4 people are not rostered, 2 being unavalible. If I can't find a swap, can I take the day off anyway? I will make sure he knows I wont show up but if I get info it could be handy.
Your DM is completely wrong and I suspect just hoping you aren't aware of your entitlements for the sake of making it easier for him/herself.

Yeah, like see if someone can do your shift. but if they can't then THAT DOESN'T TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHT TO A DAY OFF.

So sure, make a couple of phone calls, but it won't make a difference to your circumstances.

The agreement doesn't even mention the amount of notice your'e supposed to give (because it doesn't matter). It just says Public Holidays are completely voluntary.
Correct. In fact, the DM should be requesting for volunteers for the day - all work on a public holiday as per the agreement is voluntary. If you don't wish to work then you should be paid as per your contract at the ordinary rate (and depending on state, with any applicable loadings i.e. no loss of pay) - it does not come out of your annual leave.

Oh, it doesn't? I didn't check but I just assumed they were talking about the same clause as it is for New Years Eve, similar situation to what I had. I have them two weeks notice instead of four and they didn't approve it, so I had to work my 7pm-midnight shift.
This is different as they are not public holidays as per the agreement (unless otherwise proclaimed by a state/territory/locality) - the company is within rights to enforce normal contracted hours if they cannot find volunteers to replace.

HSC
Just wondering if study leave effects annual leave. I am taking study leave in 5 weeks time as I have a few major exams happening at uni. Anyhow, its been ages since I took study leave that I forgot about it. I am traveling to europe for a month later this year so I need my annual leave too. Basically my question is study leave paid and also does it affect any annual leave or are they completly different types of leave?

HSC
Your DM is completely wrong and I suspect just hoping you aren't aware of your entitlements for the sake of making it easier for him/herself.

Correct. In fact, the DM should be requesting for volunteers for the day - all work on a public holiday as per the agreement is voluntary. If you don't wish to work then you should be paid as per your contract at the ordinary rate (and depending on state, with any applicable loadings i.e. no loss of pay) - it does not come out of your annual leave.

This is different as they are not public holidays as per the agreement (unless otherwise proclaimed by a state/territory/locality) - the company is within rights to enforce normal contracted hours if they cannot find volunteers to replace.
Doesn't matter. I got what I wanted in the end. The boss took leave so we got a relief boss who is so much better. He actually understands the things when you explain it to hin.

Tragesty

HSC
New deli shirts finally arrived today. Turns out that wearing a small in the old uniform for years and just choosing to purchase a small again wasn't the brighest idea - shirts tight as can be :mad2: Return form mentions 4-6 weeks for exchange, wonder if given it's just a white shirt with the Woolies logo wearing a generic white shirt will suffice during that time?

T_Knight

HSC
Woo-hoo! Glad the Easter long weekend period is over. How did everyone pull up from it?? Oh and there's definitely some sorta illness going around judging from the increasing number of coughing/throat-clearing customers. Some people "really" need to learn to cover their mouth while coughing and not "directly" into someones face. Ugggh.

Can't complain though cause got plenty of reasons to smile i.e checking payslip on allyours for Easter week's work = winning :D. Heck this week will probably be even better. Might get close to cracking 4 figures after tax (thank you Easter Monday and Anzac Day! Bonus since im only a part-timer). Guess the tricky part will be summoning all the discipline in the world to leave it alone in the bank lol.

Anyway, hope those who worked or will work public hols get fairly remunerated for their efforts!! :guitar: Especially with the recent news of politicians proposing to abolish/diminish penalty rates. smh.

nanakid12

HSC
Wish our store opened on public holidays... :( only public holiday we were open was Easter Saturday, and I didn't get to work :/

I will be so mad if they get rid of penalty rates

BSammy

HSC
Oh yeah, before tax hit over $1000 last week, and looking like over $1500 this week.

Big week this week, 43 hours at least. (2.5.2 in the agreement says that's ok in the weeks around easter, just need to not go over the 4 week total of 144 hours.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)