The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Katebrunner

HSC
Bit of trouble in store yesterday with some drunk racists bogans. They proceeded to cause problems with our Somali worker who is like the nicest guy ever. Security had to get involved, very exciting!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

nanakid12

HSC
so i just got shown how to do put through large orders, u know when people from local organisations, schools etc. come through with order forms and you have to fill it in on the carbon paper, and one copy goes to the customer, one get put in the big folder, and the other under the cash draw on the register etc etc.

Im still a little hazy on the process tho, could someone talk me through in steps? thanksss
Is that for Customer Accounts?

We have 1 customer account at our store, haha it makes it incredibly easy :)

Tapatalk is actually so much better to post from on my phone.

EDIT: I looked up the official staff discount card policy on Storenet, I'm fairly sure we are 'officially' supposed to hold the discount card, or at least not allow it to be scanned, if it someone else other than the cardholder using it.

Last edited:
HSC
Does anyone know the process of transfering stores using success factors? Im looking at changing stores and even looking at changing departments. As im sure some are aware woolworths has a new recruitment site, and I would like to know what are the differences?

Katebrunner

HSC
Does anyone know the process of transfering stores using success factors? Im looking at changing stores and even looking at changing departments. As im sure some are aware woolworths has a new recruitment site, and I would like to know what are the differences?
I'm pretty interested in this too, I'm so sick of friends etc looking down on me for working at woolies. I'd like to go to a more fancy division like Big W, I think I'd get more regard there. Has anyone made the move between divisions??

HSC
I'm pretty interested in this too, I'm so sick of friends etc looking down on me for working at woolies. I'd like to go to a more fancy division like Big W, I think I'd get more regard there. Has anyone made the move between divisions??

Im not so bothered about changing division. My local Big W is in the same shopping centre as where I currently work. I am just looking at changing into my local store. Currently there is only one role available which I have done before and didn't enjoy. I would rather continue doing inventory or even advance to store services, but chances are that won't happen until I've been too the store for some time.

Katebrunner

HSC
What does the "W" in Big W stand for anyway? Is it "woolworths"?

Katebrunner

HSC
Im not so bothered about changing division. My local Big W is in the same shopping centre as where I currently work. I am just looking at changing into my local store. Currently there is only one role available which I have done before and didn't enjoy. I would rather continue doing inventory or even advance to store services, but chances are that won't happen until I've been too the store for some time.
Store services is not an advancement unless it's SSO. There is no one department that is more advanced than another, am I right?

HSC
In my opinion it is. Its a role that requires a bit og training and you have to learn some administrative skills. Sure SSO is the most advanced out of this but SSA I think still provides a bit of advancement. Im not that bothered about bein SSA yet but in a year I would like a bit of change.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Katebrunner

HSC
In my opinion it is. Its a role that requires a bit og training and you have to learn some administrative skills. Sure SSO is the most advanced out of this but SSA I think still provides a bit of advancement. Im not that bothered about bein SSA yet but in a year I would like a bit of change.

Fair enough, although we have had brand new staff go straight into SSA before - but I think they had previous office admin experience. Personally I'd hate to be cooped up in that little office all day.

How come you want to change store? Are you moving to a different area?

HSC
Not moving to a different area but aload of my favorite managers have gone or will be by the end of this year. I also fancy a change in stores. I do like majority of the team at my current store but I know a few of my best team mates are looking to transfer. I just fancy a change really and I have done a few shifts in my current store in the office abd its quite good. Usually your by yourself so theres no one boaaing you about.

Katebrunner

HSC
Does anyone know which roles report to the SM and which roles report to the ASM? I'm confused.

nanakid12

HSC
I consider both SM and ASM equal pretty much. if I have a question for the ASM, he knows whether he has the authority for it, or if he has to run it by the SM.

Our ASM is also our grocery and inventory manager so I'm sure it would be a very stressful job ha

Katebrunner

HSC
But who are they each in charge of? Like does the CSM report to the SM or the ASM?

Katebrunner

HSC
I could be wrong but the way I understand it is:
SM's direct reports:
- ASM
- CSM
- SSO
- Duty Managers.

ASM's direct reports:
- all long life DMs
- all fresh DMs
- back dock.

I wish I could find an org chart :/

BSammy

HSC
i don't think there are charts, but i think you can find role descriptions on storenet which list duties of various positions and who they report to and who reports to them

i don't have them memorised however so i can't repost it here

nanakid12

HSC
How do you guys deal with difficult customers who slip over on grapes?

One absolute bastard the other day slipped over and kept saying "I'm gunna sue you cunts for everything you've got!" (Turned out he was joking but I was worried at first... he was still pissed off though)

I had no idea what to say to that and the duty manager was no help either. He didn't require assistance. I was tempted to offer him a wish gift card or something ($3 voucher may have been a bit of an insult) but he ended up leaving.

Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)