The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

jirwin

HSC
I remember once having so many 30 packs of coke on my conveyor it wouldn't move.. literally. LOL. I tend to just lift it, cause i'm buff like that, i mean, i walk to my car carrying 2x 30packs!
I've had something similar happen with heaps of bottles being placed on the belt. I'm not against cartons due to their weight, just the awkwardness of having to pick them up and move them around and over registers, scales and bag racks. Also when I pick up a carton I usually bend down to pick it up, this isn't possible when trying to pick up off the belt which is more at stomach height and thus makes it so awkward.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
No offence but you guys should come into produce and try your hand at lifting 20 - 30kg crates.

Although I guess on checkouts it isn't so much the weight of the product but the awkwardness of it. So ignore my flippent comment :)
or try stacking some milk! 9x2L bottles may not seem that heavy but once you've stacked 60, 5 high, along with another 40 6x3L they get pretty freakin heavy!

Mannequin25

HSC
I have been working at Woolworths in Nambucca Heads for 2.5 years now and I'm loving it every moment of it!!

My main departments at Woolworths is Checkouts, Produce, Deli.
BUT I'm always helping out in Nightfill, Groceries and Perishable.
I'm never working in the Meat Unit because I hate the smell.. HAHA!!

When I applied for Woolies, I filled out an application form online. Store Manager gave me a call & told me to come in for an interview, after the interview they told me to attend an induction Ceremony in Coffs Harbour for 9 hours!!
And got the job :) EASY!! :tongue:

One of the many good things of working with Woolworths is that when you want to move towns, e.g when finishing school, you can transfer to any store you want :)

I love having a job when being at school because it gives me a break from school work and stress..

I encourage everyone to apply for Woolworths when you get the chance because you never know where you will end up!! Maybe Store Manager one day :haha:

did you guys lose many people to Macksville (which from memory was to open last monday??)

lol ITS FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION ESSENTIALS CARDS!!! i had a lady abuse me on the phone today because she bought cigs from us today (using a essentials card...) which cost her $21. They used to be $18. She wanted to know when we raised our ticket prices, cause she saw on tv (cough) that we werent allowed to raise our ticket prices until we had sold all our cartons and she was coming back for a refund cause that was too high. I told her no, that we cant do refunds on cigarettes and that she shouldnt have been allowed to use an essentials card on it anyway. She abused the hell out of me and said she was going to consumer affairs. lol.

oooh and i got a $20 wish card today from my csm :angel: we got 96% on mystery shop, and i was both the person that served the lady (it must have been busy lol) and i was also the person who showed her to the product that she was looking for. It was the first time we'd ever beaten Coles and its the highest weve ever gotten. (you may recall me saying our last one was rather dismal.....like 16% i think?). But im pissed off cause i wanted 2 days off over easter (monday and tuesday) and she wouldnt let me have it. And they are only bloody operator shifts :evilfire:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
re: 18/30pk cans, i refused to scan them, and if they complained said doing so was a breach of Occupational Health an Safety Regulations.

I used to use OH&S for a lot of things. e.g. (sorry, cant use our bathroom, OH&S issue)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Tomorrow is Easter Thursday. Bakery is struggling due to insane amount of Hot Cross Buns starting back in January!
Tomorrow we have a 28 hour production of bread, with 16 hours of bakers being paid.
The Bakery is being screwed, as they decided YESTERDAY to change our layout to allow our ONE FUCKING PERCENT GP produce department to expand in space dramatically.
We are expecting to be wiped out by customers tomorrow.

On top of that, we were told today, that our area manager will be visiting. Not only will he be visiting, but our regional manager will also be visiting. And Greg Foran will be visiting with the pair of them.
Joy.

ALSO Woolies fails at it's 100 Days LTI free policy.... 19 LTIs reported YESTERDAY. That's 26 in the first 10 days of the 100 days free. An average of 2.6/day at this time, compared with the 1.7/day average regularly ;)

PyroTek

HSC
HAVE FUN! is all i can say.
I love how my work just HAS to call me in on my days off. Can I not have a constant 2 days off?

HSC
Has anyone else got a breakdown of the LTI's/other injuries in their region for this financial year? Even though I'm not an LTI, I'm still on that list. Our FT back dock guy was reading it aloud when we were on lunch, read mine, and my CSM and I pissed ourselves laughing. He was a bit confused....

There are some stupid stupid injuries on that though. Like a checkout operator who "randomly gets back pain", is that an injury or is that 90% of all checkout operators?

My CSM must have taken her happy pills today, she was nice all day. She even gave out the extra hour and a half I needed for Saturday, even after nontrade gave me extra hours. So for Sat I'm now doing 10-12 Nontrade (dunno what), 12-6.30 F/E with a half hour meal in there. Pretty good :)

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Has anyone else got a breakdown of the LTI's/other injuries in their region for this financial year? Even though I'm not an LTI, I'm still on that list. Our FT back dock guy was reading it aloud when we were on lunch, read mine, and my CSM and I pissed ourselves laughing. He was a bit confused....

There are some stupid stupid injuries on that though. Like a checkout operator who "randomly gets back pain", is that an injury or is that 90% of all checkout operators?

My CSM must have taken her happy pills today, she was nice all day. She even gave out the extra hour and a half I needed for Saturday, even after nontrade gave me extra hours. So for Sat I'm now doing 10-12 Nontrade (dunno what), 12-6.30 F/E with a half hour meal in there. Pretty good :)
Yea I saw your incident and I couldn't stop laughing along with everyone else from our store on the list. I couldn't believe that someone reported their "eye randomly started to sting whilst serving a customer", do you know anything about that one?

HSC
yes I do, I was there :)
(name edited seeing as I presume you've read it) was serving in smokeshop, and she occassionally has allergic reactions to the flowers. It was actually a pretty big deal, she had to have her eyes flushed out/eyedrops and everything.

Last edited:

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Tomorrow is Easter Thursday. Bakery is struggling due to insane amount of Hot Cross Buns starting back in January!
Tomorrow we have a 28 hour production of bread, with 16 hours of bakers being paid.
The Bakery is being screwed, as they decided YESTERDAY to change our layout to allow our ONE FUCKING PERCENT GP produce department to expand in space dramatically.
We are expecting to be wiped out by customers tomorrow.

On top of that, we were told today, that our area manager will be visiting. Not only will he be visiting, but our regional manager will also be visiting. And Greg Foran will be visiting with the pair of them.
Joy.

ALSO Woolies fails at it's 100 Days LTI free policy.... 19 LTIs reported YESTERDAY. That's 26 in the first 10 days of the 100 days free. An average of 2.6/day at this time, compared with the 1.7/day average regularly ;)
Bakery has been a nightmare with Easter for us as well. Last Saturday we didn't stop packing hot cross buns until 2:30pm. We close at 6pm and we are always having to reduce hot cross 50% a couple of hours before the store closes. It hardly seems worth it with production being so high.

bdude

HSC
Someone was telling me once that it's best to report even what you think is a minor injury so that if it gets worse you can prove that it was work-related for compensation purposes.

One of our checkout ladies is allergic to mango skins so uses a turned-in plastic bag to bag them.

bdude

HSC
Bakery has been a nightmare with Easter for us as well. Last Saturday we didn't stop packing hot cross buns until 2:30pm. We close at 6pm and we are always having to reduce hot cross 50% a couple of hours before the store closes. It hardly seems worth it with production being so high.
I love going into Woolies at night for the marked down hot cross buns. We never seem to have to do it, I guess we're just better :p

HSC
Someone was telling me once that it's best to report even what you think is a minor injury so that if it gets worse you can prove that it was work-related for compensation purposes.

One of our checkout ladies is allergic to mango skins so uses a turned-in plastic bag to bag them.
I wasn't going to report my shoulder (well I intended on an incident report, not neccessarily on a hospital visit), four months later we're still dealing with it.
But seriously, everyone gets back pain.

bdude

HSC
I wasn't going to report my shoulder (well I intended on an incident report, not neccessarily on a hospital visit), four months later we're still dealing with it.
But seriously, everyone gets back pain.
I get bad leg pain sometimes, I think I need to work on my posture.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I remember once having so many 30 packs of coke on my conveyor it wouldn't move.. literally. LOL. I tend to just lift it, cause i'm buff like that, i mean, i walk to my car carrying 2x 30packs!
Pfft, that's not buff. YES at belts not moving. Our registers are so old that that happens even if you have lots of 3L milk, you have to aggressively bash down on the belt and it awkwardly jerks along. Very noisy.

oooh and i got a $20 wish card today from my csm :angel: we got 96% on mystery shop, and i was both the person that served the lady (it must have been busy lol) and i was also the person who showed her to the product that she was looking for. It was the first time we'd ever beaten Coles and its the highest weve ever gotten. (you may recall me saying our last one was rather dismal.....like 16% i think?). But im pissed off cause i wanted 2 days off over easter (monday and tuesday) and she wouldnt let me have it. And they are only bloody operator shifts :evilfire:
100%!!!!! We got a certificate from Marty and everything. In the comments the shopper was basically like "i hearted everyone loved you all xoxoxo". We usually get 50-70% cos everyone's so derro.

Yea I saw your incident and I couldn't stop laughing along with everyone else from our store on the list. I couldn't believe that someone reported their "eye randomly started to sting whilst serving a customer", do you know anything about that one?
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We made 79k today (don't laugh!!) it's amazing for us. 25k between 6 and 9PM.
I sticky-taped tomorrows grid pages to the wall tonight and the CSM's got me down as being off register all day even though I'm on as an operator. Score.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
At Coles we aren't to markdown our hot cross buns. We aren't even allowed to mark down our bread. Does seem a waste as I know some customers specifically won't buy bread unless it is marked down because they feel they are getting a bargain.

Spare a thought for me and our $500k in sales tomorrow:(... Will be swamped. Although I am sure everyone will be the same... good luck!

HSC
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We made 79k today (don't laugh!!) it's amazing for us. 25k between 6 and 9PM.
I sticky-taped tomorrows grid pages to the wall tonight and the CSM's got me down as being off register all day even though I'm on as an operator. Score.
I was there when that girls eyes went weird, it was actually kind of freaky.

We have THREE supervisors on tomorrow night, actually as supervisors. CSM, normal thursday supervisor, and me. I only noticed when my name wasn't on the grids for tomorrow and I joked "ha am I not working tomorrow", and my CSM was like, no, you're supervising stupid.
They must have done some last minute editing. But four pages of operator grids + another with four supervisors and two smokeshop is pretty good :)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
But four pages of operator grids + another with four supervisors and two smokeshop is pretty good :)
crap, are the thursdays before good friday really that busy???
ive never worked it before but im doing 16.30-21.30 SCO/Operator tomorrow night... our SSM has been desperatly asking everyone to work tomorrow - glad i got uni and can only start at 4.30pm ;) hope its not too bad :S
what about the easter saturday - whats that generally like??

HSC
easter thursday is, in my experience, worse than christmas eve.
in my four easter thursdays i've done two 8-6's that were epicly busy (probably not helped because i was on mains all day), one in seafood that was cruisy cos i didn't know how to do anything but clean and then cash office, and tomorrow i'm apparantly supervising 5.30-9.30/10 (but i will be in express guaranteed).

Saturday is busy, but not as epic. Definitely busier than a normal saturday though, by a mile.

PyroTek

HSC
At Coles we aren't to markdown our hot cross buns. We aren't even allowed to mark down our bread. Does seem a waste as I know some customers specifically won't buy bread unless it is marked down because they feel they are getting a bargain.
In regards to bread, much of it is supplied by the supplier and is not something we can negotiate price with customers, it just gets claimed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)