The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Also I am like 99% sure I failed a mystery shopper today. The other 1% is that it was a Woolies staffmember who REALLY wanted me to ask them for their discount card. Lol.

HSC
Oh, and I haven't even worked today and customers have managed to annoy me. I was on the train on the way home from uni, when this random comes up to me and starts talking.

Woman: "I've been trying to work out where I know you from, where do I know you from, ahh yes, you work at Woolies at the shopping centre right"
Me: "uh, yeah"
Woman: "and you work with your sister? you have a sister right"
Me: "uh, my sister is 10, I certainly don't work with her" (I'm freaking out a bit at this point")
Woman: "no, you have another sister, you're always in the express bit together"

(I should point out at this point that everyone seems to think that me and another supervisor are related and look exactly the same, we look nothing alike except for both having glasses, being about the same height, and being really pale)

Me: "yeah, we're not related"
Woman: "No, you have to be, my husband said"
Me: "yeah, we're still not related"
Woman: "oh well, see you on thursday! Thats a heavy bag you're carrying there!"

I DID NOT even recognise this woman. Like we have a few regulars that I'd recognise if I saw them in public, but she was such a fricken weirdo.
Why do people like to make idiots of themselves?

Tahnee Milgate

HSC
I have been working at Woolworths in Nambucca Heads for 2.5 years now and I'm loving it every moment of it!!

My main departments at Woolworths is Checkouts, Produce, Deli.
BUT I'm always helping out in Nightfill, Groceries and Perishable.
I'm never working in the Meat Unit because I hate the smell.. HAHA!!

When I applied for Woolies, I filled out an application form online. Store Manager gave me a call & told me to come in for an interview, after the interview they told me to attend an induction Ceremony in Coffs Harbour for 9 hours!!
And got the job :) EASY!! :tongue:

One of the many good things of working with Woolworths is that when you want to move towns, e.g when finishing school, you can transfer to any store you want :)

I love having a job when being at school because it gives me a break from school work and stress..

I encourage everyone to apply for Woolworths when you get the chance because you never know where you will end up!! Maybe Store Manager one day :haha:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
^ Ha! "but my husband said".

Not as bad as i was getting off the plane in MELBOURNE and this old man was like "Long way from Woolworths Kings Meadows!" (old store). He then proceeded to talk to me the entire way into the city about having dinner with this hag who works there that i intensely dislike, but i of course didn't say that.

I am excited about supervision wednesday night, i have three operators til close (only happens twice a year), but not about being an operator on Saturday when i'm contracted as supervision all day.

ALSO megabitch about old CSM whose back as an operator, but keeps telling everyone what to do and acting as if she's the SSS. She's a nice person but GRRRRRR i was angry.

HSC
^ Ha! "but my husband said".

Not as bad as i was getting off the plane in MELBOURNE and this old man was like "Long way from Woolworths Kings Meadows!" (old store). He then proceeded to talk to me the entire way into the city about having dinner with this hag who works there that i intensely dislike, but i of course didn't say that.
I know, everyone around us could see that she was making an idiot of herself, but they may have been laughing at me, who knows?

Your story is def worse but.

massyboc

HSC
but not about being an operator on Saturday when i'm contracted as supervision all day.
i got my shift as supervision even though my Manager, 2IC and 3IC will be there cause i reminded them of my contract.
however, instead of getting 9:00-18:30 i got 5:30-15:00 :mad1:

Last edited:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
One of the many good things of working with Woolworths is that when you want to move towns, e.g when finishing school, you can transfer to any store you want :)

I love having a job when being at school because it gives me a break from school work and stress..

I encourage everyone to apply for Woolworths when you get the chance because you never know where you will end up!! Maybe Store Manager one day :haha:
They pay HR too much these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)