The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Really? Isn't she worried that her till will come up short and an investigation will be launched? :p
Investigations are only launched if its above $20.

Different stores have different needs/requirements. That might be the case in your store, but in my store, leaving the SCO area is fine (considering service desk is few steps away) IF the conditions permit.. If it is extremely busy, dont leave unless it's urrrgent obviously.
I wouldn't be leaving the SCO area if I couldn't/wasn't allowed/shouldn't, etc.
Not that we even have SCOs but I was under the impression that the attendant must stay in the area all the time (a part from breaks, obviously)

I've been spoken to so many times by our grocery manager about my 'angry calls'. Apparently it makes customers anxious.
Lolz. My CSM gets her shriek on when people aren't responding to Service 20s and her pitch annoys people so much that they serve to shut her up.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
To make it worse, I was giving it to an operator so she could go straight to her tea break. Sif ever do that again ;)
Wow, part of me wants to praise you for keeping your cool, but the other part of me wants to slap you for letting that [4 letter c word] steal something which was in your posession at the time.

You have NO idea what I would have acted like if somebody stole something which I was using, ESPECIALLY dislocating my shoulder?!
You'll seriously have no idea.

I hope you're ok?

HSC
Are you a member of the SDA union? If so contact them and they will be able to give you some advice and help you along the way. Seriously the woolworths workers comp insurers will try and screw you over and make out it was pre-existing or somehow your fault so they don't pay up. Also the union will most likely suggest that you don't see a company appointed doctor, as they have been known to side more with the company than the employee.
Part of the issue though with that is that there WAS a preexisting injury which possibly contributed to the dislocation - I have a medical condition that makes my joints far too flexible, so that force probably wouldn't have been an issue for anyone else. So actual workers comp is never going to be on my side.

But I'll probably get in touch with SDA.

HSC
Okay, so I've just had a look on the WorkCover WA site, and they make it very clear that you are only eligible for compo if you are unfit for work altogether - which I am not. I'm still capable of doing stuff, I have supervision shifts this week that I will be fine for as long as I do not have to serve.

But, by the looks of what workcover has outlined, I've done everything right so far. I'm more pissed off though that I'll have little hours for xmas week.

nzhomie

HSC
Re: Breaks..Here we (as in Department Managers) have to sign off our employees wages each day. So if xxx worked an extra hour but didn't ask too, I'd take that hour off etc. Same with breaks, if they took their half I write it in, if they didn't I don't. Do you guys not have that system, are all the wages just sent to the office straight away?
Pretty sure in AUS they are exception reports. Not sure how often they are done, i have only had to sign 2 when i was groceries on a couple of Sundays.

If we only take 30min out an hr break then we either leave 30 min early but we use the manual sign out sheet to say that we finished at our normal time. Or sometimes we just work the rest of the shift and they will just pay us for it.

RE signing on and off for breaks. I have worked at my store for 3 years and have never signed off for ANY of our breaks. They just deduct pay from us for the unpaid hour lunch we take.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Tea breaks (10-15 min breaks) - no, you don't sign off (paid).
Meal breaks (30-60 min breaks) - sign off (unpaid). Sign back on when done.
I never ever ever have been told to do this. In fact, not a single member of staff in my entire store does it. (Asked today, lol).

lols @ the bakery boy. I like the people in bakery. Easily the most fun department after deli, of course.
;)

ytrbut

HSC
Re: fingerscanner for lunches, I don't think I've signed in and out for lunch since some time before christmas 2008. It's been that long since I've done a shift that doesn't require a roster adjustment, so I figure I may as well just note my meal on that and not bother signing out. Plus it means I can just start my lunch whenever I get the impulse to do so, cos I don't have to bother walking all the way out the back to sign off, and I keep wallet/phone in my pocket anyways.

So, yeah...lunch sign-ins/outs aren't that critical, in my opinion.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I actually have a pretty interesting question.
If something happens to your woolworths shirt, are you allowed to go into work with a plain white business shirt as a last resort?

If you are/if youre not allowed, has anybody here needed to?

To be honest, if it was only for a short period (1-2 shifts), I don't see how it would be too big of a problem. At least you are actually working as opposed to cancelling your shift an hour before or 30 minutes before.

I think this will be good to know just incase.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
One of the guys in my dept has been told to wear a plain white shirt until his new shirts come in (as his old shirts are shredded).

groovygirl

HSC
borrow a shirt from the office if they havge any spare
i have to still place an order for a new shirt
some people in my store are starting to wear the new shirt
why cant shirt sizes be sent from company via store so its easy and payments made to the office

groovygirl

HSC
new finger scanner at my store is really annoying me it keeps saying 'remove finger' everytime i place my index finger in the finger scanner wtf

Craven

HSC
I AGREE!

Grr. My 10 - 165 was 7c diferent

I got told not to care about it by the other cashier when she got in, but before then i wasn't sure what to do.
Oh our morning was really annoying we had crazy cheques going on (for some reason there has been 2 cheques sitting in a register for as long as I can remember... whenever I've picked up a cheque in that register I've just unselected them... as even though they come up when you go to pickup something they are not actually expected in the register.... so the register was over in cheques as a result). Anyways, but someone this week did a pickup and didn't unselect those cheques so that was a hassle when I went to clear banking and was missing $700 in cheques lol.... then our WBS didn't balance... ours was $42.44 out, and then there was 56c difference between total sales on the WBS and total sales on the register spotcheck summary report (our SSS told us to look @ that) so then we were looking for $43. Turns out there was an EFT discrepancy earlier in the week of $43 that another lady shortbanked in the week.. (had an IT problem number outstanding)... SSS told us to do some crazy shortbanking stuff lol, didn't really think about what we were doing we just followed his steps lol and then we printed the WBS again and it balanced... hurrah, I have no idea how though! phew... that was fun....

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh our morning was really annoying we had crazy cheques going on (for some reason there has been 2 cheques sitting in a register for as long as I can remember... whenever I've picked up a cheque in that register I've just unselected them... as even though they come up when you go to pickup something they are not actually expected in the register.... so the register was over in cheques as a result). Anyways, but someone this week did a pickup and didn't unselect those cheques so that was a hassle when I went to clear banking and was missing $700 in cheques lol.... then our WBS didn't balance... ours was $42.44 out, and then there was 56c difference between total sales on the WBS and total sales on the register spotcheck summary report (our SSS told us to look @ that) so then we were looking for $43. Turns out there was an EFT discrepancy earlier in the week of $43 that another lady shortbanked in the week.. (had an IT problem number outstanding)... SSS told us to do some crazy shortbanking stuff lol, didn't really think about what we were doing we just followed his steps lol and then we printed the WBS again and it balanced... hurrah, I have no idea how though! phew... that was fun....
i love SSS's like that, they're just like

"lol, random shortbanks that you've never used, thar FIX'D"

bensneddon

HSC
i love SSS's like that, they're just like

"lol, random shortbanks that you've never used, thar FIX'D"
haha yeah love it how they can tell you off the top of their head, usually while they're driving!

Shortbank 3555 is usually the magical one for EFT problems :)

Craven

HSC
I was actually quite surprised because up until now the SSS (he's only new) has been a big idiot, lol.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
My current store manager (male) used to be the SSS.

Now we have a body with a vagina attached from WA. Maybe babikakez knows her?

Today was v. busy. My second last shift at my current store. Got many hugz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)