The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

danberg

HSC
bump ^

---

This probably sounds stupid, but I need to be refreshed with home deliveries. I usually only work nights (close shifts on weekdays and weekends).

I know how to do a home delivery via the register (nontrade > home del > enter/confirm customer details, etc etc)
What happens after that though? There are slips in the draw with like reference numbers on them isn't there? Do we use those, or do we just put the shopping on the trolly after we do the register home delivery?
Its actually really easy, but call service 10 if u need help.
After doing the details on the screen just make sure you separate cold and frozen items from the rest (separate bags) and on each bag put a sticker with the same code
you dont need to write down the details anymore, as its all on the computer
Just call perishables to store the cold and frozen stuff, just make sure all bags have a sticker with the same code on it.
THE END!

Craven

HSC
They were taken at Highpoint Shopping Center, Melbourne. I remember these registers from when I was a child, really bizarre, all facing the same direction. I was gonna take some of the smokes counter but there were too many customers around lol...

The place was pretty run down though. The fridges were dark blue and all the metal around the produce was light green. The place is in real need of a proper refit IMO.

But yeah would be great to see pics from everyone else

EDIT: My friends think I'm obsessed and wierd lol
that is exactly what my store used to look like, right down to the black and white checkerboard tiles.... and now it looks like the new store in your pics, lol. :p

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Hehe true.

Although everyone at our store are very tight with that. When the last register person signs off (and people are still in the store), they announce:

"Attention all customers, this store has closed, no more customers will be served, please make your way to the exits at the front of the store, thank you"

We make a 30 min's call, 20 min call, 15, 10, 5, 2, then a closed call. It's not like they don't get enough warning.
Lucky You. We close the doors at 5/6/9(depending on the closing time). After Approx. 10 Minutes, They do the following Announcement:

"Attention Customers.As the time is now past X O`clock,this store is officially closed. Please assist us by making your way towards the checkouts to finalise your purchases. Thank you for shopping at Woolworths XXX."

That`s it. Last Thursday Night,we closed at 9. It took til 9.30(our knock-off time!) to close the last doors. And THEN I had to start cashing up SCO. I clocked off at 10pm,30 mins after my shift was meant to end. :(

Hope this week is better!

HSC
Lucky You. We close the doors at 5/6/9(depending on the closing time). After Approx. 10 Minutes, They do the following Announcement:

"Attention Customers.As the time is now past X O`clock,this store is officially closed. Please assist us by making your way towards the checkouts to finalise your purchases. Thank you for shopping at Woolworths XXX."

That`s it. Last Thursday Night,we closed at 9. It took til 9.30(our knock-off time!) to close the last doors. And THEN I had to start cashing up SCO. I clocked off at 10pm,30 mins after my shift was meant to end. :(

Hope this week is better!
a regular thurs night has me leaving approx 10.15 now that we have to close as per phoenix, its usually allright when i start at 6 but the day i did that 11-10.15 shift i was dead for a few days after.

Otacon2009

HSC
I don't understand how it takes long to close. On the rare occassion a customer overstays the 11pm closure, I would order the customer over the PA to get out and if they don't go through the checkouts in 5 minutes, our duty manager would evict them. Somehow, no matter how big a last minute shop is, everything from Self Serves to Checkouts is done by 2315 and out at that time.

HSC
I don't understand how it takes long to close. On the rare occassion a customer overstays the 11pm closure, I would order the customer over the PA to get out and if they don't go through the checkouts in 5 minutes, our duty manager would evict them. Somehow, no matter how big a last minute shop is, everything from Self Serves to Checkouts is done by 2315 and out at that time.
Its harder in stores that don't have late closes, ours are 5/6/9pm, so people are still willing to shop that little bit longer. Plus because its still busy you still have 12+ spot checks to do, plus organise your lousy operators, AND supposedly reports. Much more pressure than before.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hmm, maybe it's different policies but our store closes at 10pm every day, and the Supervisors start around 8:00 cashing up. Usually they'll close Express first, then around 9:00 close 2 big lanes so they're only left with 2 big lanes, and around 9.45 close the 2nd to last big lane and as soon as it hits 10:00 they jump on the last big lane.

While all that is going on the late night Grocery fillers are making sure no one is in the store, they lock up the back yard, close all roller doors. Freezers/Chillers are closed at around 10 to 10, the DM is ready at the Cash office door to put the money in the safe and wallah gone by 10:10pm.

It really is a team effort to get everyone home ASAP.

groovygirl

HSC
fuck i hate my CSM. she wont let me cancel my saturday5pm -10pm shift and there is noone to
swap it with cos something came up with my family and she said noone can cancel a shift leading upto christmas like wtf i called up to cancel like 2 days before and still cant find someone for me to swap it with nor can i cancel this is so unfair. im not in a good mood now.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
fuck i hate my CSM. she wont let me cancel my saturday5pm -10pm shift and there is noone to
swap it with cos something came up with my family and she said noone can cancel a shift leading upto christmas like wtf i called up to cancel like 2 days before and still cant find someone for me to swap it with nor can i cancel this is so unfair. im not in a good mood now.
You can swap shifts coming up to Christmas. Basically if you can find someone to swap it should be fine, but don't expect your CSM to find someone to replace you, there is literally 0 down time for stuff like this in the weeks leading up to Xmas.

groovygirl

HSC
^ I hate when that happens, you can always tell your service manager
she is my service manager. i want to cancel my shift cos i have a family christmas bbq. i only had two rostered on shifts this week which were both on the weekend and my family bbq is on saturday night so thats the reason why i want to cancel my 5pm - 10pm shift and my DM wont let me cancel and there is noone to swap shifts with

i got called in yesterday arvo from 5:30 - 9:30. shouldnt that cover the shift i cant work . but now i have to and give up on the family bbq which isnt fair cos i wont get to see my aunty and cousin who i havent seen in months. but ill go to work its just i notified days before and they still cant find someone to swap me with cos i tried my best and noone wants my 5pm - 10pm shift :(

groovygirl

HSC
You can swap shifts coming up to Christmas. Basically if you can find someone to swap it should be fine, but don't expect your CSM to find someone to replace you, there is literally 0 down time for stuff like this in the weeks leading up to Xmas.
yeah but the girls i asked said they cant swap. its so not fair im not calling in sick or anything i want to spend time with family i dont see throughout the year. i made up my mind i wont go to the family bbq :( ill go to work but catch a taxi home after we leave after 10pm. cos i dont want to loose my job for swaping or not turning up. but im not in a good mood today because of my CSM

Last edited:
HSC
Hmm, maybe it's different policies but our store closes at 10pm every day, and the Supervisors start around 8:00 cashing up. Usually they'll close Express first, then around 9:00 close 2 big lanes so they're only left with 2 big lanes, and around 9.45 close the 2nd to last big lane and as soon as it hits 10:00 they jump on the last big lane.

While all that is going on the late night Grocery fillers are making sure no one is in the store, they lock up the back yard, close all roller doors. Freezers/Chillers are closed at around 10 to 10, the DM is ready at the Cash office door to put the money in the safe and wallah gone by 10:10pm.

It really is a team effort to get everyone home ASAP.
We start cashing up at 8.00 as well, or even earlier for a Thurs night. But the issue is more that there are still 12ish tills OPEN at 9pm. We can't close express (as helpful as that would be) because of the layout of our store.

Any other late night trade night its fine, except we only get given 15 minutes to do everything as opposed to 30.

I really like the teamwork in your store. Just wouldn't happen in mine.

Craven

HSC
On a normal night I would start cashing up tills at 6... so that there are only tills left in for the number of operators I have at the time + 1 for me (usually about 4-5 by 7pm). And then I just count them as they leave (7.30/8/8.30). So I should end up with about 4 tills by 8, 2 tills by 8.30, 1 till by 8.55) and then I close the doors at 9. But on Thursday (I don't do many of them thankfully) it's only differed by the number of people that are on that night... and if you're organised you can probably have everyone cashed up and moved onto jobs so that you only have 4 tills to count at close.... but it depends how busy it is, of course.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I really like the teamwork in your store. Just wouldn't happen in mine.
To be honest I think it's less team work and more LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS PLACE lmao.

And groovygirl, I think we had this conversation a few pages back. It is a business, and at the end of the day (and sorry if this sounds harsh) they couldn't care less if your Aunty and Cousins who you haven't seen for ages are visiting. You will find some CSM's and managers who have high family values and will usually go out of their way to help people in this situation, but others don't give a flying hoot.

It sounds like your CSM is one of those people, and what you have to realize is their job is to provide good customer service, and they can't just 'cancel' a shift because then that would impact that customer service.

Craven

HSC
See if you can swap your shift with someone that is working earlier that day... you never know, someone might be generous :p

jirwin

HSC
she is my service manager. i want to cancel my shift cos i have a family christmas bbq. i only had two rostered on shifts this week which were both on the weekend and my family bbq is on saturday night so thats the reason why i want to cancel my 5pm - 10pm shift and my DM wont let me cancel and there is noone to swap shifts with

i got called in yesterday arvo from 5:30 - 9:30. shouldnt that cover the shift i cant work . but now i have to and give up on the family bbq which isnt fair cos i wont get to see my aunty and cousin who i havent seen in months. but ill go to work its just i notified days before and they still cant find someone to swap me with cos i tried my best and noone wants my 5pm - 10pm shift :(
How would that cover the shift you can't work? They are different days.

Have you tried giving away the shift rather then swapping? Giving away is no different to canceling the shift except that you have to find a replacement, not the CSM.

Obviously all stores are different (and business's too), but at my store they are fine with us swapping/giving away shifts most of the time as long as someone is still covering that shift and we have informed them of the change.

groovygirl

HSC
i understand but im gave an early notice ( doing the right thing) and letting her know days before. Im trying to find someone to replace me im waiting on them to get back to me if it doesnt work out ill work and not go out to see family. cant they understand my situation? hopefully the guy i messaged through facebook will want my shift despite the time if not then i dont know what to do cos i want to see family and i want to work i dont know. i gave them days notice and they say i cant cancel and its 2 weeks till christmas and they prefer me working when something comes up. but they do give me the mid-week off but why can my CSM let me cancel and she can find someone else i hate my CSM right now. she goes off and has holidays and takes weeks of work and when she comes back she wont let me have a night off with family like wtf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)